Slicing Spreadsheet

SpiffyJr

Wanted to see exactly what my return was on slicing so I made up a little Google Docs spreadsheet to track my return. I'm updating this as I get new data but it takes a while because each mission is ~25-30 minutes and I only have two companions.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An4WLWQ0buSWdHExZEFmTHJZVEVTeFhxLXpfbnBZN1E

Critical means that I received more than just a lockbox from the mission. I'm not sure if it's actually a crit but I'm assuming it is because the credit return is generally larger when I receive more than just credits.

TLDR: Click on link, look at profit / hour, and multiply that by the number of companions you have to see your possible average profits / hour assuming you do nothing but slicing with your companions.

Edited by SpiffyJr

An excellent idea, I actually made a thread yesterday noting the strange variances in profit efficiency between middle and high levels (namely that level 49-50 slicing is much more inefficient, providing lower returns at longer times) and was wondering if anyone else had observed it.

Please keep this up, I'm interested in seeing how "Rich" yields for level 5 boxes compare to abundant yields for level 6 at max slicing

Class six has always (so far, not maxed companion affection yet) yielded an Ancient Small Credit Case. Also, the highest offered yield is abundant regrettably although it produces the same thing anyways. To give you some idea of the difference here, I just logged on and collected the rewards from the slicing I started before logging off, I'll go ahead and post them although I only sent one companion out on a class 6, and it was apparently not the abundant quest.

Plug the Leak, 2V-R8, Moderate Yield class 6, cost 1,415, reward 1477, time 31m 12s

The Fly on the wall, Mako, Rich Yield class 5, cost 1930, 6,405 reward, time 29m 28s

Pointing Fingers, Gault, Rich Yield class 4, cost 1250, 6,128 reward (and Mission Discovery: Scavenging 340), time 19m 22s

Note: I checked TORhead to confirm the yield types on these, and realized that apparently the reason I don't have access to higher yield class 6 missions is my level - I'm only 37. So later on class 6 will apparently be better.

P.S. I'll go ahead and edit in the proper time/cost for Plug The Leak in about half an hour.

Edit1: Due to forgetting to note purple mission find.

Edit2: Entered the exact values for cost/time on Plug The Leak.

Edited by Temet

The thing about slicing is the real profits come from gathering boxes, not the missions. I have noticed a continuing shortage of boxes in the later zones, which means it might actually be profitable to farm an older zone.

My point, really, is that slicing is working fine and there is no reason to expect that 24minute missions for 5k credits is going to unbalance anything. I just hope Alderaan is going to be better than Tat for boxes, as my profit/h has decreased since leveling out of the 20's into the 30's.

I am on class 5 boxes for slicing.

To OP: thanks for the sheet. Confirms what I have been seeing.

Cheers

Almost a full day of progress and 1.8k credits / hour (cpr) with some fluke early crits that really threw the numbers in favor of a higher cpr. If I take out those few real high values then my average comes to 1014 cpr.

In short: either I'm doing it wrong or people are complaining WAY too much about slicing.

On a sidenote: Working from home and having 30 minute missions makes it really easy to be able to do slicing. That's a nice side benefit for me. I only have to check the gaming machine once very 30 minutes for about 30 seconds.

You can't really go by # of companions for total profit as there are only so many lockbox mission available over a period of time. After one of two companions you'll run out of the top tier lockbox missions and have to go to a lower tier.

Yea you're doing it wrong. You only want to send your companions on missions for the highest level "Rich Yield" availiable.

For example you would do a Rich yield class 5 everytime, but if it's not availiable you check for a rich yield class 4 and so on.

A rich yield class 2-3 can yield WAY more profit then an Abundant class 5 or moderate class 6 and at less time.

You're not maximizing your profits, should look like:

Rick Yield class 4

Rick Yield class 5

Rick Yield class 4

Rick Yield class 4

Rick Yield class 3

Rick Yield class 5

Rick Yield class 2

Rick Yield class 4

Yea you're doing it wrong. You only want to send your companions on missions for the highest level "Rich Yield" availiable.

For example you would do a Rich yield class 5 everytime, but if it's not availiable you check for a rich yield class 4 and so on.

A rich yield class 2-3 can yield WAY more profit then an Abundant class 5 or moderate class 6 and at less time.

Rick Yield class 4

Rick Yield class 5

Rick Yield class 4

Rick Yield class 4

Rick Yield class 3

Rick Yield class 5

Rick Yield class 2

Rick Yield class 4

Can I just tell you that I have been searching for THIS information for 2 days now?

Thank you so much!

I will name my first born after you

Rick Yield class 4

Rick Yield class 5

Rick Yield class 4

Rick Yield class 4

Rick Yield class 3

Rick Yield class 5

Rick Yield class 2

Rick Yield class 4

Are you sure that rich is the highest category? I found the descriptors quite confusing and arbitrary, personally.

Before I read this, I thought that the hierarchy was:

bountiful > abundant > rich > moderate

But I was quite unsure about it. Does anyone know what the proper hierarchy is?

Edited by LetoAtreidesII

Are you sure that rich is the highest category? I found the descriptors quite confusing and arbitrary, personally.

Before I read this, I thought that the hierarchy was:

bountiful > abundant > rich > moderate

But I was quite unsure about it. Does anyone know what the proper hierarchy is?

rich>bountiful>abundant>moderate