Why is my Outfits colors different ?.......

Sthria

As stated previously, my toon Thasme on Jedi Covenant has this issue with the Masterblade vest from the Foundry.

Char Selection Screen (Correct Red):

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag54/lpope1872013/SWTOR/Screenshot_2013-01-17_16_57_25_806639_zpsd0edfc90.jpg

Preview Window (Correct Red):

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag54/lpope1872013/SWTOR/Screenshot_2013-01-17_17_02_43_757825_zpsc846c45a.jpg

Conversations (Correct Red):

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag54/lpope1872013/SWTOR/Screenshot_2013-01-17_16_57_25_zps56cb2603.jpg

In Game (Pink = Blah):

http://i1298.photobucket.com/albums/ag54/lpope1872013/SWTOR/Screenshot_2013-01-17_17_02_15_916233_zps3aad64f4.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howdy!

I'm curious if the coloring for the outfit looks as expected when you are in a conversation. We are looking into this issue and any information can help us track down what is occurring. The details already provided have already given us some excellent leads and we hope to get this all sorted out quickly.

Thanks!

Not in game atm, but red light armor chest pieces turn brown when you put them on a rattataki in game. The preview screen shows them as red. Your pants, and boots will actually be red in game, but the chest will not. It's very annoying.

Howdy!

I'm curious if the coloring for the outfit looks as expected when you are in a conversation. We are looking into this issue and any information can help us track down what is occurring. The details already provided have already given us some excellent leads and we hope to get this all sorted out quickly.

Thanks!

Hey just to let you guys know, the investigator robe still doesn't show up red either. In the 1.6.2 parch notes it says it was fixed but it isn't.

my input.

Some of my belts and gloves do not color match. Not a big deal to me on most characters/companions- but useful info for the dev team maybe. I know for sure that the belt and gloves that I bought from the Chevin world event are those that don't conform-irregardless of whether equipped on companion or character. There are one or two others that don't conform also- but i can't remember what they are. I do have a ton of characters.

Recently, when in conversation with my companions- the unify colors and hide helmet doesn't always work. Sometimes it will, but most time it will not. Not sure how long this may have been an issue since the companion dialogues are a rarity when compared to what one does in the rest of the game. I can say for sure that it has been happening for the past week or so. Vette wears a color riot during those conversations instead of the sleek, sophisticated outfit she sports the rest of the time.

On my Smuggler's companion Risha (default appearance, no customization added), the Republic Dancer outfit looks white.

The icon for the outfit has it looking predominately red.

The preview of the outfit has it looking predominately red.

In conversation cut-scenes the outfit looks predominately red.

On other characters the outfit looks predominately red.

When she wears it......it is white.

It still looks nice, but definitely different than it appears everywhere else. Someone up-thread mentioned it may be happening on character models that have darker skin tones. Default Risha definitely would be included in that grouping. I have not tried it on her along with a customization, though that might be worth a test.

Thanks for looking into this.

Howdy!

Thanks!

While in a conversation the color of my outfit is the same color that appears on my Char Sheet.

Salmon Pink {bright Pink/Red}

I added a screenshot of my Smuggler to my main post and her Armor set has same issues, It only shows up lighter in game window.

Darker color seen in all other parts of the game, Char sheet, preview window, conversation screens.

Edited by Sthria
updated more info

Hey everyone,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We believe that we have found a potential resolution that should alleviate if not resolve many issues similar to the one brought up in this thread. This potential resolution will be put in an upcoming patch. We'll keep an eye on this thread when it goes live to see how effective we were and adjust our efforts accordingly.

Edited by JovethGonzalez

Hey everyone,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We believe that we have found a potential resolution that should alleviate if not resolve many issues similar to the one brought up in this thread. This potential resolution will be put in an upcoming patch. We'll keep an eye on this thread when it goes live to see how effective we were and adjust our efforts accordingly.

Nice. This has been a bug for as long as I can remember. Looking forward to the fix. I think it has been getting some face time with the dev debuggers due to, primarily, the Investigator's Robe issue as well as several other chest models.

Edited by SDTAXantos

Hey everyone,

Do you already know about this issue being present for the Aspiring Knight's set? The chestpiece, at least, is an entirely different color based on the character's skin tone. I got it for one of my characters because of the normally dark color, but it bleaches out when equipped to him.

Hey everyone,

Im real curious here Joveth. Do you guys actually have a QA department where there are people that play the game and check these things out? It sounds like you don't, and that could explain why so many errors happen with each patch/update. If you had a QA department then THEY would tell you if the "resolution" worked or not.

