BIOWARE: Feedback Regarding Legacy Levels

Superman_AZ

I'm not sure if they will ever do something like that for high-level legacy players because each time Bioware does not permit a CC unlock, they are essentially throwing away money from people like....well...you. And I think it's safe to assume they will never, ever refuse money.

I believe that the best we can ask for is asking Legacy items to come in two ways. Either unlock it with CC coins for people like you (because someone always will complain about high level reqs, even if you don't) OR unlock it free for the entire account upon reaching the appropriate level. There's nothing that says thanks to me like not having to pay hundreds of thousands of credits to unlock the vendor, mailbox and field respec for each alt. This way, with enough time and effort, you can acquire everything for free for every character of yours. Having a ridiculously high legacy req on unlocks and a ridiculously high credit cost as well is just stupid imho.

Asking for something unique beyond titles is probably futile because Bioware will never surrender potential profits. But automatic unlocks upon reaching the appropriate legacy level would appease most people I reckon, including me.

EDIT: I love this idea as well. Make each legacy level award a 1% bonus to experience and reputation that you can turn off if you so desire. Then, at legacy 50, you could have +50% xp and rep bonus to all future alts!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if they will ever do something like that for high-level legacy players because each time Bioware does not permit a CC unlock, they are essentially throwing away money from people like....well...you. And I think it's safe to assume they will never, ever refuse money.

I believe that the best we can ask for is asking Legacy items to come in two ways. Either unlock it with CC coins for people like you (because someone always will complain about high level reqs, even if you don't) OR unlock it free for the entire account upon reaching the appropriate level. There's nothing that says thanks to me like not having to pay hundreds of thousands of credits to unlock the vendor, mailbox and field respec for each alt. This way, with enough time and effort, you can acquire everything for free for every character of yours. Having a ridiculously high legacy req on unlocks and a ridiculously high credit cost as well is just stupid imho.

Asking for something unique beyond titles is probably futile because Bioware will never surrender potential profits. But automatic unlocks upon reaching the appropriate legacy level would appease most people I reckon, including me.

EDIT: I love this idea as well. Make each legacy level award a 1% bonus to experience and reputation that you can turn off if you so desire. Then, at legacy 50, you could have +50% xp and rep bonus to all future alts!

I like your idea. I also think Level 40 should get a 50% unlock discount on perks (for all characters in that legac), and 75% at level 50. This would allow High level legacies to enjoy future alt unlocks at a substantially reduced rate. You could almost unlock all character perks for 1M creds, instead of just one item. I think players might enjoy the discounts, but a physical Legacy item is also needed. This would allow others to see this player as accomplished, and not just fresh off a turnip speeder :D

Now is your chance Legacy level 40+s... now is your chance to step up and give your two cents on what you would like to see as a Legacy reward that sets you apart from those who have not put forth the work.

bioware hasn't shown any more interest in listening to my concerns than you have. why is it different this time?

they took months to fix dead servers at the start.

when they finally released merges, i didn't have the option to move where i wanted or to put my characters on a single server, even though i asked several times and through every channel available and there were thousands of other forum posts asking the same thing.

when they released transfers, they said i would have to pay extra to fix what i still think was their mistake.

they have not said a single thing explaining why they made these decisions. they haven't explained why, after so many opportunities to put it right, they still want my legacy to be split across 3 servers. they haven't explained why they think it's best for people to buy their way around in-game mechanics, essentially devaluing what i've done in-game.

why is it that when you make a thread it's different? why are they going to start listening this time? just because you have a beef with IDNEWTON?

how about this. if i get to legacy 40, i would like bioware to be more open and honest with me about the above concerns. no half-truths, deception, or manipulation. i would like them to stop ignoring their problems.

Whats your problem with him? you've been quite rude..

Most likely because after revealing this tidbit of information, some of us are beginning to think that the OP is quite full of themselves. That point aside I do agree there is a need for exclusive and tangible legacy level 40+ rewards.

The legacy level 20 armor ideas were cool, maybe just maybe turn the old (Tion/Columni/Rakata) raid armors into legacy level 40 armors. Think of it, the only people currently high enough to obtain said sets were ones who've been around since about launch.

Most likely because after revealing this tidbit of information, some of us are beginning to think that the OP is quite full of themselves. That point aside I do agree there is a need for exclusive and tangible legacy level 40+ rewards.

The legacy level 20 armor ideas were cool, maybe just maybe turn the old (Tion/Columni/Rakata) raid armors into legacy level 40 armors. Think of it, the only people currently high enough to obtain said sets were ones who've been around since about launch.

