I need A LOT Of help

redhoodrider

I don't know what class to be but I want one I can play for hours on end and not get bored by the story or combat. I prefer heavy armor, and love helms. For alliances I would prefer Jedi because that's what my guild is. I don't know what class to be! I already have a Sith Sin, Sith Sniper, and Jedi Guardian all lvl's 10+. What is the class that suits me best? I'm fine if it's one of the classes I've already chosen (If story gets better)

In the end only you are gonna know the answer, Try a char and if you dont like it wipe it from your account and start over again. Each Char has there own story and playstyle so only you are gonna know what works best for you and keeps you entertained the most.

Preference is a big thing, I haven't played all the classes yet, however I intend to despite some of the classes not appealing to me, I've already been surprised by the SW Marauder combat, and especially the story line.

Imperial Agents/Smugglers are also very interesting, if you use the cover system right you won't take much damage at all, which is great if you want to have to think and pay attention while DPSing, you can't just spam your attacks because that makes you stand up!

Maybe you should try a Trooper, it's not a force/lightsaber weilding class, but they use heavy armour and helmets.

Another option is, if you just want the look of heavy armour, you could buy some from the cartel market and equip it on a class like a Consular (just as an example), if you rolled a Shadow tank, you'd get more survivability despite being a light armour class.

But the best thing to do is to try out each class and see which one appeals to you most. If you visit the class forums there are normaly threads that outline the differences in combat between the two ACs, for example, Snipers have massive range, some of their skills go to 35m instead of the normal 30m, where as Operatives have a lot more close combat skils some that involve stabbing your target xD and heals (Don't know the name of the Smuggler mirrors).

Storywise and gameplay-wise I've found the Jedi Consular to be a load of fun, much better than the knight which I thought I would like a lot. Though you can't wear standard heavy armor with that. Troopers look fun, but I didn't care for the starting planet so didn't get far. Bounty hunters are heavies and they are pretty fun to play, I enjoyed the heck out of the first 25 levels or so, but having just got the game I tried something else, though I'll probably go back. The sith sorcerer is a lot of fun so far, but again, no heavy armor I think.

I would just check out the first 10 levels of a few types until one grabs you.

I would just check out the first 10 levels of a few types until one grabs you.

While it can give you an idea of the class and gameplay, the first 10 levels aren't the best indicator, since it's the AC you choose that makes the difference

I have been around since pre-launch (CE and subscriber since day 1) and have played all class storylines at least until Chapter 2. My thoughts are this for story:

Imperial;

Agent: Storyline focuses on the behind the scenes that goes on in the Empire. Lots of drama and plot twists. (My main is a Sniper and I ADORE this class)

Bounty Hunter: Horrible storyline to start with but does slowly get better over time

Inquisitor: Different... You are being manipulated while manipulating others that are also being manipulated... Different

Warrior: Smash. Kill. Kill. Kill. Awkward romances. Kill. (Wasn't a fan)

Republic;

Smuggler: A bit cliche here and honestly I lost all interest after chapter 1.

Trooper: Standard storyline you would expect but is fairly solid all the way through.

Consular: Probably the weakest story in the game. Some people enjoy it but overall (judging by posts) most don't.

Knight: Standard storyline here too, but has some interesting twists towards the end of Chap. 2 and well into Chap. 3.

As for armor, only Troopers and Bounty Hunters have Heavy Armor as a standard type. Knights and Warriors can if they spec correctly (Guardian and Juggernaut respectively). Consulars and Inquisitors are limited to Light Armor. Agents and Smugglers have Medium. Note that all armors are retro-active i.e. Heavy Armor users can wear all types; Medium can use Light as well; Light is stuck with it. As a side note though. If you want the look of Heavy Armor but can't wear it for your class, there is quite a bit of adaptive armor out there that has the look of another type.

Lots of info there so sorry if it seems much. Hope it helps :rak_03:

Edited by LHRFreak

I don't know what class to be but I want one I can play for hours on end and not get bored by the story or combat.

First, there are no classes in ANY MMO or RPG that NEVER get boring. Sorry to disappoint but you are asking too much. But this is why MMOs allow for the creation of alts - get bored with one character, fine, create another.

Second, your tastes are your tastes. No one can tell you what you will like.