Re: Hood toggling - I found a headpiece that does it

Master-Nala

I apologize if this is known already. But like many, I have wanted a way to toggle off the hoods of various robes in the game. Recently my Jedi Guardian came across:

[Prototype] Elder Vindicator's Headgear as a random drop

The piece is a very large visor that wraps around the eyes. But surprisingly, it makes any hood disappear. I have tried it with a dozens hooded robes and it always works. I'm hoping that whatever is making it do that, will allow the devs to do that with all headpieces. I think the only problem is that you don't have a choice. If you show this headpiece, the hood will be removed.

Edited by Master-Nala

Yeah there is a couple of headgears like this one that does that.

The problem now is that you dont see your eyes.

I loved this thing when I first got it (you can get 1 with legacy gear so you can hide the hood from lvl 10-50)

The problem is: you have to wear that visor if you want to hide the hood.

Plus would be nice if the hood was actually down and not just hidden.

:rak_03:

Is a nice discovery, especially for any of us that would rather look at a headpiece than have a hood up. As far as the tech/ability for devs to implement a hood toggle, they implemented hood down versions of all the robes a while ago, specifically to get around twi'lek lekku issues. If you play a twi'lek, any robe you wear will be head down. At that point it was clear they had the code and the secondary models/textures to do it... i was actually sad when i returned from a break to find they still haven't added that option.

In terms of Republic appearances, quite a few circlets do the job. Synthwoven heavy level 31, medium 31, and light 19 all cover it. The same is true of random drops that use these models, e.g. guardian headgear from Athisss. These circets do not hide the eyes but still cause the hood to vanish (not go down, unfortunately).

In terms of Republic appearances, quite a few circlets do the job. Synthwoven heavy level 31, medium 31, and light 19 all cover it. The same is true of random drops that use these models, e.g. guardian headgear from Athisss. These circets do not hide the eyes but still cause the hood to vanish (not go down, unfortunately).

Yep yep.

Character preview while browsing the GTN, and you will see which do and which do not.

On my guardian I use Saber Initiate's headgear

http://www.torhead.com/item/7x4DSfL/saber-initiates-headgear

Drops in Athis and on pub side it is a circlet that puts your hood down. I think their is a consular specific circlet that also puts your head down don't remember it's name just know that I have it on my consular. Basically if you want one that doesn't cover your eyes just go to the GTN and preview every custom circlet until you find one that puts your hood down.

They have a chest piece that is invisible. They could do the same thing for a head piece and place it in the store.

Excellent idea!

They would sell a truck load of those. 'course they will be sneaky about it and put it in the packs. But at least I can buy off the GTN then. :D

BW said the hood toggle is not in game beacause it's difficult to code. However, there is several items already ingame which remove the hood. They probably fired the people responsible for those items, and don't know how to do it again I suppose.

Joke aside, as I said the hood toggle is already ingame and active with some helmet. Why not available for all of them ?

BW said the hood toggle is not in game beacause it's difficult to code. However, there is several items already ingame which remove the hood. They probably fired the people responsible for those items, and don't know how to do it again I suppose.

Joke aside, as I said the hood toggle is already ingame and active with some helmet. Why not available for all of them ?

They probably want to do a proper hood toggle where if you toggle it off, it will be folded nicely behind you or something.

Right now what the headpiece does is remove it totally.

But I can live with that. I don't really need a proper hood toggle. This can be something they can code just to tide things over till we get a proper one.

They probably want to do a proper hood toggle where if you toggle it off, it will be folded nicely behind you or something.

But I can live with that. I don't really need a proper hood toggle. This can be something they can code just to tide things over till we get a proper one.

They can add the remove all hood toggle, and work on the folded hood. Hood toggle is better than none, even if you have to wait for the folded hood.

Excellent idea!

They would sell a truck load of those. 'course they will be sneaky about it and put it in the packs. But at least I can buy off the GTN then. :D

Thanks Andryah. Even if they put it in packs I still think it would be a good deal. After all, people will buy the packs and perhaps put them on the GTN, so other folks will still be able to get them :)

Funnily enough, this is something that was suggested rather a few months ago not long after the last information we got about it was posted by a former employee....

I apologize if this is known already. But like many, I have wanted a way to toggle off the hoods of various robes in the game. Recently my Jedi Guardian came across:

[Prototype] Elder Vindicator's Headgear as a random drop

The piece is a very large visor that wraps around the eyes. But surprisingly, it makes any hood disappear. I have tried it with a dozens hooded robes and it always works. I'm hoping that whatever is making it do that, will allow the devs to do that with all headpieces. I think the only problem is that you don't have a choice. If you show this headpiece, the hood will be removed.

Honestly... /facepalm

Agreed. And if they made it reasonably priced it might lead folks to have some patience while waiting for a permanent solution.

Why not just place robes with hoods down? This is ridiculous. They're actually putting robes with two hoods right now. Look at Revan's and Pathfinder chestpieces from the cartel market.

Why not just place robes with hoods down? This is ridiculous. They're actually putting robes with two hoods right now. Look at Revan's and Pathfinder chestpieces from the cartel market.

Well, almost all hoods go poof when you put on headgear. So offering an invisible helmet like the invisible chest allows a player to remove the hood on most of the robes. You still retain a clean look, it allows you to install mods, so it's a good temporary solution.

Sure, it would be great to have a toggle that places the hood folded on your back, but for now this would work and give you the hoodless look you want. And the bonus IMO is that it will generate income due to demand, a win win in my eyes.

I want this company to maximize it's profits from the store. That means adding as many popular items as possible in my book.