Kaon again? Exit area.

The cannon part is the most annoying. I rarely see any groups breaking up after that. Most groups (that actually break) seem to bleed there. I don't know why but there seems to be damage spikes there. There's a guy (not the one that goes green and explodes, that's very obvious) that knocks you back and you either suffer some ridiculous damage or not. I can't say what enemy is that or what kind of damage he does but it can be evil sometimes.

The cannon part is the most annoying. I rarely see any groups breaking up after that. Most groups (that actually break) seem to bleed there. I don't know why but there seems to be damage spikes there. There's a guy (not the one that goes green and explodes, that's very obvious) that knocks you back and you either suffer some ridiculous damage or not. I can't say what enemy is that or what kind of damage he does but it can be evil sometimes.

i actually haven't seen any groups break at that point but im pretty good on turret so if im not on my tank to start with i'll hop on an kick whoever is the tank from the turret spot. the turret helps a ton and i see it used wrong alot of time, ie shooting one mob and letting the rest beat the living daylight out of the heal/group. btw he is bloated something or rather and he does 8-10k aoe before u add in armor and shield stuff bout. a dps should lead them away from group but the main focus should be on screamers and mercs for their ablities

The key to Kaon is very simple:

Use your CCs. Prioritize mercs>screamers>bloated dudes that blow up. With that alone, a group in tionese can easily cruise through Kaon. As a tank, it is very frustrating when my dps'ers and healers cant seem to learn this basic tactic. Mercs like to force choke my healers, screamers enjoy blowing my dps'ers into other mobs, and no matter how many times a dps'er or healer has run Kaon, I think it is just the rule to stand right next to the bloated dudes as they blow up.

I get D7, over and over and over....Good news i can now do it in my sleep.

This mostly, for me.. as it's either D7 or in rare cases either Boarding Party/Foundry (usually the former) or if i'm really, really lucky, possibly Black Talon.

Kaon usually never pops, something i am very glad of since while it's a nice flashpoint it can be a real pain to finish in addition of taking waaaay too long if one's teammates are total airheads.

I hate tanking Kaon so much.

I like healing it alright but it's kind of tiresome.

The other day my new Marauder got Kaon, and I went in there the first time as a DPS. I did all the things that as a healer and PARTICULARLY as a tank I wish DPS would do - run out of bad things, kill dangerous things first, interrupt mercs, etc. It went great and I had a blast!

And then I realized why Kaons are usually so aggravating - it is the Tier 1 FP most dependent on DPS being aware for things to go well.

I think it'd be great if they upped the difficulty and stuck it in Tier 2. It is the only Tier 1 FP that anyone might specifically queue for with any regularity, which I'm sure adds to why a lot of us see it more often than any other. Why not isolate it in it's own little pool of people doing the Rakghoul Weekly. At least then you're guaranteed a decent group if they're already capable of doing LI.

People who quit a flashpoint after they see which one it is get added to my ignore list...

You queued for all of them, so live with the one you randomly get.

If you don't want one of them, either live with not getting the bh comms or live with the random luck of the draw.

You do realize you can que for specific FPs right?

You know that he doesn't get the BH Comms then?!

For me pe3rsonally it is no problem. I havn't seen bugs in kaon at all.

I do not play FPs if i do not feel lucky with every FP (and i have 9 lvl 50 char right now).

I see there is a lot of misinformation in this thread, so going to attempt to correct that. Here we go.

Mercenary's channel can be interrupted. I healed it in full Tionese/Recruit soon as I dinged 50 and then I healed HM LI. Gear is not the problem. The last 'boss' fight is actually 3 bosses, they are all bosses. The middle is not the only boss and the other two are not adds. Only one of the other two cannot be taunted.

Directive 7, Battle for Ilum and False Emperor are not solely level 50 content. You can do each before you're level 50. They are in the SM random Group Finder queue.

Edited by Eyesmindassassin

...no matter how many times a dps'er or healer has run Kaon, I think it is just the rule to stand right next to the bloated dudes as they blow up.

I resent this remark. If I'm not standing next to something, I can't kill it, and quite often, lag means that whether I run or not, I still get blown up.