Tryin to make all 8 classes opposite Advanced.

carcianite

I'm trying to create one of each class with each Advanced mirror class alternating with each faction. I already have a juggernaut so i'm doing sentinel for Jedi Knight. Right now im Trying to figure out which to do with Consular and Inquisitor. Please give me some advice on which to choose, im considering lore, animations and how it fits with story.

I'm trying to create one of each class with each Advanced mirror class alternating with each faction. I already have a juggernaut so i'm doing sentinel for Jedi Knight. Right now im Trying to figure out which to do with Consular and Inquisitor. Please give me some advice on which to choose, im considering lore, animations and how it fits with story.

Doing a similar thing here I have a 55 marauder and a 55 gaurdian. And now I'm doing an assassin currently level 32 and a sage currently at 21. I also have a 12 operative and a 14 gunslinger, and a 10 powertech and a 7 trooper( going to be commando).

Anyways how I picked was assassin and stealth killing people from behind is more sith like. Jedi doing this seems strange a sage fits way better being healing seems like a jedi thing. Sorcs healing always just seemed weird because I don't imagine sith I help others they rather crush their enemies. Why I picked gaurdian for jedi just seems like protecting people is their job where a marauders point is to destroy. Idk your pick though up to you.

Depends on what kind of role you want.

For example, sage heals seem to fit the role better, but sage dps looks stupid with the pebbles and stuff, force lightning on sorcerer is much cooler.

Operative dps stabbing ppl in the back also looks alot better imo than scoundrel, but heal-wise I don't really have a preference.

Edited by ParagonAX

shadow/sorcerer

gunslinger/operative

I would do the exact opposite :p

Sage --> for heals suits a Jedi

Assassin --> Darth Maul

Commando --> Assault Cannon, see TOR intro movies

PT --> more fitting animations for a BH than Merc

Scoundrel --> Scattergun beats a knife anytime. Plus being called "scoundrel"

Sniper --> cover system fits sniper better than a GS.

I recommend this:

Jedi Guardian and Sith Marauder. -

Jedi Guardian is more iconic than a Jedi that uses 2 sabers.And an aggressive fighting style with 2 sabers fits more a sith,than a jedi.Also Juggernaut armors and movement are too much robot like.Despite the fact that they tried to copy-paste a vision of Vader,you can't expect every sith to be a cyborg and half-robot.Its ridiculous.

Jedi Shadow and Sith Sorcerer. -

Sith Sorcerer makes more sense because of the story(i won't tell spoilers).While the Consular story still makes sense if you are not a guy that doesn't mostly rely on force abilities,but also uses the lightsaber.The Inquisitor's story is a story about a guy too powerful to use lightsaber at all.A Palpatine type.

Also Force lighting is far cooler than some rubble and little stones being thrown at you.

Operative and Gunslinger. -

Ideally an agent should have both Stealth and a Sniper,but since the game devides it into 2 different classes,its better to have stealth and be awesome(story wise) with silent kills with a knife than use a sniper ALL THE TIME.Being a sneaky guy expert at mele combat and bigger utility makes more sense for the agent.Imperial intelligence agent MUST have a stealth field generator.Running around with nothing but a sniper rifle fits more a guy that is part of the army,not a guy from an intelligence organization and a spy.

The smuggler should be a gunslinger because the scoundrel just doesn't make any sense.Punching giant droids and sith to death is ridiculous.Also the cool Scattergun is only used by 2 abilities=lame.

And also a sniper should be used long range(more than a thousand m) ,not the 35 m max,that is in the game.This range fits more the gunslinger.

Powertech and Commando. -

The bounty hunter should be a combination of a powertech and mercenary ,but since you must chose,its better to be a powertech,It makes more sense.You are a Mandalorian.Doesn't make sense to be a mandalorian and stay static and just launch rockets and missiles.A Mandalorian Warrior must be versatile and flexible,and expert at mele combat(retractable blade,rocket punch).Flamethrowers and Shoulder canon are also immensely awesome.It Makes you feel like Iron Man.Retractable Blade is also cool because of the Predator(from Alien vs Predator).

Both Commando and Vanguard make sense,but since it makes more sense the bounty hunter to be Powertech,i chose this combination.Also the guy that is static and stays in 1 place while shooting should be the Commando,not the mercenary.The gun the Commando uses is huge and heavy and it just make sense for you not to move much.And also the bread and butter for the vanguard- ion pulse ,is a lame ability to look at and listen to.

These are my 2 cents.

