Dagobah

protaganistme

As we all know, Dagobah is a world where Luke finished his training. Dagobah should be a new world for all players 55-60. They all have a new storyline. For example Sith Inquisitor, they should be looking for a lost jedi artifact, that is very strong with the force. So that's mainly all, but we should add on to the Dagobah world.

As we all know, Dagobah is a world where Luke finished his training. Dagobah should be a new world for all players 55-60. They all have a new storyline. For example Sith Inquisitor, they should be looking for a lost jedi artifact, that is very strong with the force. So that's mainly all, but we should add on to the Dagobah world.

Lost Jedi artifact? Yoda doesn't arrive, and Luke doesn't train there, for a few thousand years yet.

Add to this the fact that Dagobah's obscurity and its being the last place one would expect to find a Jedi Master is exactly why Yoda went into exile there.

Don't get me wrong, Dagobah's cool, but I'd prefer another planet.

Lost Jedi artifact? Yoda doesn't arrive, and Luke doesn't train there, for a few thousand years yet.

Add to this the fact that Dagobah's obscurity and its being the last place one would expect to find a Jedi Master is exactly why Yoda went into exile there.

I agree, the game has us visiting enough planets that every game has done before, a new planet please.

Not to say that I'm with the OP (I'd be ok with any planet), but Dagobah being influenced by the Dark Side could be a reason for Imperial forces to investigate in search for strength (and the Republic could arrive to stop the Empire, by opposing it directly or by going against the natural evil present there).

Anyhow, I am pretty sure the developers and writers already have the next few story arcs planned and aren't really in need of advice on the matter, at least for the short period.

I agree, the game has us visiting enough planets that every game has done before, a new planet please.

Well, Makeb was new. Though if we could transform that "new" into "not yet seen", I would agree.

What you mean is that Dagobah is the planet where Luke dropped out of training half way through because being an irrational emokid runs in his family. Then he got pwned just like Yoda told him he would and he cried like a little B-word until daddy saved him.

Edited by Lachryphage

i think you forgot about the cave that luke goes into in episode 5 (starkiller and yoda went into the cave in the EU)

No idea when the cave is aligned to the Darkside of the force, doubtfull is was this far into the past though. Most darkside pockets either fade away or expand, very few stay static, and after 3700 years it would probably have encompassed the entire planet. It's much more likely that it was formed around about the same time as the Clone Wars (give or take 20 years), thus wouldn't be there for us yet.

No there is still no reason for anybody to go to Dagobah.

This might be the SWG fanboi in me speaking, but I'd rather see bioware add Dathomir as a planet.

Dark swamp and setting? Check

Very primitive and scary? Check

Evil forcewielding society The Nightsisters? CHeck

Rancors homeworld? Check

I'm sure the team can write-in some cool plotlines and find a way for us to save *another* planet.

This might be the SWG fanboi in me speaking, but I'd rather see bioware add Dathomir as a planet.

Rancors homeworld? Check

I'm sure the team can write-in some cool plotlines and find a way for us to save *another* planet.

Agrees 150%!!!!!

Drops mic & drools at the thought of riding a rancor

Rancors homeworld? Check

Assuming Nightsisters are this far back in time, then ok.

how about the darkside force nexus there tho, namely the cave? beeing obscured by this immense dark side power is why yoda went there

how about the darkside force nexus there tho, namely the cave? beeing obscured by this immense dark side power is why yoda went there

You didn't read my reply about the lifespan of a darkside nexus.

Basically unless they are sustained, they either diminish or expand, the darkside nexus in the cave obviously didn't expand, and it would survive 3700 years if it was collapsing, so it most be created much later.

SO STILL NO REASON TO VISIT DAGOBAH!

Honestly, I'd rather see us visiting worlds strong in the force that are more... interesting, than an empty swamp. What about worlds that had Sith/Jedi precense but don't anymore? Or a world that at different points in time had Jedi and Sith presence and could have secrets buried in time that have been uncovered? One candidate is Arkania. It's civilised, had a Sith library and a Jedi academy and currently is home to Adascorp -- a manufacting corporation that has been in operation at least since the Great Sith War. Lots of opportunities for a compelling story.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Okay guys, Dagobah is not infected with the Darkside yet, just check the lore, 700BBY a dark jedi was killed there by a Jedi (suspected to have been Yoda and before anyone argues Yoda is estimated to be 900 plus years old).

The location where this Dark Jedi died is the cause of the taint. It didn't exist previously at all.

There is no point to Dagobah as a planet, the only civilisation ever considered sentient and living on the planet were a republic survey team that went that around 22BBY and did leave for 30+ years. Eventually they left shortly before Lukes arrival making it once more a non sentient planet.

It holds no ties to the force in all of history aside from the taint present 700BBY onwards. Thats the reason Yoda went there, he knew the place, he knew about the cave and to a certain extent even hinted in the lore that he knew he needed to be on that particular planet to train someone who would need to use the cave e.g. Luke.

It wouldn't be feasible as an additional planet because it offers nothing and no outposts or bases could be made as anything like that would affect the lore of the planet.

Okay guys, Dagobah is not infected with the Darkside yet, just check the lore, 700BBY a dark jedi was killed there by a Jedi (suspected to have been Yoda and before anyone argues Yoda is estimated to be 900 plus years old).

The location where this Dark Jedi died is the cause of the taint. It didn't exist previously at all.

There is no point to Dagobah as a planet, the only civilisation ever considered sentient and living on the planet were a republic survey team that went that around 22BBY and did leave for 30+ years. Eventually they left shortly before Lukes arrival making it once more a non sentient planet.

It holds no ties to the force in all of history aside from the taint present 700BBY onwards. Thats the reason Yoda went there, he knew the place, he knew about the cave and to a certain extent even hinted in the lore that he knew he needed to be on that particular planet to train someone who would need to use the cave e.g. Luke.

It wouldn't be feasible as an additional planet because it offers nothing and no outposts or bases could be made as anything like that would affect the lore of the planet.

The last post in this thread is nearly 2 years old, why did you even dig this up? :confused: