OMG BW, really with the server pops? REALLY?!

bahdasz

Good job! Really! You succeeded in bringing back the playerbase.

So iF that was your plan, why the hell would you consolidate down to almost no servers to put them on?

I have been force server transfered twice so far, onto what was already an overpopulated server in the end. Now it has, of all things, SEVEN INSTANCES of Dromund Kaas running... and they're all full!

The freaking server got so stressed that it hickupped and everyone LOST, no kidding, FIVE MINUTES of play time, accomplishments, etc... God only knows how many credits or items I proabably lost, since I was on the GTN at the time. I had 14 mails in my box, I went outside and retreived them and BAM! Load screen, now I'm inside at the GTN again and I have 3 items in my mail. Did I lose money? Are some of those things burning in server hell allong with the money? What about people that may have just finished a heroic? WOW!

So seriousy, time to open up some more servers again and let me off of this sick orgy of spawn ganking and uberlag you call The Red Eclipse. I am sure this is not the only server with an unbarably huge population now, so DO SOMETHING!

I stayed a loyal customer, I still pay for a subscription, A PAYING CUSTOMER SHOULD NEVER HAVE TO WAIT, NO KIDDING AGAIN, 55 MINUTES TO LOG INTO THE GAME THEY'RE PAYING FOR.

Edited by bahdasz

F2P has no what? The population went up about 400% this week. Keep deluding yourself that it doesn't affect your gameplay.

And yay, now the freaking server completely crashed!

Great job, BioWare, you don't suck at all /sarcasm off.

Good job! Really! You succeeded in bringing back the playerbase.

So iF that was your plan, why the hell would you consolidate down to almost no servers to put them on?

I have been force server transfered twice so far, onto what was already an overpopulated server in the end. Now it has, of all things, SEVEN INSTANCES of Dromund Kaas running... and they're all full!

The freaking server got so stressed that it hickupped and everyone LOST, no kidding, FIVE MINUTES of play time, accomplishments, etc... God only knows how many credits or items I proabably lost, since I was on the GTN at the time. I had 14 mails in my box, I went outside and retreived them and BAM! Load screen, now I'm inside at the GTN again and I have 3 items in my mail. Did I lose money? Are some of those things burning in server hell allong with the money? What about people that may have just finished a heroic? WOW!

So seriousy, time to open up some more servers again and let me off of this sick orgy of spawn ganking and uberlag you call The Red Eclipse. I am sure this is not the only server with an unbarably huge population now, so DO SOMETHING!

I stayed a loyal customer, I still pay for a subscription, A PAYING CUSTOMER SHOULD NEVER HAVE TO WAIT, NO KIDDING AGAIN, 55 MINUTES TO LOG INTO THE GAME THEY'RE PAYING FOR.

Your random use of words in all CAPS shows that you are very serious about this.

just amazing. People complain when there were too MANY servers

now they are complaining there are not ENOUGH servers...

will people ever be satisfied? I can answer my own question. The majority of them? No :)

One extreme to the next makes nobody happy. This obviously is not happening to you or you would not be here acting like you have some kind of moral high ground here.

There is a happy medium that could have been placed in preparation for F2P. Instead it went from one extreme (nobody on your server) to the next extreme (way too many).

Edited by Wraiven

One extreme to the next makes nobody happy. This obviously is not happening to you or you would not be here acting like you have some kind of moral high ground here.

There is a happy medium that could have been placed in preparation for F2P. Instead it went from one extreme (nobody on your server) to the next extreme (way too many).

Hmm..I suppose. How about this

How about they increase the cap on the mega servers again? Would that be good? :)

Hmm..I suppose. How about this

How about they increase the cap on the mega servers again? Would that be good? :)

They will most likely have to do that. I know with STO, they created separate servers for the F2P players, but that would be a bit too hard to implement since what's been done is already done. I believe the only other option they have at this point is to further increase the stability of their servers (due to people noticing ability delay in the power trays...which is an indication of server overload) and increase the max server load.

They will most likely have to do that. I know with STO, they created separate servers for the F2P players, but that would be a bit too hard to implement since what's been done is already done. I believe the only other option they have at this point is to further increase the stability of their servers (due to people noticing ability delay in the power trays...which is an indication of server overload) and increase the max server load.

I vote for raising the cap on the mega servers so they are enormous. Probably something they are going to consider if the game keeps growing with f2p :)

I vote for raising the cap on the mega servers so they are enormous. Probably something they are going to consider if the game keeps growing with f2p :)

Then all the haters can come on and say TOR is dying because mid week all the servers (outside asia) are standard :)

in december people wanted more server

I remember when the game was first released, there were so many people playing it, it could have used more servers. Every single last server was full, and we had more servers than I cared to count already. But that was before the mass exodus.

Nah, I don't think we need more servers, I think the servers we currently have just needs more tweaks.

No I agree with the person you quoted people raged HARD that the game was dying now that the game has a decent pop people are raging and * Gasp!* whoever said they can't open up more servers oh wait people will complain about that to do you see the pattern here?

Why should they open up more servers when we all know the populations will start to drop off again in the coming weeks?

Just wait it out a little longer. The remaining 2 servers in this game will be back to 24/7 Light/Standard population soon enough and then you can make another post whining about how long the queue times are.

I'm no expert in these sorts of things, but maybe they shouldn't allow F2Pers on when the severs are already heavy. They don't need to be pushing severs to their limits. Let them wait so that they do not disturb subs play time. Edited by Radzkie

Why should they open up more servers when we all know the populations will start to drop off again in the coming weeks?

Just wait it out a little longer. The remaining 2 servers in this game will be back to 24/7 Light/Standard population soon enough and then you can make another post whining about how long the queue times are.

Im sorry what region are you in?... I came back about a month or so before f2p went on, not once did I see anything below standard besides 4-6 am in the mornings, in fact during the day most servers were heavy or full :p