Force bubble way OP

heechJunzi

You are referring on two damn good knights, any class would have an issue against a coordinated attack from two such good players. But the point was about shutting down a sage, which means not letting him do his play. Actually against good teams nowadays with the exploit of bubble stun I am much easier and longer being stunned, I.e. "shut down", with my sentinel than with my sage.

of course you are. Same here mate:) With the bubbling I finally feel that I can make a difference in the team but having this set back to mezz or any other variant (which is logical because the spell as it is is broken) I am again left with the only choice (which I hate) - full heal. Anything else will be a liability for ranked because there are better DPS classes than sorcerer/

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are referring on two damn good knights, any class would have an issue against a coordinated attack from two such good players. But the point was about shutting down a sage, which means not letting him do his play. Actually against good teams nowadays with the exploit of bubble stun I am much easier and longer being stunned, I.e. "shut down", with my sentinel than with my sage.

Just what mechanics are sages exploiting with the bubble? Can I call lolsmash tards exploiters for their 6.5k retard button?

Just what mechanics are sages exploiting with the bubble? Can I call lolsmash tards exploiters for their 6.5k retard button?

It's not about sages having the bubble stun, I would even say that it's not even about non sages teammates have it either, although I would prefer/suggest that the stun duration on a teammate bubble stun is reducde to 1-2 secs. It's about the clicking debuffing pop. When I attack someone with a bubble stun I have no major issues popping it from a distance and then approach and dps him, the issue is with the other guy that passes by and click-debuff his bubble stun, and then with the second, and the third and the fourth in a row that all do the same thing.

Edited by MusicRider

of course you are. Same here mate:) With the bubbling I finally feel that I can make a difference in the team but having this set back to mezz or any other variant (which is logical because the spell as it is is broken) I am again left with the only choice (which I hate) - full heal. Anything else will be a liability for ranked because there are better DPS classes than sorcerer/

Agree.

Yes, lets hope they ignore the problems with specced static barrier even though it currently makes the game less fun for everyone when both sides abuse it because there's a chance that if they fix it they'll ignore the other myriad problems. And we'd rather have one ridiculously huge problem screwing over the game for everyone.

You know what, why not? And let's get them to put all stun abilities on 20 sec cds, off gcd, and make them aoe. That way everyone can enjoy the game the way it's meant to be played. And it will all be smash spec's fault, or maybe concealment ops, who knows?

OMG. How can smash specs even attempt to play victim?

TBH, the sheer amount of tears coming from knights/warriors in this thread is pretty amusing. The funniest part is they aren't mad because sorcs are killing them or are hard to kill, but that they get stunned when they try. Maybe I should join the legion of other threads QQing about getting smashed for 6k+ every 10 seconds or so. I could also jump on the Vanguard/Powertech assault/pyro train too. Who doesn't like going from full health to 30% or less in full WH, when they get their overly complicated rotation off? :rolleyes:

With that being said, I'm fine with them removing the clickable stun, even I think that's broken. However, how about they start nerfing some of the stupid levels of damage melee are doing. Personally I think it would be refreshing to see some QQ from melee about how their class sucks (outside of Ops/smugs that is) for a change.

Knowing Bioware, they'll make Sorc's/Sage's a free kill again, while buffing warriors/knights again, because they found out a few people still aren't playing them yet as their main.

In the end Bioware will do whatever they want. So all the QQ is pointless IMO. Let's just change the thread to unicorns and rainbows.

TBH, the sheer amount of tears coming from knights/warriors in this thread is pretty amusing. The funniest part is they aren't mad because sorcs are killing them or are hard to kill, but that they get stunned when they try. Maybe I should join the legion of other threads QQing about getting smashed for 6k+ every 10 seconds or so. I could also jump on the Vanguard/Powertech assault/pyro train too. Who doesn't like going from full health to 30% or less in full WH, when they get their overly complicated rotation off? :rolleyes:

With that being said, I'm fine with them removing the clickable stun, even I think that's broken. However, how about they start nerfing some of the stupid levels of damage melee are doing. Personally I think it would be refreshing to see some QQ from melee about how their class sucks (outside of Ops/smugs that is) for a change.

Knowing Bioware, they'll make Sorc's/Sage's a free kill again, while buffing warriors/knights again, because they found out a few people still aren't playing them yet as their main.

In the end Bioware will do whatever they want. So all the QQ is pointless IMO. Let's just change the thread to unicorns and rainbows.

stun bubbles effect everyone, not just sents/mars. no one is complaining about getting stunned from bubble when attacking a sage/sorc... people are complaining that EVERYONE on both sides in most WZs now have stun bubbles on them 90% of the entire match.

get it into your head, people are not complaining about wins or losses or 1v1 fights or that sages are the new OP class... its all about nonstop stuns in WZs because of that insane aoe autostun bubble that EVERYONE in the WZs has on them.

