Maruader/Sentinel Classes are still overpowered.

OldRepublicRevan

This invincible shield that these classes when their health gets below a certain % lasts way too long in pvp. I don't care that they have that ability but it lasts too long and it needs a nerf. It is bad enough they can also stealth in mid combat (which is also unfair) and have multiple stun moves. This class is over populating the pvp games and because so many people now play this class we don't see as many healers or tanks in pvp it is all just melee dps. It is ruining the team aspect of pvp when nearly 90% of the server population that pvps rolls a maruader type class. I have pvp'd every single day for the past week and been hard pressed to get lucky enough to end up on a team where it wasn't all dps melee chars.

As some said when the Shadow/Assassin nerf dropped, all the BW employees playing those classes obviously must have left the company.

Instead of nerfing, I'd like to see other melee dps classes improved to be on par. This is especially true for the Shadow/Assassin DPS trees.

"A mediocre tank and lackluster DPS a class does not make." - Yoda had a vision of the Old Republic recently

This invincible shield that these classes when their health gets below a certain % lasts way too long in pvp. I don't care that they have that ability but it lasts too long and it needs a nerf. It is bad enough they can also stealth in mid combat (which is also unfair) and have multiple stun moves. This class is over populating the pvp games and because so many people now play this class we don't see as many healers or tanks in pvp it is all just melee dps. It is ruining the team aspect of pvp when nearly 90% of the server population that pvps rolls a maruader type class. I have pvp'd every single day for the past week and been hard pressed to get lucky enough to end up on a team where it wasn't all dps melee chars.

Just reading what you typed tells me you are completely clueless on how this class works. So going along with that, you are probably a terrible PvPer bc you dont know what other classes are actually using against you.

My favorite: "have multiple stun moves" Dude, they have the least stuns and no knock backs.

Pro tip: Do not 1v1 them they will kill you every time. That is thier specialty.

It's not really that overpowered at least not more OP then a RET pally with Bubble in PVP. The problem however is that some of the other classes are a little lackluster at certain points. I'd still say that Sorcs are still one of the better classes for PVP since slows and nuking at range is so effective since someone at Bioware thought it was a good idea to just give classes 5 billions of slows, stuns and whatnot instead of making PVP highly skillbased where you maybe had 1 cc and had to really learn how to use it in the correct situation.

AS it is now you can just spam CC around like a baws. The resolve meter you say? Ye that is great until it goes down and everyone who have waited with their CC until your meter is not filled anymore starts CCing you again.

In essence SWTOR PVP is just a stun fest, and between the stunfest is where the more fun parts of SWTOR PVP is. WHy they felt the need to give classes 5 billions hard CC is above me TBH.

Fun gameplay!

Just reading what you typed tells me you are completely clueless on how this class works. So going along with that, you are probably a terrible PvPer bc you dont know what other classes are actually using against you.

My favorite: "have multiple stun moves" Dude, they have the least stuns and no knock backs.

Pro tip: Do not 1v1 them they will kill you every time. That is thier specialty.

And that is pretty much the problem. You do know that a Warrior can 1v1 any class in WoW right? If the player is really good. ToR has too much "you need 2 more ppl to lock down and kill this class" and that kind of gameplay works wonders in games like MOBAS for instance but in a game that has constant PVP it just becomes very frustrating very quickly.

IF yo n eed more then 1 player to lock down 1 class then there is something wrong with balance. Damage output is just not balanced at all in TOR.

It's another thng altogheter if you are up against 1 player that is simply just leagues more experienced then you and better at PVPing but when a class has so much utility and is on it's core so good that it can't be countered unles you have 2 ppl focusing down the target then there is somethign wrong. Add Force camo to the mix with Guided by the force and you have real issues in the balancing part because not only do you not have to 1v1 the class but you also have to let them not escape or they will regen their HP.

Buff other classes, but first rework whole PVP

ToR's classes was certainly made for PVE only and then they slapped PVP on as a last thing before release. You just have too many classes that "does the same thing but either better or worse" in ToR and it's just hard to balance a PVP game around that many sub classes and talent trees. They should have kept it more simple.

Edited by redsovereign

And that is pretty much the problem. You do know that a Warrior can 1v1 any class in WoW right? If the player is really good. ToR has too much "you need 2 more ppl to lock down and kill this class" and that kind of gameplay works wonders in games like MOBAS for instance but in a game that has constant PVP it just becomes very frustrating very quickly.

IF yo n eed more then 1 player to lock down 1 class then there is something wrong with balance. Damage output is just not balanced at all in TOR.

It's another thng altogheter if you are up against 1 player that is simply just leagues more experienced then you and better at PVPing but when a class has so much utility and is on it's core so good that it can't be countered unles you have 2 ppl focusing down the target then there is somethign wrong. Add Force camo to the mix with Guided by the force and you have real issues in the balancing part because not only do you not have to 1v1 the class but you also have to let them not escape or they will regen their HP.

Buff other classes, but first rework whole PVP

ToR's classes was certainly made for PVE only and then they slapped PVP on as a last thing before release. You just have too many classes that "does the same thing but either better or worse" in ToR and it's just hard to balance a PVP game around that many sub classes and talent trees. They should have kept it more simple.

If Sent/Mara are rock, then Agent is paper. If they catch a Sent out of stealth and stun them, they are going to die 90% of the time.