I am VERY full of myself... however, this thread is about Legacy 40+ and having them get the respect they deserve from the company they've spent so much time supporting. I agree with your Legacy armor idea. I think there are some sets which could be reinvented and released only for the high legacy users.

As for who I am, and why I do the things I do, I am an open book. Speculation is not necessary as I am happy to answer questions.

I like your idea. I also think Level 40 should get a 50% unlock discount on perks (for all characters in that legac), and 75% at level 50. This would allow High level legacies to enjoy future alt unlocks at a substantially reduced rate. You could almost unlock all character perks for 1M creds, instead of just one item. I think players might enjoy the discounts, but a physical Legacy item is also needed. This would allow others to see this player as accomplished, and not just fresh off a turnip speeder :D

Well, a physical item can't be too exclusive or desired, because otherwise there'd be people complaining that they don't have access to it. Stuff like animal mounts or two-man speeders would sell really well on the CM, so there's no way they're going to make those exclusive to a small minority of gamers. Unless, of course it's a recolor of the item that is available on the CM.

If they ever implement something of this sort of physical item, it might very well just be a recolored speeder or pet of a model that is already in the game in a thousand different colors. I'm not saying that I wouldn't like to be rewarded with a unique item, I'm only saying that I don't see it likely that we'll ever get a super awesome, I-wanna-have-it type of item that has a legacy req and is not available through CC purchase. I'd be happy to be proven wrong by the devs, though.

Edited by CommanderKeeva

To Whom It May Concern:

In the past few weeks, there's been a great deal of discussion regarding Legacy Levels and their importance. Several of your community members have been up in arms regarding recent decisions involving Legacy Requirements and certain Unlocks via the Cartel Market. So, I would like to take this opportunity to invite them into this thread and give some ideas of FUTURE LEGACY ITEMS they would like to see added which would require Legacy Level 40 (or higher) to obtain. Items that no other player can access without being Legacy Level 40+.

Not being anywhere near Legacy 40+ myself, I would love to see them get something physical which could be "displayed" while on runs or at Fleet with other users. My first thought, a TaunTaun Ram Mount. We could use one in the game, and it would give players something to strive for. The TaunTaun vendor could be on Hoth, and ONLY sells you a White, Grey, or light Brown ram if you are Legacy 40+ for 250K creds or 160CC. I think animal mounts are LONG over due and it is only fair that our Legacy Members be recognized and rewarded for all their time spent in the game.

Another item I would love to see for Legacy 40+ would be fully modded gear for their alts. A set of gear, which comes pre-modded for level 50 alts, allowing them some ease of leveling from 50 to 55 as the gear would be tuned for 54(ish) and usable at 50. Or possibly a unique Light Saber / Blaster that can be passed over to alts and remodded. Something tangible that shows appreciation for the Legacy 40+.

If you have any reasonable requests for something you would like to see for Legacy 40+ ONLY, please feel free to add it below. It is my hope that Eric, or another member of his team will view this post with serious scrutiny and reward the members of our community who have made their Legacy 40+ and continue to be credits to the game. So, thank you for your time Bioware and please, make Legacy 40+ unique for those who have strived to meet or beat this level of gaming. I'd say they've earned something for the time they've dedicated.

*Please Note: TL;DR - I am Legacy 5 and I am endorsing players Legacy 40+ to receive some type of unique item showing their status as a high ranking legacy. I am not in this for myself.

You seem to think that if they introduce some other "unique item for legacy 40", or whatever legacy level, that there won't be massive clamoring from most, if not all, of the members of the "have to have it now" crowd because they cannot have it, which would leave us right back in the same situation we find ourselves in now.

The option for CC + Legacy 40+ OR Creds + Legacy 40+. The CC is only a currency choice and not a blanket unlock.

As someone pointed out in another thread, since Nov. of 2012, using CC's has enabled BYPASSING ANY legacy requirement, so what would make you think something new would be any different?

I'd personally go with an option to make the Legacy Vendor Armor into adaptive armor once you're at a certain legacy level. My Sentinel wants a vest top that only my Guardian can wear that I can't remember the name of right now. It looks just like a vest you get on Tython, only moddable. If I could use my legacy to make it so that my Sent could wear it, that'd be awesome. :( Other than that, well, I'll have to do some more thinking on what might make for a fun perk.

