The 10 Rules of Marauders

xAraen

I give you a perfect 10/10 for your TEN. :)

That was some good stuffs.. and I particularly like the fact that the ten are actually 13.. which would be consistent with the theme about Marauders. :D

Yeah you see what i did there!? Good, but yeah i only planned 10 but i remembered the others i ranted in general chat about. :p

But marauders ARE the real tanks! Why else would they have Cloak of Pain, Obfuscate, Saber Ward, Force Camo, Undying Rage, Self-Healing (annihilation)...

Obviously, they're the GREATEST tanks in the game. Juggernaut has Saber Reflect? Pffft. Marauder blinds the muthaf**ka and watches em bleed to death while pointing and laughing! :D

Rule #12 of Marauders: Always use dual lightsaber throw to pull the mobs behind what you're currently fighting, it's always a good way to keep the fight exciting.

Unless you pull two or more mobs behind what you're fighting, you're not fit to wear the Marauder/Sentinel title.

One mob is amateur.

Hey now. I know good marauders! ...well, I know of good marauders. Ok, that's a lie. I know one good marauder. He is quite good.

Urban legend, all of it, IMO. :p

Now here's a thought...

Q: What do you get when you cross a Marauder with a Sentinel?

A: More of the same.....MUCH more. :D

Edited by Andryah

I must be the worst Marauder to ever play SWTOR. I'm a Watchmen Sentinel dressed in a mixture of Interstellar Privateers, Troublemaker and Columi Smuggler gear with an eye patch to boot. I never pull adds, interrupt anything I can, CC anything I can and avoid aoe effects on the ground like the plague.

I'm just going to go fall on my dual overloaded sabers now...

Edited by Lord_of_Mu

Me being a Marauder, I'm truly upset with all these statements. That being said, they are all 100% accurate and I do in fact do all of these things and have a Revan's mask on my toon. On a side note, please enjoy the tunes of FrankerZ's KappaLappa
BrainSlug FailFish ;D

I must be the worst Marauder to ever play SWTOR. I'm a Watchmen Sentinel dressed in a mixture of Interstellar Privateers, Troublemaker and Columi Smuggler gear with an eye patch to boot. I never pull adds, interrupt anything I can, CC anything I can and avoid aoe effects on the ground like the plague.

Shame on you! how you dare to be a decent dps that use common sense? blasphemous!

When he is done send his light sabers to my sentinel as well. At least his death would have some sort of twisted meaning after I commit my own suicide.

You forgot about demanding guard from that other 'tank' in the group. You will be taking a lot more damage by virtue of pulling the most aggro, so you need the guard.

Also, you want to make the threat race at least interesting.

Rules of a Marauder by Xeous/Araenos

Rule #1 of Marauders: Remember you're a tank, You always need to engage first.

Rule #2 of Marauders: If you're not wearing eradicator your not cool.

Rule #3 of Marauders: If you die its never your fault, Always blame the tank or healer for not doing their job.

Rule #4 of Marauders: If you can dodge an AOE you're not a marauder.

Rule #5 of Marauders: Always stand in AOE's as a marauder this will keep your healer on his toes.

Rule #6 of Marauders: As a Marauder it's very important to follow up with the CC'd targets they're always #1 priority.

Rule #7 of Marauders: As a Marauder filling your rage is most important spam your basic attacks only and keep your rage at 100%

Rule #8 of Marauders: When your tank is running fast through the flashpoint be sure to pull as much of the skipped trash mobs as you can. Don't want the tank to forget about you ;)

Rule #9 of Marauders: Remember as a Marauder you're instantly the leader of the group, Never listen to the tank or healers they're just ignorant.

Rule #10 of Marauders: You're the most important as long as you're in Eradicator or Revan's outfit, Remember to show of how cool you are with your outfit when jumping in first.

Rule #11 of Marauders: Remember as a marauder it's the healers job to keep you at 100% between fights, NEVER HEAL YOURSELF. (Thanks for suggestion by Monthigos)

Rule #12 of Marauders: Always use dual lightsaber throw to pull the mobs behind what you're currently fighting, it's always a good way to keep the fight exciting.

Rule #13 of Marauders: When the "tank" calls out specific targets alway attack the wrong one to steal agro from him. We all know Marauders are the real tanks.

Rule #14 of Marauders: When fighting a boss that cast tons of skills be sure to yell at everyone else to interupt but remember its never your job to interupt them. If he cast it be sure to blame the tank for being a n00b.

