Lagacy system is a joke!

Soulwave

Lagacy system has nothing to do with lagacy.. All it is, is a way we can waste our credit's..You pay alot of credits to make your lagacy.. Then you can start over with your alt's?!!!!! COME ON!!!

Re'- think the lagacy please system cause it sucks!!!!!!!

It should be that the first char. can form the lagacy system..If needed a alt can build on it.

Sorry bud but what you have described is EXACTLY what was intended - a money sink.

One of the many issues with MMOs is the fact that in-game money quite literally comes from nowhere and that nowhere continuously regenerates. So, MMO designers put systems in place to remove in-game money from the system. In the case of SWTOR, you have class training, crew skill training, some consumables (medpacs and stims from vendors, crafting materials), ship upgrades, etc.

However, these sinks are not nearly enough. By the time a character hits level 50 that character usually has somewhere in the neighborhood of 250,000-500,000 credits. Throw in 250,000-300,000 credits a day from daily quests and that character can have millions of credits within a few weeks.

So, BioWare created a system where players can purchase perks. They call it the "legacy system". I agree that the name is somewhat misleading because you can have 12 different characters with as many as eight races and they can all be part of the same "legacy".

But as Shakespere (in Romeo and Juliet) put it, "What's in a name? That which we call a rose. By any other name would smell as sweet."

That being said, there are many players who have taken the term "legacy" to heart. Some only play characters of one race so that they can setup their "legacy" like a family tree. Some (like myself) have mentally created back stories and personalities for my characters (which influence conversations) because of the legacy system.

Just because you do not take advantage of these "role-playing" options does not make them invalid.

All that being said, the legacy system is 100% optional. Players have the choice to completely ignore every aspect. Nothing the legacy system provides is game breaking.

Lagacy system has nothing to do with lagacy.. All it is, is a way we can waste our credit's..You pay alot of credits to make your lagacy.. Then you can start over with your alt's?!!!!! COME ON!!!

Re'- think the lagacy please system cause it sucks!!!!!!!

It should be that the first char. can form the lagacy system..If needed a alt can build on it.

FYI it's LEGACY. No A after the L buddy.

And furthermore once you've completed the game with one character at level 50, you have no idea how much easier you can make the game for yourself.

Plus you can open up ALL races for ALL classes. Hell ran into a Sith Jedi sage! Hell once i get my Trooper to 50, i plan to have a Chiss smuggler.

Plus there are perks that can help. Do you have ANY idea how much easier it is to get around when you can have a speeder at lvl 10? My god i got through Doroumd Kass so much quicker cause my lvl 43 trooper sent over 50k credits to my IA cause of legacy and i got the speeder off the bat.

Trust me, once i get my IA and my trooper both Lvl 50 and both money makers, i'll be totally set to make the game even easier.

And hell even if you don't spend a dime on legacy, you still get perks if you chain them. For exampe, i plan to have a power marauder and a commando as my last two i do before i move onto jedi. I plan to have 6 so far, two troopers, two mercs, an IA and a Smuggler. Don't want to be sith or jedi right now. But anyways, on my last two a merc and a commando, do you have any idea when i hit my own class buff, i'll be tossing in just because, the smuggler buff, the IA buff and the BH or Trooper buff ontop of my own class one.

And to top it off, once you complete the story for each class, you unlock that classes biggest attack for EACH following character.

So I can have a trooper do the IA big area attack followed by the BH, then the smugglers!

And you don't have to drop a credit on that!

So legacy is a joke? Do you know anything OP?

Edited by TalonVII