Eric, can you tell us why we won't have credits in our legacy storage?

mortenpro

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt it's a technical limitation. Probably it is not offered to maintain the credit restrictions on free to play and preferred accounts. That, and they would have to code for withdrawing from the legacy bank. While it is possible, it is largely unnecessary. Withrdawing trade materials from cargo is there already, so they would just have to add a few parameters in code that already largely exists.

I doubt it's a technical limitation. Probably it is not offered to maintain the credit restrictions on free to play and preferred accounts. That, and they would have to code for withdrawing from the legacy bank. While it is possible, it is largely unnecessary. Withrdawing trade materials from cargo is there already, so they would just have to add a few parameters in code that already largely exists.

Again, I would understand them not doing it if we did not have guild bank which does exactly the same thing.

People can store and withdraw things

Subs can store/withdraw credits (F2P/Pref cannot)

People can use funds stored in GB to make repairs (meaning that using it in shops should not pose that much of a problem)

Tabs can be renamed.

The only thing that GB cannot do it use things in it for crafting.

So if BW combined GB and regular cargo hold, we would have a perfect system that has everything.

Edited by Aries_cz

I don't know of anyone against this idea, everyone seems to be either for it or indifferent. It wouldn't even be that hard to implement since they already do it with guild banks, especially when you remember they found the time to create space pvp and housing.

I don't know of anyone against this idea, everyone seems to be either for it or indifferent. It wouldn't even be that hard to implement since they already do it with guild banks, especially when you remember they found the time to create space pvp and housing.

Not only that but as I mentioned earlier in this thread, you can ALSO(!) name bays in Guild Banks and select an image thumbnail for each bay.

Inability to deposit credits in a Legacy Storage somehow related to F2P and Preferred players?

Ok. I'll go with that but what's the issue with the other two? I find it hard to believe it would be that challenging to implement.

Just for reference...

Guild Banks comes with a bay that includes 90(!!!) slots, the ability to both deposit and withdraw credits, name bays, select an image thumbnail for each one, etc etc.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Inability to deposit credits in a Legacy Storage somehow related to F2P and Preferred players?

F2P/Prefs have limit on how many credits they can have (possibly to make it a bit harder on credit sellers). If they were able to place them into bank, it would create a way to circumvent that limitation.

However, I fail to see the reason why this should be problem if Legacy Storage mimicked Guild Banks, because as was pointed out to me, F2P/Prefs cannot put or take money from GB.

If you make credit storage only available to subs the only way for free to play players and preferred's to circumvent the limit is to become a sub for a month in order to access those funds and transfer credits to the characters. Thus BW makes more money. Yes it allows them to circumvent the limit, but only for that month. If they then drop back down to preferred eventually those credits run out and now they have to sub again. Yet again more money for BW. Rinse and repeat

And since I know someone will mention it yes people who are subs now would be able to unsub and save those 15 bucks for that month. I'm sure a good portion of people will do just that, but a good majority will continue to sub because of the other benefits given to us. Like myself

F2P/Prefs have limit on how many credits they can have (possibly to make it a bit harder on credit sellers). If they were able to place them into bank, it would create a way to circumvent that limitation.

However, I fail to see the reason why this should be problem if Legacy Storage mimicked Guild Banks, because as was pointed out to me, F2P/Prefs cannot put or take money from GB.

Just make Legacy banks sub only and issues solved.

Just make Legacy banks sub only and issues solved.

That is needlessly harsh. Especially when there is system already in place that basically does what people want from Legacy Storage in form of Guild Banks. All that would be needed is to tie them to Legacy instead of Guild and allow materials to be pulled from them as needed 9and possibly credits at vendors).

This is just a guess, but I believe it has to do with the fact they cloned the character cargo hold design and edited to spread to legacy rather then cloning the guild bank design.

Notice you can't put credits in your cargo hold?

I personally would've preferred more the guild bank design to my legacy storage over the cargo bay, but it's still a step up better then what we had as I will turn it into my crafting resource bank!

I too would like to have a bank account of credits that all my legacy can pull from vs having to mail money around.

This is just a guess, but I believe it has to do with the fact they cloned the character cargo hold design and edited to spread to legacy rather then cloning the guild bank design.
Well, of course it is a cloned cargo hold, everyone knows that. The question is why they chose to clone a seemingly inferior system, because Guild Bank does all the things cargo bay and it does them better (except pulling mats, but that seems like a small problem)

Well, of course it is a cloned cargo hold, everyone knows that. The question is why they chose to clone a seemingly inferior system, because Guild Bank does all the things cargo bay and it does them better (except pulling mats, but that seems like a small problem)

Can't speak for others but I would prefer the ability to both deposit and withdraw credits, name bays, pick an image thumbnail and have 90(!) slots per bay over 80(!!!) instead of the deal we're bound to get, as far as just pulling mats from the Legacy Storage.

It's still better than having nothing at all I suppose.

Putting mats isn't the problem, automatically draw mats from strongholds is the key

Would they also add this feature to guild banks many would move their toons to their own guilds.

Can't speak for others but I would prefer the ability to both deposit and withdraw credits, name bays, pick an image thumbnail and have 90(!) slots per bay over 80(!!!) instead of the deal we're bound to get, as far as just pulling mats from the Legacy Storage.

It's still better than having nothing at all I suppose.

I do find it odd....and this is just speculation naturally....that they seem to have built off of our personal cargo bay instead of the guild storage, which I think would have been more suitable for this application.

Putting mats isn't the problem, automatically draw mats from strongholds is the key

Would they also add this feature to guild banks many would move their toons to their own guilds.

I sad pulling mats, not putting, meaning using the automatically when needed :rak_03: