Former WoW players post here!

trueanimus

blackrock-horde: rogue-Agronk, paladin-gangbot

Quit because of MoP expansion coming in. (cancelled subscription, my time ends in Feb)

Depends on how swtor does in the long run if i will keep playing it.

Edited by gangbot

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EU - Stormscale >>> Blg - Peaceelock

Left wow cause its too easy and boring to hell, same crap over and over again, and we downed raggy first week, and started HC next.

I was planning to be perm here, but dont know now, after the mess with the start they made i dont think so, Ill switch to D3 or DOTA i have no idea yet

1. Server and char name

Blackwater Raiders - Main is Impureness

2 Why did you leave WoW

its active due to their crappy Guild leader replacement feature they implemented. didnt leave but I sualy play to get to top lv each xpac and do the raids but just casualy.

3 are you going to play SWTOR perm?

as long as it stays fun I will.

Won't have much of an impact on WoW in the long run. Games like RIFT might suffer though. They don't have the time invested by players to keep them commited to their game.

WoW doesnt really need a new game to kill it.. they are doing that themselves.. rehashing old content and the new changes in cata took interest away from most as soon as it launched.

My guess is wow loses about 1/2 of its subs to this game.. simply because most of thier player base played swg or are bored to tears of the game.. and then maybe another 1/4 to GW3. Time will tell i guess.. all i can say is im glad something finally came along that actually does have a chance of taking a HUGE slice of the MMO pie.. unlike rift or aeon which were pretty much DoA before launch.

1. Server and char name

2 Why did you leave WoW

1.) MoonGuard(lolol), Felghast

2.) Complete and absolute boredom after playing on and off for 5-6 years. Horribly balanced PvP system that revolves around making a class OP, so that a player will spend their monthly sub rolling that FotM class.

3.) More than likely, if TOR can keep up with the interesting story and content.

Edited by Felghast

1. Most recent and important was Cameltotems on Cairne server.

2. I was burnt out and I didn't find a group of people I really meshed with after my old guild.

3. Impossible to say really. I'll be here for a few months for sure. I'm watching GW2 closely and looking forward to "Copernicus" (Kingdoms of Amalur MMO) on the horizon. Though with GW2 I don't have to pick between this or that. No plans on going back to WoW ever or Rift for that matter so it's likely I'll be around.

Ex-Lightninghoof, looking to recreate the old days when single server AV raged all night - you could go to sleep, wake up, and the battle would still be going.

-Grommet

good times.. good times...

OMG they have the forrest lord summoners up!!.. GET TO THE MIDDLE!!! kill em fast!!

lol

Aljaser and Ajai of Misha

Why did I leave? First time, community fell apart. Second time, the game had gotten way too bloody easy, I was decked out in top gear with rapidly declining effort put in. Third and final time, Cataclysm couldn't hold my interest more than a month.

Yeah, TOR will be my home for a while.

1. Ysera, Chippedtusk

2. I was always going to play this game just didn't know if i was going to play both until i ran into the "elite" of wow bunch of ****** bag idiots who didn't know how to play or cried when you called them on ********.

3. IT'S FREAKING STAR WARS! Of course I'm staying!

Server: Shadow Council US-RP-PvE

Names: Fleshgrinder, Dummokk, Ghorgrot, Mhorrg, Lomghol

Reasons I Left WoW: Brown nature loving orcs, blood elves, the continuing "happybunnykittypony"ing of the Warcraft lore.

I was like 11 or 12 years old when Warcraft 1 came out. Warcraft 1 through 3 are some of my favourite games and used to be one of my favourite universes.

Now the Warcraft lore is just sad.

I'll be playing SWTOR until I run out of content that doesn't require a hardcore investment.

Edited by Yfelsung

1. Server and char name

Dont remember Twillight something? o.O Meelan, Nolia, Seiji

2 Why did you leave WoW

beated up Arthas felt great :D but thats the end of my Warcraft Lore Story. They are just keep adding some stupid lore thing and now even Pandas???? :o thats too much I love pandas but c'mon after seeing Kung Fu Panda 1 and 2 I dont see them as an actual playable class it suppose to be a serious MMO where we kill lich kings, dragons etc etc. not cute pandas runnng around >.< ( maybe its just me bleh ) then comes Cataclysm got to lvl 82 and got sooo bored :( then quited. wasted money on the expansion though :(

well probably :D I loved StarWars since I was a kid !! :p yeaaa!!

Khaz'Goroth, Duskwood, and Cenarius, vanilla player. I only played the expansions to distract myself while waiting for this. Full Naxxramas lvl 60 clear, Rank 14 as well. WoW was good, but I'll be TOR's ***** now. Edited by Pinter

Wow is dead. They repeat the same **** over and over. Cataclysm and 4.3 is so dissapointing. And within 8 days of 4.3 we did the first bosses on DS HC.

Also the carrot for 5.0, a "#¤%#¤% panda. ***. And a monkclass. Jeez.

They could do so many cool things but are stuck because some of the best people have been on Titan, Diablo3, SC2 the last couple of years. Also, the Activision thing, didnt like it. They just try to get more and more money out of the loyal gamers.

WoW doesnt really need a new game to kill it.. they are doing that themselves.. rehashing old content and the new changes in cata took interest away from most as soon as it launched.

Cataclysm took interest away from MOST? Where is your data lol. Actually I had taken a hiatus during WotLK after ICC was conquered by our guild, and Cataclysm is what brought me back. It renewed interest in a lot of long-time players on break or away because they didn't have to do the SAME quests over and over since vanilla when leveling up alts.

1) Vergus, Damelin, Viksy and a host of others - Frostwolf

2) Many reasons I quit, mostly just tired of doing high end raid content over and over (was in a top 5 25 man raid guild )

3) If they do a good Job yes, If they screw this game up like most others in the MMO world I will find something else. And yes I ordered the CE, money isnt a issue.

1. Server and char name

Haven't played in a while so forgot the server name, Räcermongo is my char name though...

2 Why did you leave WoW

Greedy guild mates who quit when they didn't get more loot than pirates, also the game became a bit boring.

perm for the time being, hard to say what will happen in the future though

Btw.. im going dark side this time because i got tired of playing alliance in a horde favored game =)

Yeah man Area 52 is all horde but then again i played horde since game came out ah how i loved taking 5 months to get to 60 not