Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

The fix: Allow teams of 4 in Ranked PVP instead of requiring a full team of 8

They would probably fix all this by allowing teams of 4 players into ranked. The variety in matches of 4 from one premade and 4 of the other would probably ensure Ranked Queue pops frequently. Then the idea of an organized premade running in non-ranked would be a thing of the past.

This would allow the newer pvp'ers a chance to meet each other in a solo non-ranked war zone. That way new premade pvp guilds could form and then progress to the ranked wz where you get cooler looking firebrand armor.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fix: Allow teams of 4 in Ranked PVP instead of requiring a full team of 8

They would probably fix all this by allowing teams of 4 players into ranked. The variety in matches of 4 from one premade and 4 of the other would probably ensure Ranked Queue pops frequently. Then the idea of an organized premade running in non-ranked would be a thing of the past.

This would allow the newer pvp'ers a chance to meet each other in a solo non-ranked war zone. That way new premade pvp guilds could form and then progress to the ranked wz where you get cooler looking firebrand armor.

I do think that would help a lot. That requirement of 8 is a pretty big hurdle considering the game trains players into 4-man groups while leveling. Though, I imagine the way rating works might be an issue.

To the top with you.

Yeah, its needet!

Im bored of trolling Mapcycle with with the same Map and the same 6 enemy premade team the last 7 rounds vs. randoms.

Wondering how it is possible cause you can list only 4 people for premade but they always get in with 6...

Yeah, its needet!

Im bored of trolling Mapcycle with with the same Map and the same 6 enemy premade team the last 7 rounds vs. randoms.

Wondering how it is possible cause you can list only 4 people for premade but they always get in with 6...

Because they queue at the same time over voice chat to increase all getting into the same match.

I came in here to create a thread like this. This issue is dreadful. I just started PvPing max level with my juggearnaut when i hit 55 and this is not even funny. I did 4 games and 3 of them were against premade. I queue by myself as a random and i am pitted against organised teams. How on earth is this fair?! This happened on lower level pvp aswell but less frequently.

Is this your idea of fun PvP Bioware? Because we the non-hardcore PvP'rs dont enjoy just beeing made minced meat by fully geared and organised teams when we are playing with a full random and disorganised team just trying to pull it together. We stop queing because this isnt fun, then organised PvP'rs start complaining about queues and leave aswell and were left with a dead game.

Stop it Bioware. I dont care how long the queue is aslong as i can have a fun match and not be thrown into the meat grinder.

Edited by Nemmar

I came in here to create a thread like this. This issue is dreadful. I just started PvPing max level with my juggearnaut when i hit 55 and this is not even funny. I did 4 games and 3 of them were against premade. I queue by myself as a random and i am pitted against organised teams. How on earth is this fair?! This happened on lower level pvp aswell but less frequently.

Is this your idea of fun PvP Bioware? Because we the non-hardcore PvP'rs dont enjoy just beeing made minced meat by fully geared and organised teams when we are playing with a full random and disorganised team just trying to pull it together. We stop queing because this isnt fun, then organised PvP'rs start complaining about queues and leave aswell and were left with a dead game.

Stop it Bioware. I dont care how long the queue is aslong as i can have a fun match and not be thrown into the meat grinder.

Bump for justice. If things are left as is, you will not only lose the core of the casual player base, which believe it or not are the vast majority but you will also effectively repel anyone who cannot play in a Premade group 24/7 which also believe it or not make up the vast majority of the player base. While I agree competition is king and our aim should be for better games overall, keeping the paradigm as is, is not the way. We desperately need:

Adequate matchmaking. (To Prevent lopsided and mismatched games such as Pug Vs Premade.)

Cross Realm Function. (To bolster the matchmaking pool and offer a much more robust ladder for both Regular and especially Ranked play. As it stands Ranked play is near impossible and meaningless with most servers fielding less than 10, some sadly even less than 5 total active teams participating in Ranked play, even less of those do so regularly or bother to take it as anything less than a complete joke.)

Edited by LeonHawkeye

if bads werent so bad this wouldnt be a problem

Agreed but unfortunately every game will have it's core of casuals and the reality is that it is those players that make up the biggest portion of the player base, although unintentional the current matchmaking system, if we can even call it that, alienates that portion of the player base while only benefiting a very small portion: those whom premade regularly. If all those players have a horrible, close to unbearable experience which Pug Vs Premade is akin to, then decide to quit, the PvP matchmaking pool dries up, PvP dies, then shortly after the game dies which is good for no one. I myself run premades close to 60% of the time and Pug 40% the time and can fully admit no matter what end I am on, Pug Vs Premade is not competition, it's not PvP it's simply a roflstomp due to the overwhelmingly large gap in general skill, coordination and sometimes simply communication.

Edited by LeonHawkeye

Cashogy, if you are a good player with premading experience then you should know that even if we assume equal gear and equal skill a well put together premade should beat a pug most of the time. This has nothing to do with skill and really makes you look like one of the bads yourself. I'm not saying you are I am just saying my previous point should be obvious to any good player with experience forming premades.

I am so glad I don't have to deal with any of this. As you can probably guess I am one of those evil premaders that live only to ruin everyone's day. Funny thing is this is the first MMO I play and I didn't even know what premade meant when I started doing pvp.

