Quick Question

KingOtoko

Hey guys I am a lvl 19 Jedi Guardian who just landed on Taris. I am wondering if I am at a good lvl to manage to stay above the recommended planet lvls. I am also wondering if I will have any difficulties as a Jedi Guardian at this lvl and if I need to grind out another lvl or two. Thanks in advance for any help!

P.S. I am aiming to be a Tank and thats the build I've started.

Taris is level 16 - 20 right? If so, you could do half the quests on the planet and finish above the level limit. As a tank, you'll probably be able to solo the Heroics, and if you group up for them they will be considerably easier at your level, the only down side is if you gear up with commendations, you'll be under geared for you level (but not for the content you're up to, which is fine)

Does this answer your question?

Taris is level 16 - 20 right? If so, you could do half the quests on the planet and finish above the level limit. As a tank, you'll probably be able to solo the Heroics, and if you group up for them they will be considerably easier at your level, the only down side is if you gear up with commendations, you'll be under geared for you level (but not for the content you're up to, which is fine)

Does this answer your question?

I leveled my JK as guardian defense spec and I disagree with the underlined statement. Fact is that the JK does not get his healer companion for a while. I tried doing a heroic on Taris solo (with a DPS and tank companion; I tried both) and while I did finish it, I died several times in the process. I learned that you have to keep a tight leash on your companion making sure that it is targeting the "right" mob (weakest to strongest).

Everything else I agree with :)

I leveled my JK as guardian defense spec and I disagree with the underlined statement. Fact is that the JK does not get his healer companion for a while. I tried doing a heroic on Taris solo (with a DPS and tank companion; I tried both) and while I did finish it, I died several times in the process. I learned that you have to keep a tight leash on your companion making sure that it is targeting the "right" mob (weakest to strongest).

I never said it would be easy or death free :p I haven't played a Knight Guardian yet, but as a tank he does have an advantage over others when it comes to soloing heroics. I just assumed that given his level he should be able to get through them :D

But yeah, without the healer companion it will take a lot. Don't really know when knights get theirs :p

Being able to "solo" something does not mean that you can do it without dying. :)

I soloed many Heroics (back in the dark days when we were all spread out over "hundreds" of servers ;)) and while I was able to complete them, they were done with a lot of dying and running out (to reset aggro). It is "fun" and it teaches you a lot about all of those abilities you wouldn't normally use. But it is never easy (unless you outlevel them by a lot ;)).