Chiss NPCs speaking Huttese

ArmchairMagpie

I find this so irritating that I am almost forgetting to read the text. It boggles my mind.

I honestly think a few Chiss lines should have been on budget, really and no the initial in-character confusion "Huttese?" didn't help either. Maybe it makes sense for the bounty hunter NPC but for officers in Imperial service it doesn't. I'd rather have them speak Imperial standard or Chiss :(

Edited by ArmchairMagpie

I find this so irritating that I am almost forgetting to read the text. It boggles my mind.

I honestly think a few Chiss lines should have been on budget, really and no the initial in-character confusion "Huttese?" didn't help either. Maybe it makes sense for the bounty hunter NPC but for officers in Imperial service it doesn't. I'd rather have them speak Imperial standard or Chiss :(

Not many would understand Chiss, due to the Ascendancy's isolationist policy. It was probably hard enough to convince the Ascendency to lend them a few hundred Chiss to help Imperial causes. Most likely those sent out were expected to serve the Empire and keep the Ascendency at large secret and then die. I doubt many would have allowed their language to be known.