Hard to believe you wouldn't have a few people on the payroll to do these type of checks.

Hey everyone,

IF possible, could you please TEST the fix first, when you put 1.7 up on the PTS, before pushing it to live? Because, based on the track record of making changes, this is bound to cause a new bug, unintentionally change the coloration of other items, or just break something unrelated at all.

Also, please be aware that just pushing a change to force the items to be the color of their icons is going to cause another problem, just a large as the change to the spymaster and phantom armor did. Because this issue has been in the game since (before) launch. There are alot of players that picked a specific skin tone in order to get the gear that is affected to be one of the different colors (like picking skin tone #1 so they could have the black Aspiring Knight's vest), or they've used it for so long, they like the different color the item is on them. Just making the change (without any kind of public test) is just going to cause more problems that will then have to be fixed.

Edited by Flying-Brian

Howdy!

Thanks!

Short answer: No. They don't look as expected in cut scenes.

Longer answer: Some items don't seem to 'take' to matching colors in cut scenes. They retain their original colors or appear washed out or a different color all together. i.e. The 'Dark Initiates Robe' when paired with the 'Loungewear Bottoms' colors the bottoms black if 'Matched' in game, yet in cut scenes it's blood red. (This is true with any of the bikini bottoms paired with this robe.) It happens, in my experience with gloves, bracers, boots and helms most often. The chest and pants seem to take to a color rematch fine... the rest of the gear seems to use a different color pallet. (As in the colors don't seem to quite mesh in game. A black chest piece produces dark greys when matched, reds become pink etc.) In cut scenes some pieces just seem to revert to their base colors or just appear with totally wrong colors.

Hey everyone,

Thank you! I'm looking forward to it. :)

On my female Twi'lek (as well as her companion Vette) that's wearing the Fancy Reveler's Outfit from the Cartel packs, the outfit looks properly red with a little white in the preview window, character selection screen and conversations while in-game it looks almost completely white with a slight rose tint. I got the outfit because I liked the appearance from the preview as the red matched the red of her Skin nicely, but now it's rubbish as the whole white deal doesn't fit her Sithness and I wasted money on it.

Please fix the color appearance so it looks in the game just as it looks in the character creation, cutscenes and preview window!

While I agree on fixing it to match what one sees in the preview window. How does white outfit not make one Sith? o.O I thought my Sith's all white outfit, fit very well for her. :p I'd say the same for my other Sith, except the other pieces ith color matching always came out as grey :/ Ruined the look I was going for, so replaced it with my second pick, a hood down long robe :)

I didn't say that. "Your Sithness" is something some characters mockingly call the woman. I didn't mean it applies to all Sith, Imeant it applies to her specifically. :)

On a side note, the Jedi Conservator Robe always matches items to become green instead of a nice beige or brown from the robe, which causes almost no pants to properly fit at all (let's face it, the Conservator's outfit are items from various sets tossed together that don't fit together properly - if the robe only had a crotch flap like other Jedi robes it would alleviate the issue, but having it properly unify colors would be even nicer).

Edited by Glzmo

It's a bit funny, it has been reported since launch, both in forums and in game with bug reports, that the Slave Girl Top has this problem.

All the cloth parts (around the neck, on the sides of the bra, the loincloth) change of color depending on the skin tone of the character wearing it. It's supposed to be burgundy when it's white or close to when your character has dark skin. In the character sheet, preview window, during cutscenes it's normal color. It also applies that normal color to other armor pieces when using the Unify color option.

But well... everything is good, after a year, they found a fix !

For whatever reason, skin tones change colors. For example, My Shadow previews the Reveler's top. in the window it shows up red like it should. I actually put it on her (she has medium tan skin) yet it is not red at all. It doesn't even show up as a pale pink. The color is just gone. The darker the skin the more the actual color changes on some outfits, despite what the preview window shows.

Some of my characters can't wear the outfits I would like because their skin changes the coloring of the outfit. Why BW has not addressed this until now is a mystery to me. It almost makes me sad when I am in cutscenes and see the proper coloring.

Edited by Kilikaa

Not only is it the colour, but the appearance as well. Hate to be picky but why do some robes have to be cut into tank tops for female characters? It just looks stupid.

They could make the Aspiring Jedi Vest top like the males wear for females and the current one, because I know I don't want to lose the look my JK and Smuggler have now!