Top 5 Things You Would Like to See in SWToR

-Silver-

There's a thread on Bioware's DA3 board that has really helped the devs collate info about what the players want, and it would be interesting to see if SWToR's devs and community managers could make use of something similarly organized and to-the-point.

The idea is that you post 5 things you want to see added/improved/removed from the game in a simple list. Keep it short and sweet!

With F2P about to hit, and a new Star Wars movie launching in a few years, SWToR has a great chance of gaining momentum. So as that momentum builds, what would you like to see the devs incorporate? Here's my list:

1) More Character Customization - I can't get enough of it. Keep those Cartel Coin packs updated with new customization options, and I'll keep my sub running. Hairstyles, tattoos, clothing, colour crystals, anything.

2) Open Planets - Most planets feel railroaded. I would love to see planets added in the future that encourage exploration. As much as I love linear designs for their structured stories, I would also love to see some planets experiment with free-form questing.

3) Less Skills - Controversial, no doubt, but my Consular has three bars brimming with skills, and a fourth dedicated to items. It's a barrier to entry for some players, and seems cluttered to me. Many of them could be condensed down.

4) Open World PVP - perhaps tie it in to an open planet. Give me objectives to fight for, and a reason to HOLD ON TO THEM, instead of rewarding me each time I capture it. Make Imps and the Republic want to keep hold of a location, and trading won't be an issue.

5) Space - I don't expect it to be as open as EVE, but at least take it partly off-rails. Allow me to buy and customize my own ships, allow Smugglers to run blockades and make cash trading/smuggling, and perhaps incorporate group space missions. Flashpoints could begin with space battles, and PVP could also take place up there. Lots of untapped potential.

What are your top 5?

1. Ch. 4, including adding to companion stories.

2. Enlarge existing planets. You don't need new quest hubs, but area quests & bosses would be great to encourage exploration.

3. Ship customizations.

4. Lots more titles for achievements.

5. Barbershop for post creation alteration!

Open World PVP- Give some reward to it. I feel like every time I fight off someone from the opposite faction, all I get is satisfaction out of it. No item drops. No credit drops. No experience. There really doesn't seem to be much point to it, unless you're rallying against high-level people that are ganking lowbies for cheap laughs-- and even then, that's basically just so you can ensure that you're singleplayer or cooperative experience goes uninterrupted.

1) Proper Force user jumping abilities. Proper jetpack abilities for PT/Merc/Trooper/Commando. These ridiculously small bunny hops are almost insulting. I'd be quite happy if they gave us these (perhaps holding down spacebar powers up the jump) and removed things like 'Force Charge' to compensate. I know the Hero Engine is capable of handling it, just by some of the bigger leaps you can make using Rank 3 Speeders.

2) Un-nerf the loot drops to a more reasonable level. We should not be getting gray trash items for killing a named elite/champion NPC. Ever.

3) Expand crafting. Make under-utilized crafts such as Synthweaving and Armstech more useful please. Right now, people basically use them to get their Rakata off pieces and dump them for Biochem and Cybertech.

4) More saber crystal colors, and more saber hilts. Even Jedi Academy gave a larger variety. They took some ideas (black core crystals) from fan-made modpacks for KOTOR. They can obviously do better than they have.

5) The ability at some point, for all classes in each faction to get all companions for their faction and experience their companion-specific stories in relation to that particular character. What, that Bounty Hunter wants to team up with Khem Val? WHY THE HELL NOT?

Nice topic, perhaps if the devs see it might use some of our ideas :cool:.

Down to business:

1)Better Space Combat( Give us freedom to fly with the ship).

2)Ship Customization(like painting, maybe make trophies available that we can display in our ship,little things like that) .

3)More Freedom in the cosmetic armor, I like to change the look of my character in a week basis, right now I can't do that because of the price to switch mods around. The idea that pop in my head is wardrobe system. But anything that does not cost money would be fine by me).

4) Mini Games( Pazaak,swoop race anything at all would be nice).

5)Barber shop!!!!! Or even better an item(can be a cartel market thing) that allow you to change your character look.

Have a nice day :)

Edited by Smartcat
wrong spelling

1. An open-world sandbox planet for end-game

2. Exclusive cross-server Premade and group brackets for PvP

3. More solo endgame that actually matters (because it yields gear that isn't a joke)

4. Dueling arenas, Pazaac tournies, and Swoop racing (should be watchable in real-time by masses of other players, who can also bet on the outcome and compete when their time comes... should be neutral area, cross-faction, and only 1-2 of each in total; not 1 one every planet -- for example, Swoop Races on Nar Shadaa and Tatooine, and no where else)

5. More armor/clothes variety

1.) PVP Premade Finder - If you're going beyond the daily, and your guildies are at work.... find a team, make some friends, and be more competitive. This is a multiplayer social game, so meeting people outside your current circle is good, yes?

