SWTOR Single panel Webcomic

Pontius_Morgan

• Replies 730
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That fat sith comic had me laughing so much, cause I have seen so many 'joke' characters running around my server like that (Begeran Colony). Most of them tend to be Hunters though, like Bobafat and BubbaFett.

All great comics, and dead on with a lot of stuff in the game.

the comic was good but i didnt enjoy the "next - previous" buttons to go through the story - albeit i know its a blog.

As for Bean Ladder comment i agree. I also will feel joy when Boosh and the other Pressidents along with the You-Ess-Hey troopers share his fate since they do evil to the world.

Potential inspiration

Space missions: “Turn around, the proton torpedo missed the brigde.” – “I can’t, we’re on spacerails!”

Flashpoints: Black Talon, Esseles for social points as main goto place

Tying into flashpoint runs-

Convo-skipper controversy: “Why are we killing this guy again? Didn't hear what he said.”

Ship droid nuisance: “Master, I’ve put new cushions out, repainted your room, reserved your escape pod…”

Everything 2V-R8 or C2-N2 say.

Bounty Hunter mission rewards: “I will shower you in riches / all the wealth of my house will be bestowed upon you / this super-secret weapon system will make us gazillions.”

Mail attachment: 200-400 credits.

Companion bug: *plops face down on the floor along with you*

Edited by iRouven

This is sort of generic to every major MMO, since few players would put up with finding an armor vendor to sell their armor, a weapon vendor to sell their weapons, etc (in old UO, very early on, NPCs did buy only according to supply and demand, but due to how the prices were calculated, some guilds found insane ways to game the system and could coordinate flooding the market in one area and buying it out in another to reap huge windfalls).

Something like:

PC: And here's some womp rat guts...

Vendor: Sir, this is an armor shop.

PC: And a broken vibroblade...

Vendor: We sell battle greaves, warrior gauntlets, mandalorian chestplates...

PC: Some burned out circuit boards....

Vendor: Helmets. Gloves. ARMOR!

PC: I'm not sure what this is, but it came from a Jawa I shot...

Vendor: (Sigh) 200 credits for the lot, then.

And, I know it's an OLD joke... but there is no OSHA in the SW universe. (For non-Americans, OSHA is the US government department that does building safety inspections, sets guidelines for things like how wide walkways have to be, how many fire extinguishers you need, yadda yadda. I assume most countries have the equivalent.) In the SW universe, there's an endless number of open elevator shafts, fenceless narrow walkways over acid pits, etc. On Taris, just yesterday, I managed to wander into a VERY deep pit without realizing it until I started to fall... my wife heard the "Oh, ****, NO!" from across the room. There's probably a dozen different ways to work that in, but from a BH perspective, there's nothing like falling to the point where you're at 1% hit points and hearing Mako say, "You alright?" ("Sure, I'm fine. There's a... gravitic compensator... in the shaft. Jump on in!")

the comic was good but i didnt enjoy the "next - previous" buttons to go through the story - albeit i know its a blog.

As for Bean Ladder comment i agree. I also will feel joy when Boosh and the other Pressidents along with the You-Ess-Hey troopers share his fate since they do evil to the world.

??? Where the eff did that come from?

Did I miss something?

Can I get a decision tree or something?

Potential inspiration

Space missions: “Turn around, the proton torpedo missed the brigde.” – “I can’t, we’re on spacerails!”--Or something along the lines of *really wanting to* do something, but you just can't.

Flashpoints: Black Talon, Esseles for social points as main goto place

Tying into flashpoint runs-

Convo-skipper controversy: “Why are we killing this guy again? Didn't hear what he said.”

Ship droid nuisance: “Master, I’ve put new cushions out, repainted your room, reserved your escape pod…”

Everything 2V-R8 or C2-N2 say.----Actually working on this as we speak!!!

Bounty Hunter mission rewards: “I will shower you in riches / all the wealth of my house will be bestowed upon you / this super-secret weapon system will make us gazillions.”

Mail attachment: 200-400 credits.---Great Idea here, I knew there was something coming for this one.

Companion bug: *plops face down on the floor along with you*

Potentials commented in blue, thanks for the suggestions!

Edited by Pontius_Morgan

My interpretation of what the various vendors have to deal with, everyday......multiple times a day. As suggested by LizardSF, thanks again.

http://www.theminionslayers.com/comics/2012-01-30-droid_selling.png

I will be working through all the suggestions and putting my spin on them, Thanks again to everyone that has submitted.

lol I'm reminded of a quest in the Sith starter zone. You have to kill like a bajillion (yes, I said a Bah-JILLION) slaves and guards because the quest giver says (more or less) 'The plans will be worth a TON of credits. In order to get the plans, you have to collect the canisters that are guarded by a ton of people who are out to kill you. You need to kill, maim and destroy all of those stinky slaves and icky renegade soldiers and defective killer robots, then get the canisters and put them in the computer to get the plans. It will also ruin Lord So-and-so if he loses those plans that we will sell to a friend of a friend of my pet banthar's cousin! Credits will rain from the sky! You will build an ark, herd animals two-by-two and it will RAIN CREDITS for FORTY DAYS AND NIGHTS! I'm SO excited! Aren't you? *squeeee*' And when you hand it in, you get your cut in the mail. 135 credits with a note that says, 'HEREZ YER PHAT LOOTZ!' Talk about disappointment.

lol I'm reminded of a quest in the Sith starter zone. You have to kill like a bajillion (yes, I said a Bah-JILLION) slaves and guards because the quest giver says (more or less) 'The plans will be worth a TON of credits. In order to get the plans, you have to collect the canisters that are guarded by a ton of people who are out to kill you. You need to kill, maim and destroy all of those stinky slaves and icky renegade soldiers and defective killer robots, then get the canisters and put them in the computer to get the plans. It will also ruin Lord So-and-so if he loses those plans that we will sell to a friend of a friend of my pet banthar's cousin! Credits will rain from the sky! You will build an ark, herd animals two-by-two and it will RAIN CREDITS for FORTY DAYS AND NIGHTS! I'm SO excited! Aren't you? *squeeee*' And when you hand it in, you get your cut in the mail. 135 credits with a note that says, 'HEREZ YER PHAT LOOTZ!' Talk about disappointment.

Your recollection of that quest line is effing awesome. I lol'd at your description.