Well, a physical item can't be too exclusive or desired, because otherwise there'd be people complaining that they don't have access to it. Stuff like animal mounts or two-man speeders would sell really well on the CM, so there's no way they're going to make those exclusive to a small minority of gamers. Unless, of course it's a recolor of the item that is available on the CM.

If they ever implement something of this sort of physical item, it might very well just be a recolored speeder or pet of a model that is already in the game in a thousand different colors. I'm not saying that I wouldn't like to be rewarded with a unique item, I'm only saying that I don't see it likely that we'll ever get a super awesome, I-wanna-have-it type of item that has a legacy req and is not available through CC purchase. I'd be happy to be proven wrong by the devs, though.

We've already seen what happened with the bowcasters. Too many people complained that they missed their chance to get them for whatever reason, and so rather than introduce a DIFFERENT type of legacy weapon that uses barrels, they decide to sell bowcasters so all the complainers can get one. We HAD a UNIQUE type of weapon and look what happened due to all the complainers.

I would love to see a taun taun mount given to each character in a legacy for reaching legacy 40 and the PROMISE that it would be the ONLY taun taun mount in the game and the ONLY way to obtain it would be to reach legacy 40, and a two seat speeder given for reaching legacy 50 with the same promise, but I do not expect to see either one.

I would like to see the credit req drop. Legacy should have never had the added credit req.

Legacy bank.

Allow all comps to do crafting stuff as you unlock more legacy. I don't craft but I think it would be a good one.

Faster crew skill times.

10% extra speeder speed at lvl 30, 20% at 40 and 30% at 50

Port to Makeb

Would also like a perma double xp perk.

As someone pointed out in another thread, since Nov. of 2012, using CC's has enabled BYPASSING ANY legacy requirement, so what would make you think something new would be any different?

Not really a legacy requirement but you cannot bypass the HK quest. You have to do it atleast once.

Not really a legacy requirement but you cannot bypass the HK quest. You have to do it atleast once.

You are correct on both counts. HK-51 does require the quest chain be completed at least once, but there is no legacy requirement tied to HK-51.

I would imagine if BW got serious and made a LL40+ option for those users only, that you could use CC, but you would still have to have the LL40+ to use/claim it. They make CC an option for players (with or without a legacy of that level) to use either form of currency for their purchase. They simply want to provide options. But, what would it really matter if the Legacy lock was on it and it could not even be purchased with CC until you hit 40? Some LL40+ players might prefer using CC. Others would prefer to use creds. Either way, you'd still have to be LL40+ just to SEE the item to unlock it.

Maybe instead of fighting with me about the requirements, you could ask BW for some type of item to implement. I can't give anyone anything except the chance to be heard. What they say is up to them.

You seem to think that if they introduce some other "unique item for legacy 40", or whatever legacy level, that there won't be massive clamoring from most, if not all, of the members of the "have to have it now" crowd because they cannot have it, which would leave us right back in the same situation we find ourselves in now.

And you assume people will clamor. It can't possibly get any worse than the QQ you and your crew are dropping over Treek. You never know til you try, but it seems like no one wants to try, everyone just wants to stomp their feet and complain.

that is wrong, legacy fleet pass CANNOT BE BROUGHT WITH CC, only in game credits.:rolleyes:

LOL... legacy level 5... and you think you're a big shot in this forum... wait $200? ookkay. What comes out in your mouth is utter lies. SIgh.

My Cartel Coin purchase history. I wanted to do this earlier in the day, but I got called in to work and did not have time to share it. That is a condensed screen cap of my Cartel Coin purchases since June 4th. It is now July 6th. I know the internet gives people the ability to lie, but I find the truth to be much more effective.

My Cartel Coin purchase history. I wanted to do this earlier in the day, but I got called in to work and did not have time to share it. That is a condensed screen cap of my Cartel Coin purchases since June 4th. It is now July 6th. I know the internet gives people the ability to lie, but I find the truth to be much more effective.

Remember, EA will always love you.

We've already seen what happened with the bowcasters. Too many people complained that they missed their chance to get them for whatever reason, and so rather than introduce a DIFFERENT type of legacy weapon that uses barrels, they decide to sell bowcasters so all the complainers can get one. We HAD a UNIQUE type of weapon and look what happened due to all the complainers.

I would love to see a taun taun mount given to each character in a legacy for reaching legacy 40 and the PROMISE that it would be the ONLY taun taun mount in the game and the ONLY way to obtain it would be to reach legacy 40, and a two seat speeder given for reaching legacy 50 with the same promise, but I do not expect to see either one.