2.) A Legacy Bank - Let me keep my crafting materials & "Bound to Legacy" gear in one place. Reduce load on the in-game mail server (constantly mailing gear & mats between alts).

3.) Legacy Tier Discounts - Higher legacy levels SHOULD earn you some sort of discount for Legacy Perks. Instead of constantly lowering the standards, how about giving some incentive to grow your legacy (i.e., replay the friggin' game).

4.) Hard Mode Space Missions - Let me at least earn some extra fleet coms for replaying the fun space missions that are grayed at my level. An easy way to add variety to the endgame. Also, a good reason to buy those top-tier spaceship upgrades.

5.) Guild Capital Ships - Floating museums of a guild's accomplishments, complete with cantina and unlockable mission terminals based on ops or PVP achievements. An intuitive way to evaluate a guild before you join, an excellent way for a guild to display their super-awesomeness, and a refuge from overcrowded (and laggy) fleets.

Edited by Varinm

1. Reward for open-world pvp, even 1 valor pt. would be better than the reality of what is... and not to reward ganking, but if the player you have just killed is a higher level or one to two levels below you, you should get some sort of reward... anything, just something more than nothing.

2. Post creation customization. Tattoos, haircuts, armor emblems, something.

3. Interior ship customization. Anything, seriously. Trophy case, color scheme, something.

4. Armor color customization. I'm grateful that they finally re-implemented the color match and later implemented if for companions as well. But I would love to have the ability to customize the base and trim colors of my armor.

5. Gear emblems for guilds or various achievements.

This is a great idea. If I had to narrow it down to 5, it would be:

1. A legacy storage unit, so that you could leave items behind for a character that you will create in the future.

2. Something on the website that would allow you to check on things like character's in game mail, send your crew on missions, take a peek at the gtn, etc. Things that don't require moving around or attacking.

3. The ability to not only customize your ship, but to upgrade to one of several available cooler-looking ships for cartel coins. I don't want my Bounty Hunter wandering the galaxy in that ridiculous looking ship forever.

4. More GTN terminals across the galaxy. Like on Ilum, for instance.

5. More stuff to do in space.

I'll continue subscribing no matter what, but I'll post my ideas:

1. Guild Flagships w/ Missions: My idea for this is rather interesting, I think: PvE missions on a guild flagship would consist of participating guild members warding off an assault by using standard starfighters and turbolaser batteries. The enemy would be an opposing capital ship, or a Guild ship from the opposing Faction if in PvP mode. There would also be assaults on cities on a set of small planets (Fondor, Saleucami, etc)

2. Character customization: Taking out the Cyborg race and adding cybernetic options to the others would be very nice, in my opinion, as well as more options in the other subjects.

3. Better Space Combat: This would tie into number 1. My idea would be to let the player change the course of his/her starship, but not completely stop it. Basically the same controls we have now, but with steering capabilities. More explorable space zones would be a good addition to go with this.

4. Evasive Maneuvers in Ground Combat: I enjoyed the Dodge Roll ability in Guild Wars 2, and thought it would be a fantastic addition to SWTOR. Also, the ability to perform your basic attack while rolling would be terrific (Smugglers rattling off a round of bolts as they roll, Knights slashing at their opponents as they dodge past them, that sort of thing). With a Stamina Bar (extra depletion for attacking mid-dodge), I think this could work.

5. More hidden places to explore: This is something I would love to pieces. In the Dune Sea, I found a Sandcrawler wreck with a small hole in the side. The hole was covered, but it could have lead to a a passageway full of Tusken Raiders with a Rancor at the end. If they had this sort of thing in game, I'd probably forfeit sleep for it.

1. Legacy Bank

2. Group Space Missions

3. Guild Capital Ships

4. for exploration, instead of having a large area become uncovered, have only one or two 'squares' become visible

5. more GTN terminals, maybe one on each planet for those that don't want to have to go to fleet everytime they want to check the GTN

1) Legacy Banks

2) Blaster rifles for powertechs, common awsome armor and a lame pistol?

3)16 character slots per server.

4)The ability to buy any and all other ships besides the free one you get with your class. I just think it would be cool to have all of them (for a few million credits a piece of course) and walk in my huge hanger and have to pick one. They could be legacy bound kind of like the buffs once you buy one it is available to all characters in the legacy.

