Is there an actual reason for the 1 hour wait between selling an item & getting paid?

DarthSpYke

The reason is to slow down those that would sell credits and items for commercial gain and make it less desirable to do so. It sucks, I hate it, and I'm not sure if it even works, because the only way to stop account hackers/credit farmers is to not buy them and since that will probably never happen Bioware deincentivizes this behavior to at least control it. That said a "Real Money Auction House" might be nice too, but not many MMO's use this atm. Edited by csward

The reason is to slow down those that would sell credits and items for commercial gain and make it less desirable to do so. It sucks, I hate it, and I'm not sure if it even works, because the only way to stop account hackers/credit farmers is to not buy them and since that will probably never happen Bioware deincentivizes this behavior to at least control it. That said a "Real Money Auction House" might be nice too, but not many MMO's use this atm.

That makes sense, I appreciate your prompt and informative response.