Sents are not invicible, just learn to play your class better.

The only thing wrong is the 99% shield lasting about half or more of the time a 1v1 takes place. I am a sniper, i also play a smuggler, n a few other classes, agents do well against marauders. Most classes seem to have a counter class. If your a good player you can overcome. This game is one of the most balanced games ive ever played.

The reason people complain so much is usually because they are the players that only pvp and thats all they do, if thats all i did, i wouldve quit this game along time ago, your only playing 25% of this game,.

If Sent/Mara are rock, then Agent is paper. If they catch a Sent out of stealth and stun them, they are going to die 90% of the time.

Agents have their fun stunlocking going. I agree with most that you say but since PVP is competitive you have to compare SWTORS PVP to other PVP MMORPG titles and if you compare them, yes SWTOR's PVP need serious work and rethinking

The only thing wrong is the 99% shield lasting about half or more of the time a 1v1 takes place. I am a sniper, i also play a smuggler, n a few other classes, agents do well against marauders. Most classes seem to have a counter class. If your a good player you can overcome. This game is one of the most balanced games ive ever played.

The reason people complain so much is usually because they are the players that only pvp and thats all they do, if thats all i did, i wouldve quit this game along time ago, your only playing 25% of this game,.

Mara/sents is PVP classes, they are not that good in PVE mate. Melee dps have always been a weak link in MMORPG and the whole strenght of MARA/Sents lies with PVP. They are just like how Assassins was in GW, pretty mediocre in PVE because they were meant for 1v1 DPS stacking situations in PVP

Also when you get to 50 PVP is pretty much the only thing you can do and when you have played through the game once it's far more fun to level through PVP/Space missions then doing the same sidequests over again. SWTORS problem is that there is not that you go through the same areas each playthrough but that there is too few sidequests.

If they wanted that ppl should do alting then they should have had skipped all VO ffor sidequests and made several sidequests hubs on each planets so you never had to do the same sidequest more then once if you wanted to.

VO for the class stories are awesome but for the sidequests it's pointless.

Edited by redsovereign

^^^Agreed

Sents/Marauders worst nightmares are agents and smugs that know how to play their class.

Mara/sents is PVP classes, they are not that good in PVE mate. Melee dps have always been a weak link in MMORPG and the whole strenght of MARA/Sents lies with PVP. They are just like how Assassins was in GW, pretty mediocre in PVE because they were meant for 1v1 DPS stacking situations in PVP

Also when you get to 50 PVP is pretty much the only thing you can do and when you have played through the game once it's far more fun to level through PVP/Space missions then doing the same sidequests over again. SWTORS problem is that there is not that you go through the same areas each playthrough but that there is too few sidequests.

If they wanted that ppl should do alting then they should have had skipped all VO ffor sidequests and made several sidequests hubs on each planets so you never had to do the same sidequest more then once if you wanted to.

VO for the class stories are awesome but for the sidequests it's pointless.

what game are you playing? Mar/Sent is one of top dps class in all dps parsers in operation bosses. and saying pvp is all u can do at 50 u must not raid or pve do u. master HM EC yet? thot not.

There are, at best, two classes that can reliably counter the Marauder/Sentinel: Snipers/Gunslingers are perfect for it with Leg Shot, knockback, stun, flash grenade etc., and the 23/1/17 hybrid Assassins/Shadows who have the damage and the survivability and the control to cope with them. If they play their class really, really well.

Concealment Operatives have nothing on Sentinels. Knockdown for 1.5s out of stealth, stun after that; Sentinel uses stun breaker and then wrecks the Operative's face in seconds.

Sents may be easier to play in PVP but horrible in PVE because of clueless posts like these. SWTOR is first and foremost a PVE game. If you want PVP, can I humbly suggest you unsub and try Terra?

Yep.

And to add to that, don't PvP 1v1 and then come complain about it on the forums. If you simply must do so, then do so in the PvP forum. This thread has no business in general forum.

actually....I only pvp all the time because I did everything else in the game months ago. pvp is the only thing that changes in the slightest, thanks to human opponents' unpredictability. I mean...I *could* level a 5th 50 and cut through the stale operations again...but...well...let's be honest, pvp may not be the selling point for this game, but it's far less monotonous than the pve.

LOL at these "I just got facerolled in PvP and am mad and came to the forums to demand swift action to make me better at my class through downgrades to my better competition and upgrades to my own class that I'm still learning how to play" posts.

Sentinels and Marauders drink your tears. They taste so, so good.

Thanks for the heads up OP. I was just going to head into PvP under the impression that some class was not OP and this just helped verify that some class has an advantage and I need to ask for the nerf to have fun. Instead of actually honing my skills, I will simply just whine about it with you.

Yep.

And to add to that, don't PvP 1v1 and then come complain about it on the forums. If you simply must do so, then do so in the PvP forum. This thread has no business in general forum.

That's a bit misleading. Whilst perfect 1 on 1 balance is difficult, some close to it has been achieved in MMORPGs, and ironcially it open goes hand in hand with PvE balance.

Their DPS is fine, however their point defense/surviablity (through their CDs) is way too high.

I'm sick of seeing this... "Their damage is fine it's their ability to survive that op'ed!" You do know if someones dead they're not doing damage right? So if we die before we get a kill or actually do some damage oh boom we're less effective then.