Collectors edition vendor

belizar

You know what amazes me? The fact that people modding games like Skyrim can put out new armor pretty fast in the game (FOR FREE) but Bioware can't seem to take a little bit to stock up the CE vendor with new items. It boils down to the simple fact that they don't give a care and would rather put it on the Cartel Market to bleed people with a new microtransaction.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SWTOR you are infringement of the Consumer Protection Act, 2007.

This Act sets out, among other things, various rules that apply to claims made about goods and services. In particular this Act protects consumers from misleading advertisements and ensures that trade is fair. Under the Act it is an offence for an advertiser/trader to make false claims about goods, services or prices. All types of communications that promote goods or services are covered by the Act. This includes advertisements, a notice in a shop or even a claim made by a sales assistant about a product or service. EU laws also ensure that misleading advertising is forbidden in all Member States. Under SI 134/1988 (European Communities (Misleading Advertising) Regulations, 1988)

What is 'Misleading Advertising'?

Misleading advertising means advertising that deceives or is likely to deceive anyone that sees it. Misleading advertising may affect consumers’ choices regarding what they buy.

This needs to be addressed by bioware, if you advertise and are still advertising this feature then it must be delivered on.

Seems like a good one to quote. My advice is for everyone who is sick of this <expletive>, to unsub, and let them finally notice that we're tired of their <expletive> and won't put up with it any longer.

Seems like a good one to quote. My advice is for everyone who is sick of this <expletive>, to unsub, and let them finally notice that we're tired of their <expletive> and won't put up with it any longer.

Most people did unsub. And they've been trying to recover from that by catering to getting new people and extorting/tempting them with Cartel Market, not by catering to the returning or the few pre-F2P existing players. As has often been said, they have our money. They got what they wanted out of us. Us staying is simply an unneeded bonus. They want the new blood, they want them to spend and burn out, then on to the next new customer.

EA doesn't understand how to create a lasting playerbase. And as long as they're making money, they have no reason to learn how.

Which is the number #1 reason why I do not trust the "Expansion" and this new Reputation System.

As a person that purchased the Collection Edition, I was trusting Bioware that they would not take advantage of all the problems that could arise from creating a CE Vendor. I was completely wrong, they did exactly what I hope they would not do. Which is make a CE vendor with only 1 item in it, set a ridiculously high price just to further force us to grind.

The VIP vendor is not the CE vendor. Just fyi.

Back to the top so Allison Berryman might possibly prod the money mongering Development team with a question of "where's their stuff you promised them".

Also: Buddy of mine logged out on top of the guild bank up in the VIP lounge: Came back in to being swallowed by it. I guess the guild wanted to keep him for storage.

Actually you're incorrect. They did update it after his post.

Not saying that didn't count as content but it was a pretty disappointing update seeing as how around the same time every swtor player was sent in game mail with a free tauntaun pet, so why would I pay 200k for a pet I already have? Sure it looks slightly different but imo a tauntaun is a tauntaun.

SWTOR you are infringement of the Consumer Protection Act, 2007.

This Act sets out, among other things, various rules that apply to claims made about goods and services. In particular this Act protects consumers from misleading advertisements and ensures that trade is fair. Under the Act it is an offence for an advertiser/trader to make false claims about goods, services or prices. All types of communications that promote goods or services are covered by the Act. This includes advertisements, a notice in a shop or even a claim made by a sales assistant about a product or service. EU laws also ensure that misleading advertising is forbidden in all Member States. Under SI 134/1988 (European Communities (Misleading Advertising) Regulations, 1988)

What is 'Misleading Advertising'?

Misleading advertising means advertising that deceives or is likely to deceive anyone that sees it. Misleading advertising may affect consumers’ choices regarding what they buy.

This needs to be addressed by bioware, if you advertise and are still advertising this feature then it must be delivered on.

Quoting again for a bump for great justice.

Also: Buddy of mine logged out on top of the guild bank up in the VIP lounge: Came back in to being swallowed by it. I guess the guild wanted to keep him for storage.

Lol, that's hilarious :D

Back on topic. I'd really like to see some cool looking equipment in the CE vendor, just don't add any re-skins... There are enough of those in game and in the CM already...

Maybe if some dye sets were added to the CE vendor, that would satisfy me for quite a while, and others would probably be content with that for some time... It would also give us a chance to create a more unique appearance for all of our characters, regardless of what equipment peices we are wearing...

And NO it's NOT the same as adding re-skins to the vendor, since we can use the dyes on any equipment we have, and colour them the way WE want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please!

Quoting again for a bump for great justice.

That info is also on the Canadian site, unless that is where they got it from in the first place.

Sales incentives may not be false misleading, or deceptive.

Anyone who violates the consumer protection act may be subject to prosecution: Individuals violating certain sections of the act are liable to a fine of up to $50,000 or imprisonment of up to two years less one day or both. A corporation can be fined up to $250,000.

FYI, EA/BW. I am still un-subbed, and enjoying Terra with my wife. I will not even play your game because I am so disgusted with you right now. I love Star Wars with a passion, but you piss me off to no ends. When you give an update I will think about returning.

Off topic, Important to understand some of the reasons why you are doing poorly BW/EA with SWTOR below in spoiler:

About the negativity you are getting. It doesn't help when you portray the companies image as a greedy oinker when it comes to the Cartel Market and free to play options. I saw an episode of Bar Rescue that reminded me of the things EA/BW did to copy elements of Blizz/Activision's heavy hitting MMORPG. The Keywords used by someone who knows what they're talking about was "a copy always under performs the original!". SWTOR needs to be more different than just fully voiced choices in conversations to be a success.

http://www.spike.com/full-episodes/5wr800/bar-rescue-turtle-on-its-back-season-3-ep-301

Fast forward to time 9:05 to 10:10. I see this applied to what we are talking about for SWTOR. Learn something EA. And your welcome :p

Ohlen clearly spoke about weapons and armor that will make you look cool and wont be available anywhere else.

Weapons, we can make a case for. Technically, there are two sets of armour that are exclusive to the CE vendors. We have a case against them - we've had one for or a year or so now. There is no need to overstate our case, given that it's already so solid without having to stretch.

Technically, the original poster was asking for more items. Plural. We've had a single one, thus not qualifying as the "items" that were asked for.

Well if we're going to be pedantic then, he's still technically not a liar. The terms of the statement have simply yet to be fulfilled(which given the recent revamp to the area I expect will be happening in the next few months).

Not saying that didn't count as content but it was a pretty disappointing update seeing as how around the same time every swtor player was sent in game mail with a free tauntaun pet, so why would I pay 200k for a pet I already have? Sure it looks slightly different but imo a tauntaun is a tauntaun.

Yeah I wasn't particularly psyched about it and have been disappointed about the lack of CE updates as well. Just the immense irony of incorrectly calling a person a liar, too much to resist.

Weapons, we can make a case for. Technically, there are two sets of armour that are exclusive to the CE vendors. We have a case against them - we've had one for or a year or so now. There is no need to overstate our case, given that it's already so solid without having to stretch.

(Emphasis my own) The CE vendor only has 1 set of armour... unless you're including the security key vendor, I have no idea what the seccond armour set is...

Which brings up another point... why is the republic dancers set the same as the slave outfit and all the CM 'dancer' sets? The Imps have a completely unique dancer set, but the pubs dont?