Premades must go away. Why are we forced to group up to win warzones and to actually have fun. It's NO fun to roll other teams and vice versa. Premades should play vs other premades.

forced like **** :p

• 4 weeks later...
Premades are fine...this is not a problem.

This is the predictable rhetorical monologue of a person who runs in half premades and plays only non-ranked warzones.

For most guilds they simply cannot muster 8 people on a regular basis to play in the sacred 'RANKED' warzone. They say things like "when we are all max geared" or "on this one day out of the week" but it never transpires. What they slowly get recognized as on our server are pugstomping guilds. Bullys need only apply.

Would be nice to see seperate ques for one's that prefer group play (arena's) and those that just want to pug. Only issue is the wait time's would be increased drastically for most of us until they find a way to cross server pvp content for everyone. I know if my game could not do it but others could, and I wanted to insure the people that play my game enjoyed it more I would do anything even walk down the road to my competitor and say look, you have a nice feature mind if you help us incorperate it into our game.

The goal of this game is not to allow "care bears" to run around winning warzones to make them feel better about themselves. The game provides warzones to fight other players and that is their only job here... the job is not to make sure that everyone is able to win and everyone gets their "trophies" and feels like they are special.

If you want to get better at warzones I would encourage you to do a couple of things:

Work On Your Gear

The better the gear the better chance you have. A lot of those overpowered players in their "pre-mades" have put in a lot of time and effort to get their gear, why should it be any different for anyone else? We have all done it... and yes, I have endured PUGing warzones for an entire day losing most matches but in the end my reward was another piece of gear that puts me closer to my goal(s).

Join a Guild

Yes, that's right. Maybe if you socialize a little you can find like-minded people to queue with... I understand that some people want to be anti-social and guess what? The price you pay for not wanting to join guilds or be social is that you get to PUG warzones by yourself all the time. There is a very simple solution to it but if you refuse than there really isn't anything I can do about it but I'd love to stop hearing you complain.

Realize You Don't Win Them All

I understand that a lot of you grew up in the "participation trophy" / "no dodgeball since it hurts feelings" era of education and because of this you expect everything in life to be a level playing field but that is sadly not reality. There are always winners and always losers and you just need to keep working at getting better. Sadly a lot of the PUGs I have played with (and probably some people on this thread) won't be any better even with good gear. These people won't even realize it's them... they will blame the game, the warzone or the teammates and never realize they are just NOT GOOD.

For anyone complaining on this thread (or the 15 other threads on the same topic) I would suggest you direct all of your negative, whiny energy towards improving your play-style, gearing your toon up and joining a guild. A month from now if you have done that you will probably have forgotten all your ************ and will be one of the people that everyone here is complaining about. People just need to take responsibility for getting better... it won't be handed to you regardless of what your parents tell you. :D

/like,

quoted it all it was well written and was worth being repeated, should be on front page really.

This is what BioWare had planned according to their blog post titled "PvP in Game Update 1.2" on 3/30/12.

The Ranked Warzone matchmaking system will match full groups of eight against one another, solo players against one another, players with similar ratings, etc. However, in order to ensure that players won’t have to wait too long for a match to occur, the system will become more ‘flexible’ over time. Solo and group queued players might be pulled together after a while if needed to launch a match. If a match cannot be made for extended periods of time, then Normal and Rank queued players (except those who queued as a group of five or more) might be pulled together to launch a ‘mixed’ match. Players will always be notified when a mixed match is made on the Warzone enter prompt. The rewards received in mixed matches will be based on how the player queued (type of commendations, rating adjustment if any, etc.).

As someone who chooses to solo queue, I know that this sounded pretty good to me.

/like,

quoted it all it was well written and was worth being repeated, should be on front page really.

1. bolster, is not like you have to work much on your gear, gear also comes with the time spent anyway

2. are guilds or pugs more popular? if you ask me I see alot of people from different guilds more often than full guild teams

3. teams are too small, 8 players, unlike other games where a team of 4-5 people get diluted in a 15-20 man team or more, and also there are maps when an individual matter more than other warzone maps

probably too few people pvp in this game, and no cross server pvp matches to see more competition also

maybe make a choice when you queue to tick or untick facing people that join as group or not, and see if you can afford the wait time

This is what BioWare had planned according to their blog post titled "PvP in Game Update 1.2" on 3/30/12.

The Ranked Warzone matchmaking system will match full groups of eight against one another, solo players against one another, players with similar ratings, etc. However, in order to ensure that players won’t have to wait too long for a match to occur, the system will become more ‘flexible’ over time. Solo and group queued players might be pulled together after a while if needed to launch a match. If a match cannot be made for extended periods of time, then Normal and Rank queued players (except those who queued as a group of five or more) might be pulled together to launch a ‘mixed’ match. Players will always be notified when a mixed match is made on the Warzone enter prompt. The rewards received in mixed matches will be based on how the player queued (type of commendations, rating adjustment if any, etc.).

As someone who chooses to solo queue, I know that this sounded pretty good to me.

If they kept to that game plan then the glut of half premades bullying non-ranked warzones would've been averted. As a mostly solo pugger myself it would be so much more interesting if I had a chance to work toward Firebrand.

What would've made this work is if they gave they made the queue similar to the PVE Group finder. I can't tell you how many times I'm on an all DPS team fighting an almost all heals team.