No....you didn't have a unique type of weapon....I had the exact same bow caster so it wasn't unique at all...get over yourself :)

Do I support rewards for high legacy achievement? Of course...and I'm only legacy 25 myself btw....speeders, pets, mounts, even armor and weapons would be great....or maybe even a series of holo statues like SWG used to give for 6, 12,18, 24 month subscription anniversarys... Just for legacy levels instead :)

It just annoys me when elitist try and claim they are unique and special when hundreds of thousands of players are running around with the exact same item lol :)

Driz

Edited by ImperialSun

I would imagine if BW got serious and made a LL40+ option for those users only, that you could use CC, but you would still have to have the LL40+ to use/claim it. They make CC an option for players (with or without a legacy of that level) to use either form of currency for their purchase. They simply want to provide options. But, what would it really matter if the Legacy lock was on it and it could not even be purchased with CC until you hit 40? Some LL40+ players might prefer using CC. Others would prefer to use creds. Either way, you'd still have to be LL40+ just to SEE the item to unlock it.

Maybe instead of fighting with me about the requirements, you could ask BW for some type of item to implement. I can't give anyone anything except the chance to be heard. What they say is up to them.

Your not giving anyone anything. Please stop deluding yourself. Well, aside from opening a thread up to the typical forum trollings and whinery its gotten. Past month or so this General Forums area has dissolved into nothing more than a page for people to rant, rave and whine about what Bioware should do and blah blah blah. Then enter the apologists, followed by the trolls who then proceed to bicker and moan. All of this is accompanied by the cherry on top of, piss poor communication from Bioware Devs, Producers, and at this point, Community Managers. Yep Bioware, I said it, you still suck at communication. See, everytime you screw up with stuff like oh say, 2.1? You turtle it. You don't balls up and face the issue and apologize to your consumer fanbase, you instead dance around like a pansy saying "Nope, nope! That was obviously a bad communcation!" or you just sit there like you do 99.9% of the time and act silent. Tell me Bioware, how many subscribers has that strategy won you? 20? Maybe 10? Oh wait I know, 5! Ah well, we all know its unlikely they'll attempt to discredit this claim because, again...silent strategy. "If we don't say anything, maybe the bug/problem/Customer Service Rep/etc. will go away." - SWTOR Team Motto.

Any one of us could have started this thread. But I guarantee the majority of us haven't bothered to start something like this because we have absolutely NO faith in Bioware, EA, the Developers or the community managers.

"What they say is up to them." - Please see above rant. Thanks.

PS: And yes, I know this very post is a rant and rave which I complained about, I don't really care.

Edited by WillCaedes

Your not giving anyone anything. Please stop deluding yourself. Well, aside from opening a thread up to the typical forum trollings and whinery its gotten. Past month or so this General Forums area has dissolved into nothing more than a page for people to rant, rave and whine about what Bioware should do and blah blah blah. Then enter the apologists, followed by the trolls who then proceed to bicker and moan. All of this is accompanied by the cherry on top of, piss poor communication from Bioware Devs, Producers, and at this point, Community Managers. Yep Bioware, I said it, you still suck at communication. See, everytime you screw up with stuff like oh say, 2.1? You turtle it. You don't balls up and face the issue and apologize to your consumer fanbase, you instead dance around like a pansy saying "Nope, nope! That was obviously a bad communcation!" or you just sit there like you do 99.9% of the time and act silent. Tell me Bioware, how many subscribers has that strategy won you? 20? Maybe 10? Oh wait I know, 5! Ah well, we all know its unlikely they'll attempt to discredit this claim because, again...silent strategy. "If we don't say anything, maybe the bug/problem/Customer Service Rep/etc. will go away." - SWTOR Team Motto.

Any one of us could have started this thread. But I guarantee the majority of us haven't bothered to start something like this because we have absolutely NO faith in Bioware, EA, the Developers or the community managers.

"What they say is up to them." - Please see above rant. Thanks.

PS: And yes, I know this very post is a rant and rave which I complained about, I don't really care.

you should just QQ now and save yourself alot of wasted time

you should just QQ now and save yourself alot of wasted time

i'm not sure what you mean by this.

this round of QQ is to make it clear that bioware is not developing the game people want. the next round will be due to the cartel market focus of the release, and the next round will be the continued lack of communication when they refuse to address the problem (even though we know, this far in advance, that it's a problem). want to save time? fix the game in a way that benefits the people who play the game and not the people making cartel market purchase to bypass the game.