Neutal

Darqsilver

It is pretty frustrating to be honest. At the moment I have two characters who are both pretty much as neutral as can be morality-wise, for rp reasons, and they are unlikely to stray far away from it.

The biggest downside: no relics.

I'll admit I haven't done any extensive research on the matter, but sofar all I've seen, aside from the matrix shards relics pretty much all relics you come across have a morality requirement. Pre-50 atleast.

Edited by Arell

and the majority of morality requirement are light/dark level 1 which is EASY to get AND, since you can turn 'dark corruption' off you could easily get dark/light lvl 1 doing a few black talon/esseles runs JUST to access those items and then continue with your neutral choies in missions...

If you create a character that is balanced in their outlook, then the benefit of being neutral is you are choosing answers based on how you want to play your character and not in a manner to farm one more number (Light/Dark) for negligable advantage.

I wish there was a benefit. Recently, I found that my roleplay experience was affected, because the best weapons in-game have a Light or Dark requirement. My character, being somewhat neutral, had to make a few extra Light decisions that he otherwise would not have made, just to meet that Light 1 requirement.

The lack of neutral character support definitely takes a hit on a players roleplay experience. If Neutral gears were added, that would be great.

The only advantage to going neutral as of right now is that you will be able to use both types of "forbidden" gear. This is actually a good advantage as in my experience as it is more common to run a across a "forbidden to light 1 or higher" or "forbidden to dark 1 or higher" gear than something that actually requires Light 1 or Dark 1.

It is true that all of the "on use" effect relics require alignment, but there are relics you can get from collecting datacrons that you can equip as neutral.

Edited by Chaoix

• 1 year later...