Trauma Debuf

Dreedzik

It seems to me that Trauma might be uncalled for.. I'm not saying healers need a buff or anything, I just don't believe in having the debuff. We still wouldn't be OP in PvP.. Our heals don't allow us to be very mobile at all, and DPS can still burst down our healing (though of course it's wiser to just focus on the healer him/herself).. But that aside, this game is also very stun-heavy. Not snares or knockbacks so much as straight up stuns, and that makes casting much more difficult. Do I think these stuns should be nerfed or removed? Nah, but to cut healing down to a third of its capability when competing with high DPS and so many stuns seems unnecessary. I wouldn't ask for a sniper or sentinel's damage to be cut down to 70%.

I'm at level 39. I can crit heal someone for about 4100 to 4500 sometimes. Crit rating needs to go up so it happens more often but... 30% of that is knocked off when they're being attacked. My average heal is between 1400 and 2700 non-crit. 30% of that means that I only heal between 980 and 1890 when someone is taking 1800 to 2000 damage every 1.5 seconds approximately. It is kind of evened out when they're fighting one on one, but what most people who don't want that debuff aren't taking into account, is that you are rarely fighting 1 on 1. Most of the time it's 5 on 1 or more. You can't heal through that. Even with Kolto Shell critting for 600 and you throwing up a 2k heal every 1.5 seconds, 10% Armor every 16 seconds(or so), you just cannot compete.

That is why I heal, because when I can actually manage to pull off saving a group of my comrades, I feel great about my merc. Sometimes I even get thanked for it with MVP by helping my team defend nodes and such. Sometimes.

Healer should be able to buy enough time for himself before he needs help from his teammates.

A very very good healer with a good gear should be able to defend himself indefinitely against most DPS classes, unless faced with comparably skilled attacker.

A well played glass cannon DPS should be able to solo kill an average healer in 15-30s, depending on amount of mistakes made by the healer.

Yes, because healers totally need to be able to top 2 people being bursted at the same time in PvP.

I think his point is that it can be difficult to keep one person up, while only one person is hitting them (If the person hitting them is 50+geared etc).

If they ever do introduce arena, chances are 4x DPS will be the team to go with.

Healing I found to be pretty awful in PvP as I was levelling, but tbh now I'm 50 with PvP gear it's not so bad.

Edited by Soazak

I'm at level 39. I can crit heal someone for about 4100 to 4500

What class has you healing for that much? I'm 50, decently geared, and my big heal crits for probably even a bit less than that, or maybe about equal. I wind up regularly healing for 1500 in WZs, lucky to get over 2500 with a crit.

• 8 months later...
What class has you healing for that much? I'm 50, decently geared, and my big heal crits for probably even a bit less than that, or maybe about equal. I wind up regularly healing for 1500 in WZs, lucky to get over 2500 with a crit.

wow i dont know about your gear im 50 fairly well geared (WH/BM fully auged) and heal crits 3000-6300 big heal emergency medpacks 2500-4000 ticking 600-1400 slow releases 600-900 clouds diag scaning at 350-650 averages with a good game wining 400-500k now after 2 weeks farming hard core for augements but 2 weeks ago when i re subed i was crying hard core couldnt heal my self out of a wet paper bag. i know the game is gear based but the top end of the gear scale is OP (as it should be :p(cant wait for elite WH)) wish the trauma debuff wasnt there id probly heal thru any thing and wouldnt lose any one(hence why it is there(glad i got more gear))

Perhaps we need 2-3 levels of lvl 50 pvp. Recruit WZ then BM/WH WZ and of course the all wanted ranked wzs

this would ease the issues that appear to be prelivent in wz pvp atm. (fewer losses for geared players queing with undergeared players ect.)

I don't have a 50 healer, but in low WZs i've been able to tank 3 DPS'ers for a while, long enough for people to realize their healer is getting bashed on. Which, in PuGs, can be a very long time. Without trauma, I probably could do it without even kiting.

I can't get the 5k crit medal yet, 1233 exp, 533 + Healing. I'm full BM with WH MH, fully augmented too, although admittedly I augment for Alacrity not Power.

When people cry that they can't kill healers, 1 on 1 probably not, but it's not a game of 1v1 it's team games, and if your team can't kill a healer, they're just *********** bad.

I don't have a 50 healer, but in low WZs i've been able to tank 3 DPS'ers for a while, long enough for people to realize their healer is getting bashed on. Which, in PuGs, can be a very long time. Without trauma, I probably could do it without even kiting.

These aren't low WZs though, are they?

Edited by MagnitudeZero

I can't get the 5k crit medal yet, 1233 exp, 533 + Healing. I'm full BM with WH MH, fully augmented too, although admittedly I augment for Alacrity not Power.

When people cry that they can't kill healers, 1 on 1 probably not, but it's not a game of 1v1 it's team games, and if your team can't kill a healer, they're just *********** bad.

These aren't low WZs though, are they?

Fair enough, but our points seem to be the same. Trauma is necessary.

What class do you play?

Basically though:

Power and your class' main attribute: Bigger heals overall

Critical: Bigger chance of getting critical hits

Surge: Increases the size of your critical hits

Alacrity: Lowers the time it takes for casted abilities to finish

The reason why alacrity is sometimes not so good, is because some classes are not that focus on casting, and even with the ones which are, your biggest problem will sometimes be resource management, in which case it's better to have bigger heals rather than getting heals off more often (because they still cost the same).

Fair enough, but our points seem to be the same. Trauma is necessary.

I agree that trauma is nescessary, but you should be aware of that heals in 50 are not the same as heals in 10-49, because PVP gear favours DPS more than anything else (if for nothing else, then for the way which expertise works, damage gains twice as much as heals).

Edited by Rassuro

What class do you play?

Basically though:

Power and your class' main attribute: Bigger heals overall

Critical: Bigger chance of getting critical hits

Surge: Increases the size of your critical hits

Alacrity: Lowers the time it takes for casted abilities to finish

The reason why alacrity is sometimes not so good, is because some classes are not that focus on casting, and even with the ones which are, your biggest problem will sometimes be resource management, in which case it's better to have bigger heals rather than getting heals off more often (because they still cost the same).

I'm well aware of how my stats weigh up in PvE, but PvP I augment/mod according to my playstyle.

I play Combat Medic. I actually don't care THAT much that my heals don't hit so big, I could make them bigger if I chose to do so. It's just the fact there's a medal attached to a 5k Heal.

I prefer Alacrity vs. any other stat for PvP, far too many times I cast heals on someone dying only for the heal to land on myself .1 secs after the guy has died.

As for resource management, if I am well and truly out of resources with all cooldowns blown and my team is still dying, they probably need to up their dps a little bit.

Sorry but You should Remove it from 50s WZ.. its unable to offheal someone who get hits 2-3k any sec when i heal 1,5k. Players can make big burst dmg healers can do nothing for this... just great.

This is where proper use of stuns/knockbacks/roots come into play. Its why a good Tank/Healer combo can hold a node for over a minute against 5 or 6 people. Trama helps to combat this.

PVP gear favours DPS more than anything else (if for nothing else, then for the way which expertise works, damage gains twice as much as heals).

The expertise on my gear gives me a damage reduction that completely cancels out the damage gain from people with equal or lower expertise, you might wanna send in a ticket if your gear doesn't have that.