Promethium Drops, Farm. or Crewskill

Briaruss

This is a Level 5 Crewskill from Underworld Trading, but I have sent my guy on atleast 50 missions and I have turned up 0. I am wondering if there is a place to farm this material or another route of obtaining this material. Thank you in advance.

What material are you looking for? Blue/purple materials come from missions such as diplomacy, underworld trading, investigation, treasure hunting (probably missed something). Green materials come from gathering skills such as bioanalysis, scavenging or archeology. etc.

Edit: saw you said it was from underworld trading. If it is a purple material, as far as I know it's only available when you "crit" on the mission. From personal experience with bioanalysis, it seems my crits have significantly dropped off since the last patch. However the "dropped" missions always yield 4 of the purple material I'm looking for.

Edited by Akella

You need a critical roll on the mission in order to get Promethium. The first step is to increase your companion's affection, as that affects critical chance.

If you're serious about getting Promethium, then try to find a relatively cheap level 300 UT mission unlock item on the GTN. That's a guaranteed four pieces. I don't even run level 300 missions otherwise.

Yep. There's definitely something wrong with the grade 5 UWT quests. The drop rate for promethium is way too low.

I've sent my crew on around 50 grade 5 missions as well and they've only come back with Promethium once.

As soon as I started the grade six quests. I was getting Mandalorian Iron about 20% of the time. As such I have much more Mandalorian Iron than Promethium.

Other UW traders have noticed this as well.

Yep. There's definitely something wrong with the grade 5 UWT quests. The drop rate for promethium is way too low.

I've sent my crew on around 50 grade 5 missions as well and they've only come back with Promethium once.

As soon as I started the grade six quests. I was getting Mandalorian Iron about 20% of the time. As such I have much more Mandalorian Iron than Promethium.

Other UW traders have noticed this as well.

And of course like all the other UWT youre using a companion with a crit bonus to UWT that has also max affection right? Using any other kind of companion especially on those 300-340 missions is less than ideal if you want the best results.

Edited by Spero-Mcgee

• 2 weeks later...
with the promethium, I have sent crew from two different characters and over and over I get no promethium .. and I am so very certain that the devs care.. they will jump right on it.. like the bugged light bridge in Belsavis