PvP is pathetic. Deserters ruining the PvP badly

Missandei

Clearly you dont understand peoples psychology and motivations.

Allright Dr.Freud, i clearly don't understand peoples pshycology and motivations - You got me good!

- Now, let's go punish people who leaves a WZ for legit reasons along with those who quit because they simply dont find the match entertaining, surely that will keep the dollars rolling in.

I know this to be true, because my personal selfproclaimed internet psychiatrist told me so!

Maybe the answer is to create a Warzone Lite, for people who are completely stupid to run around and look at bright colours......

Well you could add NPC as enemies. They could do some of that scripted PvE combat stuff that does like 0.0000001 dps to the targets for some excitement.

If someone has to leave a warzone legitimately, then they will be accepting the 10 minute lock out as the price they have to pay to go answer the door or walk the dog or look busy in front of the boss at work or whatever it is they have to do, and whatever they're doing will shorten the time they're being affected by this debuff.

If someone isn't leaving a warzone legitimately, they'll be spending 10 minutes before they get another warzone pop doing absolutely nothing of value warzone wise.

Yes, we need some sort of incentive to get players to STOP quitting. All it does is set a precedent for the other players to quit and drastically reduces the chances of a turn around.

If someone has to leave a warzone legitimately, then they will be accepting the 10 minute lock out as the price they have to pay to go answer the door or walk the dog or look busy in front of the boss at work or whatever it is they have to do, and whatever they're doing will shorten the time they're being affected by this debuff.

If someone isn't leaving a warzone legitimately, they'll be spending 10 minutes before they get another warzone pop doing absolutely nothing of value warzone wise.

Yes, we need some sort of incentive to get players to STOP quitting. All it does is set a precedent for the other players to quit and drastically reduces the chances of a turn around.

I disagree, We need some sort of incentive to get players to KEEP playing, not stop quitting. They are quitting because they dont find it entertaining. Punishing ppl for not having fun will likely not result in them having more fun...

If i get "Alderaan" which i hate for the 4th time in a row, i better dam well not get punished for leaving! Instead give me the choice to not queue for that particular WZ. Etc.

If my kids strangely enough would wake up 3-4 times in 1 night and it would happen to time while im in WZ's each time, i better freaking not get a accumulative debuff for an hour or more, denying me the only content in game i PAY to play.

Why is your fun and dollars more valuable over mine?

Like i said, as soon as they fix the varity of reasons to leave a warzone -Then this will get my vote. Before that, it's not griefing - it's about trying to have fun for the money you pay each month.

I certainly agree to an extent. It has become so common now that every Warzone has quitters, and then the backfilled people quit. Which pretty much cripples the team, hell I've had people quit while solo defending a node.

I really like this screenshot -> http://www.screencast.com/t/pHxH8xNZ

As I think you should be penalized for leaving early, it shouldn't exceed a 15 minute deserter status. As many others stated, there are legitimate reasons to leave a Warzone. Some people have limited time to play and have things such as kids, etc that may require your leaving you computer for a short period and to pretty much ban them from Warzones for their entire game time would be stupid. Some people have real life matters that can affect their gaming session.

Also anther thing they could fix is the rewards & medals for people that back fill into a game. More times than I can count have I filled a spot in a loosing warzone only for it to end shortly and give you no comms, valor, etc. Usually wasting up to 15mins of your time waiting in que, loading in, loading out all for nothing...

Edited by SyphonSith

half an hour debuff...

stingy enough not to do it, but ok for those with legitimate reasons.

I've seen some peeps saying that they better leave than leech.

Leechers can and should be reported. There is also the kick vote available, which should also be used in this context, and the leecher should automaticly receives the debuff.

I'm tired of joining battles I had no part in it's failure, and then just waisting time there trying to turn it around.

The problem is the lack of any tiered queue. Getting thrown into a match with a bunch of people in recruit gear is the opposite of fun. You know you are going to get pounded, and who wants to waste 20 minutes of their life waiting for an inevitable outcome to play out?

If they stopped allowing pre-mades to queue against true pug groups and matched groups up based on valor or gear level, I could get behind a deserter debuff. But I don't expect people to sit through a match for 20 minutes when they know they have no chance of winning.

Wow this thread again.

It will be interesting to pick it apart again. 3 months ago it was concluded it was the baddies that whined about people leaving their team left and right. Are these requests for quitter punishment requested by the terribads again? Who knows? Find out on this threads episode of "Deserters".

Wow this thread again.

3 months ago it was concluded it was the baddies that whined about people leaving their team left and right.

No, it wasn't. Though I do feel an ovewhelming sense of tedium, as though I'd opened a thread whining about people playing pvp in groups.

Rather that it was a variety of types who quit out, but that they had in common their willingness to screw their teammates for their own perceived benefit. You can argue over whether there is any actual benefit, I'd say no.

What *was* pretty much agreed is that any sanction harsh enough to stop people quitting will only make them afk in a warzone, which would be worse. I suggested giving people who backfill a reward so that they have an incentive to stay and something extra for being dumped in half a warzone.

Personally, I wouldn't group with people who have no problem quitting.

I was always against deserters. I always despised leavers. I always thought they were fickle idiots.

But now, when coming up against four Smashers, all stunbubbled, I have a strong urge to just quit immediately. Why bother? Let them farm some other permastunned soul or let the warzone end quickly.

If I dont want to play with Columi geared people , I shouldnt be locked out for leaving an already lost warzone.

So give us a gear checker because the PvE'ers are the main reason brah

It's not just people in PvE gear. Recruit gear is laughable in warzones. If you go into a warzone and see several people in the group with 13k or 14k health, it's a lost cause before the match even starts. I'm hopeful that the new approach to gearing will help. The difference between the top and bottom gear right now is just too great. The problem is that you get a double whammy when you are undergeared. The better gear gives more stat boosts to main stat, power, etc., but the difference in expertise just magnifies everything by a lot.

I don't mind tiered gear. People need something to work towards. But if they aren't going to tier PvP queues so that lower geared people don't go into warzones against war hero groups, then the difference between gear tiers needs to be slight enough to keep matches somewhat competitive.