Edited by Kaedusz

I would recommend Sage/Assassin, Sniper/Scoundrel and Commando/Powertech.

I approve of this. These are the best combos imo.

I love my scoundrels shotgun and my snipers.. sniper.

Assassin feels so awesome to play, the animations of lightning for it are better than throwing rocks.

Commando with the big assault cannon is awesome.

Powertechs just look fun to play. The flamethrower spin! Come on!

Sage feels like the "Yoda" class so that's a no brainer for that one.

I would try to separate so you have at least one potential heal, one potential tank and one stealth on each faction.

Jugg, Sent

Assassin, Sage

Mercenary, Vanguard

Sniper, Scoundrel

Edited by Ridickilis

For example, sage heals seem to fit the role better, but sage dps looks stupid with the pebbles and stuff, force lightning on sorcerer is much cooler.

Balance sage, I agree. Telekinetics sage, I disagree completely. I have a 55 sage and a 45 sorcerer. I think that the TK sage effects are much cooler looking than the lightning sorcerer effects. Purple lightning gets pretty boring when all of the effects look pretty much the same (some sort of lightning pulse).

I agree that pebbles are pretty boring, but I don't use telekinetic throw (pebbles) very often with my TK build. It's mostly weaken mind, turbulence, disturbance, telekinetic wave, project. Those look awesome IMO (except for weaken mind...it doesn't have much of a visual effect).

What I did:

Assassin - main (tank)

PT (dps)

Jugg (dps)

Sniper

Sage (heals)

Merc (heals)

Scoundrel (heals)

Sentinel

I figured that since the Republic side was already flooded with mostly healers, I'd flood them with 3 more, to troll the imps at the same time

Shadow and Sorcerer.

A Jedi who ignores saber training, and fighting only with the Force feels wrong according to my vision of Jedi philosophy.

Some may say that healing feel better on a Jedi so they are choosing Sage, but I don't think so.

I think a Jedi would rather look for avoiding damage than fixing damage.

And so, choosing the healing path, while being a good choice for a Jedi, doesn't fit a battle Jedi, but rather a back-up Jedi. But we're supposed to be battle Jedi. Back-up Jedi are the one we never hear of, and spend most of the time at the Temple.

I think if the Jedi follows the code, he shouldn't be standing and healing, but rather risking his life to defend or eliminate threats.

So if I add "saber training" to "try to not rely too much on the force" and "may take the damage for others", I get Shadow.

When comparing to the opposite AC for the opposite class, the Sorcerer, we have a Sith who is so obsessed by the Force that he doesn't train his saber skills, isn't bother even a second from using the Force to harm people, and can be cowardly enough to let people die and suffer for him by making his personal meat shield lieve longer with dark rites and Sith alchemy. For me it makes perfectly sense.

As conclusion, even if Assassin may make sense, I think Sage do not. At the same time the Shadow/Sorcerer is a good combination even if Sorcerer is a choice made by default because of the Jedi... so Shadow/Sorcerer was obviously the only option avaliable to me.

Edited by Altheran

• 2 weeks later...
I recommend this:

Jedi Guardian and Sith Marauder. -

Jedi Guardian is more iconic than a Jedi that uses 2 sabers.And an aggressive fighting style with 2 sabers fits more a sith,than a jedi.Also Juggernaut armors and movement are too much robot like.Despite the fact that they tried to copy-paste a vision of Vader,you can't expect every sith to be a cyborg and half-robot.Its ridiculous.

Jedi Shadow and Sith Sorcerer. -

Sith Sorcerer makes more sense because of the story(i won't tell spoilers).While the Consular story still makes sense if you are not a guy that doesn't mostly rely on force abilities,but also uses the lightsaber.The Inquisitor's story is a story about a guy too powerful to use lightsaber at all.A Palpatine type.

Also Force lighting is far cooler than some rubble and little stones being thrown at you.

Operative and Gunslinger. -

Ideally an agent should have both Stealth and a Sniper,but since the game devides it into 2 different classes,its better to have stealth and be awesome(story wise) with silent kills with a knife than use a sniper ALL THE TIME.Being a sneaky guy expert at mele combat and bigger utility makes more sense for the agent.Imperial intelligence agent MUST have a stealth field generator.Running around with nothing but a sniper rifle fits more a guy that is part of the army,not a guy from an intelligence organization and a spy.

The smuggler should be a gunslinger because the scoundrel just doesn't make any sense.Punching giant droids and sith to death is ridiculous.Also the cool Scattergun is only used by 2 abilities=lame.