These rules were confirmed by the official EMC (Eradicated Marauder Council) but were written by a Tank/Healer. If you see me around Jedi Cov and you're a Marauder tell me thanks for the tips ;)

1- Depends on player, an agent also could do that. Its not about being a Marauder.

2- Eradicator is a suitable adaptive set for sith warriors, why its so weird to see it and bothers you that much?

3- It depends on situation. Tank's job is keeping aggro on him and healer's job is keeping the tank alive. If tank losing aggro on mob that he is also fighting on and if healer doesnt heal other party members while tank is at his full health, then thats their fault yes.

4- Being a melee dps seems easy for you i think. Ranged dps or healers never can understand such things.

5- Could happen to anyone, I know many healers or ranged dps died while on an aoe area. Should i post them here?

6- Depends on player again. Nothing to do with marauders.

7- Funny to see that you are complaining about dps of marauders. I think you watch their moves while fighting on a boss or something. Now I question if you do your job well too.

8- Depends on player. You can also do that.

9- I think you're being ignored by marauders so that you opened that thread to take revenge. Such things depend on players, like ninja problem.

10- Outfits are made to wear, not to hold on cargo bay. If your class is not suitable to wear such armors, dont be jealous please. Also, attacking before tank is about player, not class.

11- Im really curious that with what kind of people you play this game? Each class has their non-combat healing abilities. That problem may happen with all. Even a tank shouldnt wait for healer to regenerate himself while out of combat.

12- May happen accidentally. But that ability is one the greatest dps source for marauders. Great to use on crowd. Be thankful that we help you to kill enemies, otherwise tank or healer wouldnt be alive much longer, dont forget that.

13- You are speaking generally, not class specific. If we would watch you for a few hours, I'm sure we could find such mistakes on you too or other brilliant, prophet-like class players.

14- I call haters as noobs generally or that people who thinks they are great. Interrupting a cast of enemy is everyone's duty. If you are not waiting on a cd, even you should do that.

Its always same. When you get killed by a class or you see them more powerful than yours, you start a smear campaing. Its global ;)

1- Depends on player, an agent also could do that. Its not about being a Marauder.

2- Eradicator is a suitable adaptive set for sith warriors, why its so weird to see it and bothers you that much?

3- It depends on situation. Tank's job is keeping aggro on him and healer's job is keeping the tank alive. If tank losing aggro on mob that he is also fighting on and if healer doesnt heal other party members while tank is at his full health, then thats their fault yes.

4- Being a melee dps seems easy for you i think. Ranged dps or healers never can understand such things.

5- Could happen to anyone, I know many healers or ranged dps died while on an aoe area. Should i post them here?

7- Funny to see that you are complaining about dps of marauders. I think you watch their moves while fighting on a boss or something. Now I question if you do your job well too.

9- I think you're being ignored by marauders so that you opened that thread to take revenge. Such things depend on players, like ninja problem.

10- Outfits are made to wear, not to hold on cargo bay. If your class is not suitable to wear such armors, dont be jealous please. Also, attacking before tank is about player, not class.

11- Im really curious that with what kind of people you play this game? Each class has their non-combat healing abilities. That problem may happen with all. Even a tank shouldnt wait for healer to regenerate himself while out of combat.

12- May happen accidentally. But that ability is one the greatest dps source for marauders. Great to use on crowd. Be thankful that we help you to kill enemies, otherwise tank or healer wouldnt be alive much longer, dont forget that.

13- You are speaking generally, not class specific. If we would watch you for a few hours, I'm sure we could find such mistakes on you too or other brilliant, prophet-like class players.

14- I call haters as noobs generally or that people who thinks they are great. Interrupting a cast of enemy is everyone's duty. If you are not waiting on a cd, even you should do that.

Its always same. When you get killed by a class or you see them more powerful than yours, you start a smear campaing. Its global ;)

:confused:

there's nothing wrong with that. if that's your playstyle, nobody is going to criticize too much. you might want to think about rerolling as a bounty hunter or something though. it doesn't sound like marauder is really the right fit for you.

Must be a member of the official EMC.

You cant be funny, dont force it :(

@OP - I think you should leave wonderland. You've been there too much.

He was making a joke about how Marauders tend to tank as opposed to DPS, like they're supposed to. But we're all secretly guilty of doing this, because it's really fun, but it's still annoying to everyone else.