BUG: Revan's Robes

Aelther

Of course we want to fix it. Somewhere along the line something happened that resulted in this mistake. Thanks to the efforts in this thread, we're able to pinpoint this as needing to be fixed.

What about Revan's Mask on Body Type 3 men clipping through hoods?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should title it a replica of Revan's gear. If anything, I don't want to see a whole bunch of Revan wannabes running around fleets. This gear should be earned through raids anyways.

As if wouldnt result in the same situation. In anycase i think that is the least of the concerns.

What on earth is this? Under known issues the companions ability to unify their colors, for their armor is not listed. Someone want to explain this? Sorry but I am not going to let this go. This is a every day issue, that sub players have to deal with every time they log in.

Looks like its been moved to the bottom as it was under the companions section after the last patch broke it but:

"Options and Preferences

The Unify Color option does not currently function correctly."

Maybe somebody already asked this, but what happens to the folks who actually like the robes as they appear now?

I fully recognize that some people want 100% fully authentic genuine KOTOR Revan robes. However, some of us got these robes because we thought they looked better than many of the alternatives. So are we now to end up with changed robes, which don't match what we originally purchased off the GTN for their looks?

Please Bioware, I ask you to consider this before you start tinkering with the existing mesh.

Best thing for them to do here is rename the current robe to something else. Fix what's titled "Revan's ____" same deal with whenever they decide to fix that patch that screwed up saber shades. Some people like the almost yellow-green we have now. So when they bring back that perfect pre-beta-patch green, perhaps they'll make a yellow-green for people that still liked that look. Course.....something is telling me to not get my hopes up that they'll note this.

Edited by JediMasterRevan

Best thing for them to do here is rename the current robe to something else. Fix what's titled "Revan's ____" same deal with whenever they decide to fix that patch that screwed up saber shades. Some people like the almost yellow-green we have now. So when they bring back that perfect pre-beta-patch green, perhaps they'll make a yellow-green for people that still liked that look. Course.....something is telling me to not get my hopes up that they'll note this.

Well we have a blue lightsaber crystal and a light-blue one, no reason why we can't have a (Dark) Green and a (Current) light-green one. So I support your idea. But anyway, let's not get too far away from the topic.

Edited by Aelther

Um, I just assumed that the leather straps were part of Revan's Belt, as they are attached to the belt.... Which as far as I know has not been released as an item....

Already covered that part...

Now before you start saying how it is part of the belt or something let's look further, In both KOTOR and SWTOR versions of Revan's suit the skirt is black with a single red stripe in the middle, however the cartel one has 2 gray stripes instead.

So even if the metal ring with straps was part of the belt, the robe would still be wrong, ALSO:

Its strange that they would make that mistake, the lower robe design with the ring is available to players in non-moddable versions as well, not like the arts not in the game.

And on top of that it's already in known issues so the ring with straps is 100% part of the Robe or "legs" and not part of any belt.

It's obvious someone simply put the wrong texture on the robe. That's it.

Edited by Aelther

Every time I see you post your sig showing your credits seems unreal. What in the world do you do that lands you as the richest person in SWTOR? :jawa_tongue:

He's probably not spending them at all. I would have more than 40 million if I wouldn't have wasted it on Cartel stuff and buying off rare pets and mounts when I lose the roll. Pretty easy if your main goal is to have as much credits as possible.

Edited by Aelther

Of course we want to fix it. Somewhere along the line something happened that resulted in this mistake. Thanks to the efforts in this thread, we're able to pinpoint this as needing to be fixed.

Please add the cap as well and fix the double hood. There is one hood up and another one down: IT MAKES NO SENSE!

You could also make a FULL set. Add gloves, belt, boots.

Thank you

Edited by JPLaro

You could also make a FULL set. Add gloves, belt, boots.

+1 to that! The models and textures are in the game anyway, so no need to invent anything, just rip it from the NPC and put in cartel shop. You get more $, we get full set. Everyone's happy, except for haters...

+1 to that! The models and textures are in the game anyway, so no need to invent anything, just rip it from the NPC and put in cartel shop. You get more $, we get full set. Everyone's happy, except for haters...

They might put those in the next cartel packs :/

It's worse than you think.

The lower robes? They didn't even have to try and rip them from an npc, they're in game as premium and prototype gear. All they had to do was make them custom and change the name. I think they must have fired all the people who actually played the game or they would have known this.

Actually, BW not playing SWTOR would explain quite a few things...

Actually, BW not playing SWTOR would explain quite a few things...

Well they said they have a separate team working on Cartel Market stuff. So I wouldn't be surprised if no one from that team actually looked at Revan NPC for more than 2 seconds, let alone worked on him or played KOTOR.

Just guessing here but I would bet the reason they didn't use the one with the ring is that it would look a bit ridiculous on a character that is actually running around. Think about it. The ring wouldn't actually behave like a metal ring it would behave like cloth, just like that part of every other set of robes behaves. It would look like a painted on ring pattern on the robe rather than it actually being a ring.

Just guessing here but I would bet the reason they didn't use the one with the ring is that it would look a bit ridiculous on a character that is actually running around. Think about it. The ring wouldn't actually behave like a metal ring it would behave like cloth, just like that part of every other set of robes behaves. It would look like a painted on ring pattern on the robe rather than it actually being a ring.

Oh so a painted ring is ok on an NPC, but not ok on a player?

Like I said it's not a Revan's robe and don't call it Revan's Robe then.

If you call it Revan's robe, then make it look exactly like on Revan.

Also it has been confirmed in the known issues so it clearly is wrong.

Also like some people have mentioned a repainted version of the robe with ring already exist in the game as non-moddable leg piece. So if they really decided that a painted metal ring makes no sense they would have gotten rid of that one too and / or created a robe model with an actual separate metal ring model.

Edited by Aelther

Well they said they have a separate team working on Cartel Market stuff. So I wouldn't be surprised if no one from that team actually looked at Revan NPC for more than 2 seconds, let alone worked on him or played KOTOR.

Eureka! That's probably it, I suspect the CM team is from Warhammer Online. Hickman probably brought his old crew.

Okay, new rule: if you do art/graphic design for SWTOR, you must play the game.

this brings lights of hopes to me at least. hope to see the entire original set from KOTOR remplacing the one we currently have....

Edited by YeIIow