Nadia and romance (breaking up is hard to do?)

Luminous_Being

Hey all I'm wondering if I accidentally put myself on an irreversible path with Nadia. I was careful to never choose flirt options with her but she told me "I like you, do you know that?" and my choices were:

1. I feel the same

2. Of course

3. This is inappropriate.

Choice three seemed harsh I was hoping 2 was neutral, but my consular said something to the effect of "I was wondering which of us would say it first." Gah, convo choice ambiguity! Clearly though I should have seen this coming when I picked that.

So my question is, am I stuck in a romance with her or will I have a future opportunity to say "Can't we be friends?"

Edited by Luminous_Being

Possible spoilers I would suppose

OK so I've gone along with everything, trying to pick the least romantic options and I have managed to end up at the Mission where my choices are:

1. Marry me

2. No more poems then?

3. No words are necessary

I know options 1 and 3 end up with me married to Nadia... is option 2 a way out? I don't want to marry her.

should have said it was inappropriate buddy. you're stuck for life. i understand if you wanted to have a 3 some with tharan cedrex and holiday which basically amounts to copious man-touching while watching holiday (who i like to refer to as "the internet girlfriend") hologram-stripping. but the time is passed and you are now a married man.

That is so incredibly irritating. All the talk about SGRAs involved making sure players didn't accidentally instigate something but I'm stuck marrying Nadia? I guess I just have to leave the mission permanently unfinished.

im pretty sure that you clicked on a [flirt] option somewhere.

It's cool that your story line can branch out in different ways based on conversation choices. Would be better if future conversation choices could resync you up with alternate branches from earlier conversations. In your case, for example, you could really use a nice stone cold "this isn't working out" option to kick you out of the romance fork. As it is now, it can be difficult to tell which conversation choices have little or no bearing from the ones that get you stuck down a particular path.

im pretty sure that you clicked on a [flirt] option somewhere.

I quite assuredly did not, but clearly should have picked "This is inappropriate" when I had the chance. Doing a bit of research I found a number of people who also stumbled into the romance or were confused as to whether or not they weer actually married after the final Nadia mission. In contrast I feel like my female Inquisitor was given the option to turn down marriage in the end.

You are aware that you can hit escape before the conversation ends if you find that your answer wasn't quite what you wanted, yes? Sometimes the lines that indicates what you'll say is a little off compared to what you're actually saying, no shame in redoing the conversation (of course at this point, it's a little late, but for the future). Unless of course you roleplay a shy person that not uncommonly blurts out things that just comes out not the way they imagined it would.. :-)

I quite assuredly did not, but clearly should have picked "This is inappropriate" when I had the chance. Doing a bit of research I found a number of people who also stumbled into the romance or were confused as to whether or not they weer actually married after the final Nadia mission. In contrast I feel like my female Inquisitor was given the option to turn down marriage in the end.

Throw me in the same boat as you, buddy. I made the same mistake it would seem. I made darn sure never to take a [Flirt] option (because I wanted a Master-Padawan relationship and nothing more) but I still wound up married.

On a related note -- does giving Nadia courting gifts imply/instigate a relationship? :p

I didn't really think about it at the time, but I shoved more than a few courting gifts down her throat for the nice affection bonus. If that's the case then I imagine that this is where I went wrong hehe. :o

On a related note -- does giving Nadia courting gifts imply/instigate a relationship? :p

I can confirm that it does not make a difference. I made certain to never give Nadia a Courting gift because I felt that was a little odd coming from a guy who wasn't going to romance her and I still ended up with her.

Romance Mission Spoiler Ahead:

In regard to that last mission with Nadia I chose "What no more poetry" because it seemed the least romantic thing to say. She replied that she meant every word she said before. Vague but does not sound like a marriage right? The next day I still got a letter from her with a gift in it which on my Sorcerer I only received after she married the space pirate.

I can confirm that it does not make a difference. I made certain to never give Nadia a Courting gift because I felt that was a little odd coming from a guy who wasn't going to romance her and I still ended up with her.

Romance Mission Spoiler Ahead:

In regard to that last mission with Nadia I chose "What no more poetry" because it seemed the least romantic thing to say. She replied that she meant every word she said before. Vague but does not sound like a marriage right? The next day I still got a letter from her with a gift in it which on my Sorcerer I only received after she married the space pirate.

Hmm, alright. Now I have no idea where I went wrong. There must have been a dialogue option somewhere that started up the relationship stuff. That's the only explanation that I can think of.

Edited by ItchyThePenguin

should have said it was inappropriate buddy. you're stuck for life. i understand if you wanted to have a 3 some with tharan cedrex and holiday which basically amounts to copious man-touching while watching holiday (who i like to refer to as "the internet girlfriend") hologram-stripping. but the time is passed and you are now a married man.

You are a funny guy, lol.