*DELAYED* Season 1 of Ranked Warzone Arenas

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey everyone,

The last time we talked about Season One, we said that it was targeted to begin on Tuesday, October 29th. Unfortunately, we are going to be delaying the start of Season One.

I know that this is the absolute last thing any PvP players will want to hear, but we have good reason. We have discovered that there is a major issue with how ratings are being awarded in Ranked matches currently. This bug can cause some very serious "rating inflation" to happen. Basically, if we started Season One with this bug in place it could become near impossible for teams who get a late start to catch up.

Simply put, we couldn't begin Season One with such a nasty bug in place and because of that, we are delaying its launch until we can get it resolved. The team’s new target date is November 12th. Like all dates we announce in advance they are subject to change if we find a show stopper issue late in the development cycle.

Thank you all for your patience. We are just as eager to get Season One started as you are but we want to make sure it is done right!

-eric

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as Galactic Starfighter is not delayed I don´t care that much.. only playing regular warzones for regular people like me, who sometimes suck at PvP anyway

I resubbed for GS and my goodies (PS, where are my Join the Battle goodies, I wonder.... Still waiting)

Edited by Lord_Ravenhurst

Is someone surprised?

They could have just said it was delayed and not give information at to why or give a new projected date for its start. From the sounds of it this bug that is in the current system is not something we want to be there when it goes live so it it take 14 more days to fix that issues I pretty sure most every one is willing to wait those 14 days to avoid having a broken system. Well unless your one that thinks such a bug would give you and advantage, but you would be one of those types of people would you? :rolleyes:

Alright serious question.

Since arenas first came on the PTS it's been a static +12/-13 for wins/losses. The wording of this announcement is implying that this is some kind of last minute bug that was just discovered recently. If that was the case then fine, no biggie. But this means that in the multiple months we've had arenas, either no one has reported that ELO loss/gain was static, or the dev team knew and swept it under the rug and is just now being like "oh yeah I guess we should do that".

Which case was it?

Edited by Morde_