5) I would rly like to see Kyshyyyk and Mandalore put in as planets.

1. I would like to see the skill tree give you more point once you reach level 10 there are quite a few skills that improve our chances that we have to give up on in order to complete a branch.

2. I agree with have a place where we can make changes to our characters look and maybe even change the name (willing to buy this with credits)

3. Reduce the light saber restrictions, any Jedi should be able to learn/use all of the lightsabers and even use two (maybe give us a seperate points (every 5 levels) to use on these types of skills.

4. If we have to go to most planets to get the Datacrons why not pick up a planet quest as well. some planet do not allow this.

5. in game email to any of our characters no matter what server they are on. If we want to give an alt some of the equipment we have found/won we should be able to.

1. Rested Legacy XP once you hit max level.

2. Shared Legacy Bank between characters.

3. Cheaper Legacy costs.

4. All items interchangeable between characters on the same account.

5. Dark-side appearance progression where we want it. Instead of just turning it on or off how about we have to ability to show as much or little as we want. For example If I'm dark side 5 and only want to show dark side 2 then I set it to dark side 2. It could be little check mark boxes on the dark/light side meter.

6. Appearance tab - Actually, you know what? The companions have their companion customizations. They are icons you drop into their equipment slot (I know everyone knows this). How about giving the players that also. Set it up so that we can tailor make our own look(s) that create an icon that we can drop on our character to change the look. That way we can have many looks. A better idea would be to not have any of it take inventory space.

7. Appearance tab for clothing. Yes the unifying colors is great but sometimes you get that one helm or chest piece that you don't want to give up. You look for a modifiable version of it to no avail but the day always comes when you have to either have to part with it or stick it in the bank.

1. More chapters to the class stories

2. Additional classes with their own stories/splitting up stories for advanced classes to improve replayability (well I know it is unlikely even for expansions)

3. PVP dedicated planets with proper incentive for participating. Possibly allow opposing player cities on them.

4. space combat (including pvp) a la starwars galaxies

5. Allow us to buy other ships

1. Definitely some form of housing with decorations, like they have done it in LOTR:O for instance.

- Maybe this, too.

5.) Guild Capital Ships - Floating museums of a guild's accomplishments, complete with cantina and unlockable mission terminals based on ops or PVP achievements. An intuitive way to evaluate a guild before you join, an excellent way for a guild to display their super-awesomeness, and a refuge from overcrowded (and laggy) fleets.
by Varinm

2. A few new species.

3. Barber shop would be very excellent to have in the game.

4. Expansions with increased level caps and a chapter four.

5. More developer interviews of them talking about the game and planned features.

Yes! Heavily customizable and upgradeable too. Give the guild something to work towards.

1.More things to do in your own ship.(I.E. mini games or abilities to interact with other online players and friends)

2.More options to interact with online players and friends on the fleet(I once read on the forums someone would like to be able to sit in a chair.That would be cool for people who group and wait.Little things like that can add immersion)

3.Option to choose what level and game type you would like to play in warzones.(This would be really effective when the devs add more maps to warzone playlists.No rush for this,but this would really catch a lot of attention,especially with ex-players of swtor)

4.Keep up the cartel market.Add more lightsaber colors,Rare items,Collectibles,Pets,Vehicles,Armor,Weapons,etc.(I really like the cartel market,not only because it gives me another reason to be a continual subscriber,but it does add variety to the game in cool ways)

5.Another Huttball level!!(Do i really need to elaborate any further?)

Things I would like to see:

*Space/Ships": The ability to control my ship, and actually fly it in open Space sectors. It would be very cool if we could also include pvp in space, and also have "Quests" to do throughout the differant Space Sectors.

Sorry but the "Space Content" we have in this game right now is frankly a bad joke......that should have been left out of an MMO. In its current state it is more suited to a 1st person shooter game.

Open World PvP Ideas: a lotta people have come up with some very good idea's for open World pvp. This topic has already been thrashed to bits. Maybe one day BW will actually start to include some form of Open world pvp content into this game. cynically though I am not holding my breath that this will happen any time in the near future.

BW has in the past "promised" stuff on this subject, in the past then failed to ever follow through on it, mainly because of other "issues" associated with open world pvp. (lag for one...servers not being able to handle large amounts of people in one area, and so on.)

Player Housing, & Decorating I would love to see some form of player housing, and decorating included into this game. And please...NO....Ships are not Houses. They are ships.

I am a big fan of decorating out Houses, and ships for my toons. It gives me something else to work on in-game, other than the usual "killing a trillon NPC's for so many cooms" Story (and also me crafting which I do enjoy! oh and also pvp)