Share Your Custom Loading Screens!

Hiya Community!

Let's see what everyone has come up with after getting tired of the same old loading screens? Especially RotHC, that one gets boring quick.

http://i36.servimg.com/u/f36/18/34/72/41/loadin10.jpg

Here is one of mine featuring my 2 main characters, Tenaden (in his armor with his sword, RP'd as Mandalorian set) & Qûor-ïq'Lepton, my Darth, & my 2 favorite Companions! Broonmark & Lord Scourge! (Both of which I have super geared to over 30k HP :D ) & also my best friend across SWTOR made a debut, Shaae! You can see her in the middle x)

Edited by DewyMossEmpire

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/972/4fno.jpg

Simple, yet creates more of an epic atmosphere in the game.

I feel this should have been the default loading screen. ;)

I've been using this one since game opening, and have no plans to ever change it. It is hard to improve upon perfection, after all. :D

Edited by CaptRavenous

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/972/4fno.jpg

Simple, yet creates more of an epic atmosphere in the game.

I feel this should have been the default loading screen. ;)

I've been using this one since game opening, and have no plans to ever change it. It is hard to improve upon perfection, after all. :D

Yes, I'd definitely want this for my loading screen, since I spend 5 minutes on it every time!

How do I go about changing it though? Do I have to override something in the client folder? Would that break the EULA or something?

Yes, I'd definitely want this for my loading screen, since I spend 5 minutes on it every time!

How do I go about changing it though? Do I have to override something in the client folder? Would that break the EULA or something?

It's rather simple, you just need to go through a jungle of folders in order to get to the right place. To change mine, the location reads thusly:

Computer > Local Disk © > Program Files (x86) > Electronic Arts > BioWare > Star Wars - The Old Republic > swtor > retailclient > LoadingScreens

There you will find a .dds file, & the picture that is currently your Loading Screen, which will be named "LoadingScreen". Delete, cut & paste, or move that picture to somewhere you'd like to save it if you so desire, & then place in your new pic. Mine is a 1920x1080 1.85 Mb JPEG. Best to use a large picture so the game can scale it to your resolution. Rename that pic to "LoadingScreen", & you're done! Enjoy seeing your custom work or favorite picture whenever the loading screen pops up for the game :D

Edited by DewyMossEmpire

It's rather simple, you just need to go through a jungle of folders in order to get to the right place. To change mine, the location reads thusly:

Computer > Local Disk (C:) > Program Files (x86) > Electronic Arts > BioWare > Star Wars - The Old Republic > swtor > retailclient > LoadingScreens

There you will find a .dds file, & the picture that is currently your Loading Screen, which will be named "LoadingScreen". Delete, cut & paste, or move that picture to somewhere you'd like to save it if you so desire, & then place in your new pic. Mine is a 1920x1080 1.85 Mb JPEG. Best to use a large picture so the game can scale it to your resolution. Rename that pic to "LoadingScreen", & you're done! Enjoy seeing your custom work or favorite picture whenever the loading screen pops up for the game :D

Thank you for this. As someone who doesn't like mucking with the guts of the games, this is definitely helpful.

I'm using an official one i found and fell in love with some time ago :D

http://images3.alphacoders.com/262/262845.jpg

Edit : gotta right click and select preview or show picture or whatever it is in english to see it correctly :eek:

Edited by dark-jehts

I'm using an official one i found and fell in love with some time ago :D

http://images3.alphacoders.com/262/262845.jpg

Edit : gotta right click and select preview or show picture or whatever it is in english to see it correctly :eek:

Nice, that's an awesome one x) & if you want to see it full, Right Click > Open Image In New Tab ^^

Changed it back to this, which I made last fall, in light of the new Stylish Dance emote we got yesterday.

http://i.imgur.com/tv0Of.jpg

Oh my god that is beautiful.

Quick question, is it possible to make the loading screen a transparent PNG? Becaue I notice at the edges of my screen that things are still moving around me and I can move as well while the loading screen is up. Sometimes the loaing screen doesn't show up for a short moment and I can see everything is already loaded.

Oh my god that is beautiful.

Quick question, is it possible to make the loading screen a transparent PNG? Becaue I notice at the edges of my screen that things are still moving around me and I can move as well while the loading screen is up. Sometimes the loaing screen doesn't show up for a short moment and I can see everything is already loaded.

My guess would be yes. When playing in Fullscreen, if you minimize the game & then bring it back up, there will be a short loading screen because everything has to re-render. Or sometimes if you travel through an elevator (especially on the fleet you can get those awkwardly long loading screens) or what have you, the loading screen pops up & you can hear your footsteps if you move around. So I'd say that if you wanted to make an invisible screen or maybe just get rid of the screen all together (not sure if that would break the game or not), sure you could move about. But you'd be watching the world come together & would most likely get stuck in a lot of places & there would probally be a lot of FPS choppiness.

As for the main loading screens when you fist load the game or a planet or what have you, that's separate from the rest & your character is locked in place & so forth.

Computer > Local Disk © > Program Files (x86) > Electronic Arts > BioWare > Star Wars - The Old Republic > swtor > retailclient > LoadingScreens

Thanks for this, as I hate the default image. I use this one now: http://wallpoper.com/images/00/44/14/88/star-wars-pulp-fiction_00441488.jpg

Danke!

I'll probably work on a custom loading screen (with my art) after I get back from Comic Con. For now, I'll just use a photo edit or something.