Grade 7 crafted ship items too expensive

Trispast

I just picked up the Grade 7 Space Ship item schematics on my cybertech. It looks like the mats cost for each item is somewhere around 1 million credits. As a cybertech I can't compete with the prices Cartel Coin buyers are able to produce these items. My proposal is that the 4 Molecular Stabalizer be removed from the materials list. That should reduce the expense to craft the item, and allow for the prices to be competetive. Edited by Trispast

this is the beginning of Pay2Win(hope not)

BW knows players dont like to grind, 700 fleet coms for 1 part is ridiculous, and the amount of mats at their prices makes the item unmarketable on GTN

so they put the same part in the Cartel Market for real cash, buying "gear"(ship parts) for real cash for us to be able to do something in game is P2W

because without that ship parts you cant do the missions

almost no one did space missions, now thing will be the same, nothing change

Edited by ErosGyne

I hope someone at bioware takes a look at their metrics and realizes that no one is crafting these items. What is the point of even offering the schematics? I just hope this doesn't end up going the same route as the Inhertance/Birthright tokens. Programer's time should not be wasted creating functionaly unobtainable content!!!

The ship upgrades in the Cartel Market is extremely disappointing.

Word. Whenever cartel market can produce items that somebody can craft, it is just plain stupid on Biowares part. They are intent on killing crafting.

it is intentionally that high to encourage people buying the stuff for real money.

This is very plausible explanation, however with a sideeffect of neutering crafting. Stupid.

It didn't take long for SWTOR to turn into pay-to-win.

Edited by Karkais

Prices are already way up from what they were yesterday, still not covering the materials but getting close. I really don't think the majority of these items are coming from the cartel market. Aren't they bound to your character for a couple for a couple days before you can list them on the gtn? Because the lowest prices I've seen were on patch day.

Prices are already way up from what they were yesterday, still not covering the materials but getting close. I really don't think the majority of these items are coming from the cartel market. Aren't they bound to your character for a couple for a couple days before you can list them on the gtn? Because the lowest prices I've seen were on patch day.

Yeah I couldn't help but notice this too. Something fishy is definately going on.

Yeah I couldn't help but notice this too. Something fishy is definately going on.

My guess is people had lots of fleet comms built up and were not spending them. So they just purchased the parts off the vendor and listed them for some quick credits. I think people are quick to blame the cartel market when it's too early to tell if it's going to be an issue or not.

Aren't they bound to your character for a couple for a couple days before you can list them on the gtn? Because the lowest prices I've seen were on patch day.

Most likely they are exactly same parts that are avaible to players, coming in standard Cartel Box. So while box itself is bound for duration, all items are BoE all the time.

I don't see why Bioware doesn't just sell credits, that is exaclty what the ship items on the cartel market has created, people buying credits with real money, yeah there is one extra step involved but I see no difference in the end

While I still hate that they put those parts in market, there is gigantic difference between this and selling credits from thin air. Those parts allow people to make money, true, but that is only true if other players have that money. This doesn't introduce any extra credits into economy, better yet it sucks out a little of them(GTN fee). If BW ever started selling credits directly, from thin air, then whole economy would colapse. While selling parts is very bad, it's not THAT bad.

this is the beginning of Pay2Win(hope not)

BW knows players dont like to grind, 700 fleet coms for 1 part is ridiculous, and the amount of mats at their prices makes the item unmarketable on GTN

so they put the same part in the Cartel Market for real cash, buying "gear"(ship parts) for real cash for us to be able to do something in game is P2W

because without that ship parts you cant do the missions

almost no one did space missions, now thing will be the same, nothing change

Errr not really... the Space missions are really just a mini game. There's nothing competitive about it, there's no ranking system... you don't see players post up World Firsts for completing the hardest space mission.

On my server prices are still in the 300k range, and many of the items listed can not be purchased for fleet coms, or they are bop when purchased with fleet coms. The items on the GTN have to be from the cartel packs.

The Dev Tracker has a new post dealing with this. Bioware is looking into the massive difference in prices!

Edited by Trispast

Early patch day I sold 5 of the ship parts I bought with the cartel coins I got for resubbing for 1.2 million each.

That night they had dropped to 300k.

I had planned on reverse engineering them all but, oh well .

Then just as I was getting ready to fork out 1.9 million for a 27 barrel , someone advertised on fleet that they could make it for free with mats.

Happy Patch Day :D

cost of mats are the same for the new droid gear. looks like it is the standard base material cost of crafting that tiers gear.

however you cant buy the droid gear from the cartel either. this is the issue plain and simple. that is buying the gear from the cartel cheaper than what crafted can be made and sold for.

some of the ship parts can be bought with daily coms. after looking all over the place i noticed there are several means to get these ship items. i just cant remember them all.

however after listening to a few friends on vent regarding the new missions i decided not to invest any coms in buying them. it appears with any lag, which some of us like myself still have, such missions are nothing more than a lesson in humility and frustration. the later i dont need from a game i play to relax and have fun.

The mat requirements are outrageous considering the same ship parts are sold on the Cartel Market. No one is going to pay over 1 million for something people are flipping on the GTN for much much less than that.

I wouldn't pay 1mil for a single item at all, even if it was the only way to get it, hence why i am avoiding the HK companion.

• 4 weeks later...
Well the commendation items all recieved a price reduction, but the crafted items material costs are still insanely high. I hope this is addressed soon.

I think you saw all the addressing they wanted to do, They want people to use real cash to pay and win, that is why this stuff is on the cartel market. No ther point to it than that. Wait til lwe start to see armor, mods, enhancements just one level behind bis on the market.

I think you saw all the addressing they wanted to do, They want people to use real cash to pay and win, that is why this stuff is on the cartel market. No ther point to it than that. Wait til lwe start to see armor, mods, enhancements just one level behind bis on the market.

Pay to win is mostly here already.

Combine players being able to craft BIS items and mods and sell for credits with allowing players to buy items with real money and sell in-game for credits and people can already use a credit card to purchase BIS gear through a two-step process.

The beauty of this is that it allows EA to say with a straight face that they aren't selling end game gear through the Cartel Market, while still being able to reap all the benefits of players doing so indirectly.

At this point they might as well drop the pretense and just sell full slotted end-game armor on the Cartel Market.

Edited by DawnAskham