Another "will this run it" thread, yay!

Eldeos

Another one of these for the database, woohoo!

So, I'm thinking of buying this: http://www.dabs.com/products/fujitsu-ah532-intel-core-i3-3110m-4gb-500gb-nvidia-gt620m-1gb-15-6--hdmi-usb3-windows-8-laptop-8X8Y.html?catid=15020&src=2

I just need to know a few things (or know what you guys think) about the laptop...

Will it be able to run SWTOR in medium/high settings? If so, what would the average fps be (on estimate)?

Oh, and... will it also be able to run things such as ArmA 2: Combined Operations (DayZ, really) in medium/high settings also?

Thanks...!

Another one of these for the database, woohoo!

So, I'm thinking of buying this: http://www.dabs.com/products/fujitsu-ah532-intel-core-i3-3110m-4gb-500gb-nvidia-gt620m-1gb-15-6--hdmi-usb3-windows-8-laptop-8X8Y.html?catid=15020&src=2

I just need to know a few things (or know what you guys think) about the laptop...

Will it be able to run SWTOR in medium/high settings? If so, what would the average fps be (on estimate)?

Oh, and... will it also be able to run things such as ArmA 2: Combined Operations (DayZ, really) in medium/high settings also?

Thanks...!

The short answer is "yes".

If you want technical info, you'll have to wait for someone with an IT background.

You should be able to run it on at least medium settings. Try not to run a bunch of other crap in the background.

While that laptop's CPU is quite okay for something in that price range, the video card is severely lacking. It's really weak. As usual it's a dirty trick to label something like the GT620M as a great gaming video card.

For games like SWTOR which are more CPU-dependant it still might be enough to play on medium settings - but not more than "medium medium" settings, I guess.

For gaming ... get a desktop.

Most people who buy laptops don't actually need a laptop. A desktop will give you much better gaming performance for a much more reasonable price. They are more comfortable to use, as well (in general).

I agree, listen to this guy :) . But again, for those that travel a lot and are gamers, the need is there. So, I do recommend looking at laptops if you are a traveler, otherwise a desktop will suit your needs. I recommend sites such as Newegg, TigerDirect, and Cyberpowerpc for options on gaming desktops/notebooks. Considering what you linked was in euros I will go ahead and again, say that you might need to find a similiar company in your region.

Edited by DisturbedMalak