View Single Post

Khevar
01.24.2015 , 11:26 PM | #291
Quote: Originally Posted by Draqsko View Post
If you do not have any other options for your immediate need, you are forced to pay those prices on the GTN, or don't craft while you wait for mats to come in.
That term, "immediate need" holds the KEY to the eternal struggle between sellers and consumers. Players that want stuff RAHHT NAOO is what allows sellers to drive prices up.

I remember when Campaign gear was the top gear in the game and could be RE'ed for a schematic. Players were selling it for big bucks. I could have afforded buying some of this gear, but I felt it was too expensive so I didn't. Instead I ran a bunch of group finder pugs, got Black Hole commendations, and bought the gear I needed. Over time. No rush.

It's the same thing here. Lets say some crafter with a zillion credits tries to corner the market, buying up all Midlithe under 90K and relisting it to "force" people to pay that price. Solution: Don't freaking buy it.

That "immediate need" you thought you had? It's not really as immediate as you think. Run some flashpoints instead, do some dailies, do some PvP, run your own crafting missions, etc. The price WILL fall if people stop buying it. Because demand went below supply.