Seeking advice!

Vego_Mohenjo

I am about to upgrade my PC with a new video card. I'm trying to decide between the GeForce 650 or 660. The former is about $200, the latter around $300. I wonder if any of the tech-aware members of the forum can give me some idea which would be a better choice. TOR is the newest game on my system, but I want to be able to consider playing some of the newest games, too.

I have an i5 2.67gHz processor, 10GB RAM, and plenty of HD space on an up to date drive (ie. it's about as fast as it can be at present, short of getting an SSD). My current card is a GeForce 240 GT, so either the 650 or the 660 will be a huge improvement.

What do you think? Is the 660 worth the extra $100?

Hate to say go read <blah> ... but, well ... Tom's Hardware Comparison

my $.02 :: If you can afford the 660, it's clearly a better card, which always buys time on your next upgrade. So generally comes down to do you like to personal choice of upgrading more often or rarely? I also noticed in the above review in the final review chart they had the 650 chart on low settings and 660 on high :: that tell you something? ;)

If you're only planning on playing tor, a 650 would be more than enough to maximize your video settings at almost any conceivable and available resolution. On the other hand, buying a 660, as the previous posts have said, does future-proof your gaming rig more, so either are an option. And I'm not sure of the price of a 660, but you can easily find a 650 for less than $200.

I'm really leaning toward the 660. I'm told the 660 ti is the way to go, it's even faster than the base model...

the X50 models are not very good cards,they are decent but not great...Always try to get the X60 or better versions of their cards.

I have the GTX460SE and it still rocks this game on max settings at 1080p resolution.