Will we ever see a companion update?

Keatonman

A lot of people ask if we will ever see a class story expansion, I'm more curious as to if we'll ever see a return of our companions. Will it be a free update? A "Paid expansion?" Because I won't lie, I like a lot of the companions, Bioware did some stellar work with them. But that's 32 voice actors (Minus the eight that speak gobbidy-goop.) Then add another if you want HK to return. They could stagger these updates per class or one per class per update. But I want to see them continue, they're apart of what make SWTOR unique and fun. It isn't too much to ask is it?

Only thing that doesn't make any sense is the legacy families. Shouldn't it be your character and companion having children, not your characters? It would have been more epic if they had a different story that revolved around your children?

not sure as I've not thought it through but isn't there some scope for companion cross over? for example as a smuggler could I get Vette, her story (played some of it on Sith Warrior) doesn't seem that hard to adapt. I know it wouldn't be a true extension of the story as it would just be the small part that is the companion side but I would be surprised if it were not possible to cross over 2 or more companions per class like this.

I agree on the characters individual companions being able to hook up. BH/Mako, JK/KIra to name just a few. Altho I do understand the server wide legacy too. It makes sense to have your Rep or Imp characters be allies and/or rivals as well as having characters of similar race be related. But I definitely would like to see a contiinuation of the companion storylines. As an example, I was disappointed to see that the relationship you develop with Kira ended the way it did without any big fanfare and only one fairly lame companion quest after finishing your last class quest and being hailed as a hero by the Republic. Especially after the one Jedi Master specificlly mentions that something's up but that never goes anywhere either. ~Le Sigh~

I'm confused. I generally stay far, far away from the official forums. What do you mean when you talk about getting our companions back? I never lost mine and added HK to boot. I'm not trying to troll the OP, I just have no clue as to what he is referring to.

Hey all,

Figured I'd share this with you all: SWTOR-RP Exclusive: Q&A with Damion Schubert & Charles Boyd

This was on Feb 23rd, so it's fairly recent. Q&A below:

SWTOR-RP: Will we be hearing our favourite companions' voices return in Rise of the Hutt Cartel? Or will there be some changes in the voice acting line-up?

Damion Schubert: The companions will not be silent through the Makeb experience, but they will not have the level of plotlines or interjections to be found in the Level 1 to 50 experience. We are looking at ways to allow for further interactions with your companions with max affection sometime post-RotC – your girlfriend shouldn’t go silent when she becomes your wife!

Figured this was the perfect thread to share this source.

Edited by DarthGile

I agree on the characters individual companions being able to hook up. BH/Mako, JK/KIra to name just a few. Altho I do understand the server wide legacy too. It makes sense to have your Rep or Imp characters be allies and/or rivals as well as having characters of similar race be related. But I definitely would like to see a contiinuation of the companion storylines. As an example, I was disappointed to see that the relationship you develop with Kira ended the way it did without any big fanfare and only one fairly lame companion quest after finishing your last class quest and being hailed as a hero by the Republic. Especially after the one Jedi Master specificlly mentions that something's up but that never goes anywhere either. ~Le Sigh~

I would really love it. I played over 500 hours total (love Origin stats) and my highest char is a 35 Jugg--leveled from 21 to 31 in Ilum last week I dare add.

The character class stories and escecially the reactions from the companions really add a unique, but amazing touch to the game. It would be sad to never see a class unique 'chapter 4'.

not sure as I've not thought it through but isn't there some scope for companion cross over? for example as a smuggler could I get Vette, her story (played some of it on Sith Warrior) doesn't seem that hard to adapt. I know it wouldn't be a true extension of the story as it would just be the small part that is the companion side but I would be surprised if it were not possible to cross over 2 or more companions per class like this.

I would love this.

• 1 year later...

Regarding Companions,

would anyone else like to be able to review the cutscenes they had with their companions as their storyline advanced? Likely accessed in the video library on the personal ship.

Also as a possible "button" to toggle how often they interact with you during battles or traveling, they are very quiet currently. They are supposed to be sentient not like pets that follow you. some banter would make it seem like someone is there.

expanded companion storys would be great too. even as something to purchase

just some thoughts

it would be cool to have some kind of archive on your Ship/stronghold that you could use to replay old cutscenes - whether they are companion or class story ones.

also, i would love to see Jakarro the Wookie become a companion at the end of Forged Alliances story.

You wanna know what I want?

Closure on the Khem Val companion story. Not an "oh well, deal with it."

People who completed sith inqui story know what I'm talking about.

What more closure do you need?

You either throw Khem out of his own body for Zash or throw Zash out of Khem's own body. Khem himselt seems pretty greatful if he gets to keep his body, seeing himself whole again.