Sending Mail

McLarenCMcL

I notice a player can send credits along with the message they send to someone, can I send a message to another character (not companion) of MINE just for the sake of topping them up with some credits I sent aswell?

Also, am I supposed to type the persons username, character-name or what when sending a message to them?

Lastly, can I send items to another character (not companion) of mine?

Thanx

You can send mail with attached credits or items to any character in your own faction. You just type the name of the character in the to field. The recipient can be an alt of your own, or it can be another players character. You always use character names.

There are some rules that apply, however:

- You cannot send bound items, with one exception (Bind on Legacy), which I'll explain below.

- You can only send mail to people in the same faction as you - unless they're your own toons. You can send mail cross faction to your own alts. For example, if you want to send mail from your republic character to an imperial alt you've made, you can. But you couldn't send mail to another person on the opposing faction.

- There's a delivery delay when you're sending mail to other players. Something like half an hour to an hour (not sure exactly). But if you send mail between your own characters they arrive immediately.

- You cannot send commendations (though in some cases the things you buy with commendations are not bound on pickup, so you could send those).

Bind on legacy is a special case. A limited number of items, bought from the legacy vendors on Dromund Kaas or Coruscant, or from the Gree, Section X and Voss reputation vendors, have a special bind on legacy rule. Bind on Legacy gear can always be sent between your own alts, but it can never be sent to another player. It's often used to send item modifications between alts; you put the item mods in the legacy gear and mail it to your alt. It doesn't matter if the mod itself is bound, if it's put in legacy gear it can be mailed between your alts.