Know what- still seeing as even after months of everyone saying mara are too powerful, and them telling everyone else to l2p, and crying like little babies at the smallest nerf (like the marauders going 'undying wrath got a second removed from it, you happy we got the nerf hammer because of your whining?')- I'm glad we finally have something that ruins their day.

About time all those bad FOTM rerollers had a minor inconvenience in their day. Oh, boo hoo, you have to spend a few seconds out of control of your character before you continue to deal some of the best damage in the game while having the best defensives. Really, my heart goes out for the lot in life you hold.

It's too bad BW has already responded with 'oh yes master marauder sir, we'll fix this up in a jiffy!'- when they've spent months utterly ignoring every single sorc concern (and when they finally gave a buff it was one absolutely nobody was asking for).

You have a chance here BW- a chance to gain a bit of respect by not bending over backwards to every whim of the melee god-class. A chance to show you actually have one person who has looked at the sorc forums and put an effort into doing something about the problems with the class. Maybe, just maybe, if you make the class a threat again in RWZ without relying on a single ability- you might see some of the sorcs who left after 1.2 come back.

Or you could go knee jerk nerf heavy again and just hammer that bubble without a thought to what it'll do- ie, what everyone expects you to do.

get it into your head, people are not complaining about wins or losses or 1v1 fights or that sages are the new OP class... its all about nonstop stuns in WZs because of that insane aoe autostun bubble that EVERYONE in the WZs has on them.

Obviously, even with the OP stun bubbles sorcs still can't be lost to 1v1. Keep begging for a nerf to one of the weakest classes in a game.

Pretty awesome when FOTM classes are the ones whining about the weakest classes.

Obviously, even with the OP stun bubbles sorcs still can't be lost to 1v1. Keep begging for a nerf to one of the weakest classes in a game.

Pretty awesome when FOTM classes are the ones whining about the weakest classes.

i dont pvp with a sent or mar. as i said, who is talking about 1v1? no one will care if sage/sorcs get to keep their own personal stun bubble. the problem is the bubble gets put on everyone so you have 16 people all running around with stubbubbles and WZs are nothing but aoe stunzones.

i dont pvp with a sent or mar. as i said, who is talking about 1v1? no one will care if sage/sorcs get to keep their own personal stun bubble. the problem is the bubble gets put on everyone so you have 16 people all running around with stubbubbles and WZs are nothing but aoe stunzones.

Except, sorcs are team utility- if you take away that team utility, their usefulness dwindles or even vanishes in RWZ. Making the stun affect only them wouldn't just be a nerf to them now- it'd be a nerf to where they were before with the mez to everyone.

As you said- why are you talking 1v1?

stun bubbles effect everyone, not just sents/mars. no one is complaining about getting stunned from bubble when attacking a sage/sorc... people are complaining that EVERYONE on both sides in most WZs now have stun bubbles on them 90% of the entire match.

This

The stun bubble has turned WZ's into Stun Wars the Slow Republic. The sheer amount of stuns has gotten so out of control that everyone considers them the new normal for War Zones.

Nope:D. Stun bubble is exclusively a mara/jugg problem and I love the tears that are flowing. Every other class (maby except concealment ops) can break it outside of stun range, if they cant its a L2P issue. Maras and jugs deserve every troll-bubble they get:D.

This

The stun bubble has turned WZ's into Stun Wars the Slow Republic. The sheer amount of stuns has gotten so out of control that everyone considers them the new normal for War Zones.

As opposed to how it's been for 6 months- Sith Warriors: The Smash Republic? Oh no, wait, it's still that.

Considering a pair of marauders can chain root anyone til they're dead without ANY resolve being applied at all- why not whine about that? It's not like a sorc is going to kill you in a stun... or all their stuns.

Oh right- marauders whining about their own class- that would be priceless.

Nope:D. Stun bubble is exclusively a mara/jugg problem and I love the tears that are flowing. Every other class (maby except concealment ops) can break it outside of stun range, if they cant its a L2P issue. Maras and jugs deserve every troll-bubble they get:D.

This misses the point ever so delightfully.

EVERYONE in an ops team can be bubbled. EVERYONE can burst that bubble with a single click whenever they want to. And it's stupid and makes warzones almost unplayable.

This misses the point ever so delightfully.

EVERYONE in an ops team can be bubbled. EVERYONE can burst that bubble with a single click whenever they want to. And it's stupid and makes warzones almost unplayable.