And also a sniper should be used long range(more than a thousand m) ,not the 35 m max,that is in the game.This range fits more the gunslinger.

Powertech and Commando. -

The bounty hunter should be a combination of a powertech and mercenary ,but since you must chose,its better to be a powertech,It makes more sense.You are a Mandalorian.Doesn't make sense to be a mandalorian and stay static and just launch rockets and missiles.A Mandalorian Warrior must be versatile and flexible,and expert at mele combat(retractable blade,rocket punch).Flamethrowers and Shoulder canon are also immensely awesome.It Makes you feel like Iron Man.Retractable Blade is also cool because of the Predator(from Alien vs Predator).

Both Commando and Vanguard make sense,but since it makes more sense the bounty hunter to be Powertech,i chose this combination.Also the guy that is static and stays in 1 place while shooting should be the Commando,not the mercenary.The gun the Commando uses is huge and heavy and it just make sense for you not to move much.And also the bread and butter for the vanguard- ion pulse ,is a lame ability to look at and listen to.

These are my 2 cents.

Almost have this same thing only one different is I have sage and assassin

Because (your points made sense too just never look at it that way before). I went full healer as sage and I could imagine a sith caring enough to heal people just destroy them. And I picture sith being the stealthy kill people behind there back I just think jedi would be more up front and noble about it

Shadow and Sorcerer.

A Jedi who ignores saber training, and fighting only with the Force feels wrong according to my vision of Jedi philosophy.

Some may say that healing feel better on a Jedi so they are choosing Sage, but I don't think so.

I think a Jedi would rather look for avoiding damage than fixing damage.

And so, choosing the healing path, while being a good choice for a Jedi, doesn't fit a battle Jedi, but rather a back-up Jedi. But we're supposed to be battle Jedi. Back-up Jedi are the one we never hear of, and spend most of the time at the Temple.

I think if the Jedi follows the code, he shouldn't be standing and healing, but rather risking his life to defend or eliminate threats.

So if I add "saber training" to "try to not rely too much on the force" and "may take the damage for others", I get Shadow.

When comparing to the opposite AC for the opposite class, the Sorcerer, we have a Sith who is so obsessed by the Force that he doesn't train his saber skills, isn't bother even a second from using the Force to harm people, and can be cowardly enough to let people die and suffer for him by making his personal meat shield lieve longer with dark rites and Sith alchemy. For me it makes perfectly sense.

As conclusion, even if Assassin may make sense, I think Sage do not. At the same time the Shadow/Sorcerer is a good combination even if Sorcerer is a choice made by default because of the Jedi... so Shadow/Sorcerer was obviously the only option avaliable to me.

I just don't picture the stealth and the hitting people from behind moves as very jedi like. And sage fits the story more as a healer because

You are constantly giving ups part of you to heal your fellow jedi's minds. Reminds me of healing and using noble sacrifice to give up a part of you to save them.

I just don't picture the stealth and the hitting people from behind moves as very jedi like. And sage fits the story more as a healer because

You are constantly giving ups part of you to heal your fellow jedi's minds. Reminds me of healing and using noble sacrifice to give up a part of you to save them.

I'm fine with stealth, because infiltrating the ennemy and spying can also be a part of a Jedi work in war times.

I used Tank spec so that I'm not a backstab murderer.

I'm fine with stealth, because infiltrating the ennemy and spying can also be a part of a Jedi work in war times.

I used Tank spec so that I'm not a backstab murderer.

Tank tree works. Middle tree just seems assassin though. And the stealth still just seems weird sure it's tactical to sneak and spy but its hard picturing jedi doing it sense they always seem so upfront and not the sneaking type. But if you're tank tree you don't really use stealth in combat anyways.

Commando/Powertech

- For all the reasons listed before plus PT animations just look so much more Bounty Hunterish than the merc ones IMO. And the Assault Cannon is just awesome.

Sage/Assassin

- Again for the reasons given for the previously plus force lift looks cooler than whirlwind IMO.

Gunslinger/Operative

- In my head the gunslinger just fits the Han Solo model far more than the Scoundrel does and likewise the stealth, etc of the operative fits in with Imperial Intelligence better to me than the Sniper.

The one weakness of this setup is that you will lack a tank on the Republic side if that is important to you. If you do want a tank on each side then I would flip the Sage/Assassin to Shadow/Sorcerer as Shadow tanks are pretty awesome and there is nowhere in the story it doesn't fit, plus the Sorc can do DPS with lightning for the cool animations.