Need an idea for Agent race

Calsetes

Thinking about making a second Agent, this one being Darkside-aligned. No idea what race to make her, though - I usually make humans, cyborgs, and miralukans, but I kind of want to get away from having so many of those. It's going to be an Operative, since I already have a sniper.

I'm thinking something a bit oddball or unique, and I'm leaning towards a Twi'lek or a Mirialian. I could make a Chiss, which wouldn't require me to unlock a race, but I know they're kinda commonplace. Not a big fan of Zabraks or Sith.

Any help or ideas, arguments, or anything woudl be appreciated, since I'm really up in the air about it. Thanks.

Chiss may be a popular choice, but I think they're a good choice for agents since it's the only class you can play as a Chiss and actually get referred to specifically by yours species, rather than the generic alien.
EH...not quite.

There's a questline on Nar Shaddaa where you meet a man named Watcher X. If you play a Cyborg, his actions and dialogue change during one of your class quests there, as well as later on in your storyline.

If those are your races of choice, consider going Twi'lek female. That race/gender combination lore-wise has the implication of being attractive/seductive, which I think would greatly suit a female agent. While not a standard choice for the class, this would probably be one of the most credible combinations, and make for a very fluent storyline.

Chiss may be a popular choice, but I think they're a good choice for agents since it's the only class you can play as a Chiss and actually get referred to specifically by yours species, rather than the generic alien.

Chiss can also be bounty hunters.

But yes, Chiss make great Agents. Chiss in general make great everything.

If those are your races of choice, consider going Twi'lek female. That race/gender combination lore-wise has the implication of being attractive/seductive, which I think would greatly suit a female agent. While not a standard choice for the class, this would probably be one of the most credible combinations, and make for a very fluent storyline.

Yeah, I keep leaning more and more towards Twi'lek female operative, just because of that.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone - might make a Chiss something-or-other later on when we can eventually buy character slots, or something.

Chiss can also be bounty hunters.

You misunderstood me. They're the only class where NPCs will literally call you Chiss, and you talk about being Chiss, other Chiss recognize you as Chiss, you have your own little background it, etc.. I have a Chiss bounty hunter, and even the one non-class quest on Balmorra where I had a Chiss-specific answer as an agent, my bounty hunter didn't even get that. My bounty hunter is just treated as a generic alien.