Show me on the doll where the bad sorc touched your marauder.

Then your left with those sorcerors who can't find a spot in PvP group. To be honest being a DPS sorceror is tough even with flashbubble. Clever melee players know to keep 4 feet away and use ranged attacks and ranged DPS can just burst it down. If your melee and don't account for flashbubble in taking down a sorcerer your getting what comes to you.

Its the same for those complaining about focus force sweep up, keep your distance your protective procs to soak it or CC them them burn them down.

Yes, but bubble should not be the reason. It is sad. What is really broken is the class and other classes. You have a guy who can hit others for half of their HP and a guy who needs 6 people to work with if he is willing to be an asset to the team.

Yes, sorcerer, especially DPS sorcerer, needs good team to play with or a bad team to play against, in order to do good. I have been playing this game from the start and I still haven't seen a Sorcerer that you really wish to play with. Yeah, there are some good ones, but everything good Sorc does - good Warriors does it better.

My point is, they WILL look into bubble and, if I was the one having it, I wouldn't expect anything good. I think they should fix but give something in return even if that includes warriors nerf or giving us medium armor! :cool:

Warriors are complaining how it is not 'cool' to be stunned. I say, it is not cool to run and die, run and die. The worse is in Voidstar. It is a nightmare. The moment you jump down, 5 warriors leap to you at the same time. Maybe if they were charging one by one, 5 of them wouldn't have been stunned :D!

Show me on the doll where the bad sorc touched your marauder.

You know, there are more melee classes than just maras and sentinels, right? And since you can right-click to pop your bubble stun at will, it affects almost everyone equally. I can even sneak up on other sorcs while stealthed with the bubble and pop it. The short sightedness is strong with this one.

You know, there are more melee classes than just maras and sentinels, right? And since you can right-click to pop your bubble stun at will, it affects almost everyone equally. I can even sneak up on other sorcs while stealthed with the bubble and pop it. The short sightedness is strong with this one.

Plaing my pyro : I stun a sorc and he clicks the bubble to stun me ... now both stuns end at about the same time and there we are a pyro and a sorc with no bubble ... guess who walked away from that one and who didnt ... Bubble is fine.

Playing my combat sent/mara i run at pyro/vg/smash jugg with stun bubble he has an extra 3 second stun to unleash his burst on me without me being able to do anything on top of there other 2 stuns.. :rolleyes: working as intended. yes i could side step the bubble but and use my TWO barely ranged attacks that dont have the shortest of cooldowns but lets face it i've probably already got that used up on the sorc that placed the bubble on the first place... unless i myself have a stun bubble i am at a great disadvantage.. working as intended bioware..

FYI the best sorc/sage healers i know play full heal spec outside of rated wzs. The stunfest is such a major factor in these that they are generally made to play it but the very best healers from the class would play full heal by choice. get a good tank, kiting skills and nobody can outheal a full heal spec IMO.. instead of lazy bubble everyone to stun them so you dont need to heal.. I think it should be a caster only ability if im honest..

Edited by AngusFTW

Playing my combat sent/mara i run at pyro/vg/smash jugg with stun bubble he has an extra 3 second stun to unleash his burst on me without me being able to do anything on top of there other 2 stuns.. :rolleyes: working as intended. yes i could side step the bubble but and use my TWO barely ranged attacks that dont have the shortest of cooldowns but lets face it i've probably already got that used up on the sorc that placed the bubble on the first place... unless i myself have a stun bubble i am at a great disadvantage.. working as intended bioware..

FYI the best sorc/sage healers i know play full heal spec outside of rated wzs. The stunfest is such a major factor in these that they are generally made to play it but the very best healers from the class would play full heal by choice. get a good tank, kiting skills and nobody can outheal a full heal spec IMO.. instead of lazy bubble everyone to stun them so you dont need to heal.. I think it should be a caster only ability if im honest..

I agree, melee should win in a 2 vs.1

Oh and 31 corruption requires a tank to be playable in PvP. Are you saying Sorcs should only PvP when they have a tank? Is this Pe 1.4? I remember a whole lot of Mara/Sent players saying get a tank after 1.2. Maybe you should get a DPS buddy and one of you pop the bubble, while the other pops the Sorc/Sage.

And marauders chain rooting me while resolve ticks down and they kill me in 6 seconds while easily interrupting my heals with their insanely low interrupt CDs doesn't effect everyone?

It was short sighted for marauders to continually lash out on anyone asking for mara nerfs or other class buffs for six months while they dominated- but that didn't stop them.

Marauders were complete jerks and FOTM for half a year- and now they want the people they made fun of for months to feel sympathy for the first snag they've hit? Ya, that's going to happen.