What’s New in Season Two

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be excited about it all if there would be any way for me to partake in season 2. I don't see it happening, because in 21 weeks of season 1, I managed to get into one solo ranked and zero group ranked matches. Even if 5 from my guild were queued for solo ranked, we didn't get a pop. Eventually I gave up trying. I saw one Rancor so far. Just wondering how the guy got enough pops. I have the strong feeling, it had to do with two groups queueing at the same time during off-peak. *coughcough*

Since I will not move to a PvP server, my main question is: Why do I post here at all? ;)

Hi! Allow me to impart clarification on this part of the blog :D

The reward will be given to the Top 3 of each Advanced Class of the entire Ranked population. NOT per server.

8 Advanced Classes per Faction * 2 Factions * Top 3 players * 2 Gamemodes (Ranked and Solo) = 96 rewarded players

Hope that helps make sense of the situation! :tran_cool:

That make sense and doesn't sound fair at all, unless you implement ranked warzone queues to be cross-server.

Otherwise it may be much easier to transfer to a RP or PVE server with lesser quality PVP and achieve more there because it's easier to win than playing on a top-notch PVP server where many more people may be on your level.

Then again, there are servers where warzones don't pop as often to consider.

So unless you implement a proper cross-server warzone solution and a ladder/league system where players are matched accordingly (among other things), the rewards should be per server.

Edited by Glzmo

The reward will be given to the Top 3 of each Advanced Class of the entire Ranked population. NOT per server.

8 Advanced Classes per Faction * 2 Factions * Top 3 players * 2 Gamemodes (Ranked and Solo) = 96 rewarded players

So basically you only get to see these rewards in screenshots because they'll all either be on PVP servers (because all the great players) or non-PVP servers (because a much larger skill gap and easier to beat up on people). Mhm, makes sense...

Please remove weekly rewards from ranked.

It will only incentivize players like myself, who have poor gear and, most likely, less-than-average PvP experience, to enter into the ranked and solo queue. While this might not have been a bad idea for 8v, in the current deathmatch settings, a single player without full expertise (or experience to compensate for that deficiency) melts. Simply put, without gating arenas (e.g., requiring full expertise, thereby allowing bolster to be removed), this is a bad idea. Certainly, it might make pops more frequent, but it definitely will not improve the quality of PvP play.

I don't get this...they need to do SOMETHING to incentivize Ranked play...how would you incentivize it? A daily/weekly mission is a great start imo. Even if players do it just for whatever reward it is, they will get the one thing they aren't getting now, experience! I'm 100% for Ranked missions...it's about time!

I don't get this...they need to do SOMETHING to incentivize Ranked play...how would you incentivize it? A daily/weekly mission is a great start imo. Even if players do it just for whatever reward it is, they will get the one thing they aren't getting now, experience! I'm 100% for Ranked missions...it's about time!

Agreed. Apart from cross-server queues--which don't appear to be coming, at least in the near term--this seems like the easiest and most logical way to get ranked queues popping faster. Hell, I might even try it once I get some decent pvp gear! :cool:

Even if new players queue for ranked, it isn't really an excuse for bringing your rating down. Theoretically, you'll have equal amounts of them on your team and against your team, so whether or not your rating increases is up to you.

• Dev Post
Can we get the new ratings for the 3 consolidated tiers coming in Season 2?

We are taking feedback from Season 1 into consideration on where we divide the tiers and still working out where the tiers will be. We don't have an announcement on this yet but will make one after Season 2 starts.

We are taking feedback from Season 1 into consideration on where we divide the tiers and still working out where the tiers will be. We don't have an announcement on this yet but will make one after Season 2 starts.

Fair enough. Thanks Alex.

I don't care about Season 2.

I only wanted to participate in Season 1 to get something I could remind myself of years later - because Season 1 was the FIRST season, not the second.

(And I couldn't because on my server, ranked was dead during the last days of Season 1 when I had finally gotten 1999 competence together - no pops. None at all. For solo listing.)

Everything after Season 1 doesn't matter to me. Season 2 won't have that unique feeling of "I) was in the First Season !" If you have an recurring event, make sure to participate in the very first installment of it, because that's something to remember.

Season 2, 3, 4, 5 and more doesn't matter to me, because people will ask me : "Where have you been at Season 1 ? And why didn't you participate in Season 1 ? Why is there such a huge hole in your biography ?"

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I don't care about Season 2.

I only wanted to participate in Season 1 to get something I could remind myself of years later - because Season 1 was the FIRST season, not the second.

(And I couldn't because on my server, ranked was dead during the last days of Season 1 when I had finally gotten 1999 competence together - no pops. None at all. For solo listing.)

Everything after Season 1 doesn't matter to me. Season 2 won't have that unique feeling of "I) was in the First Season !" If you have an recurring event, make sure to participate in the very first installment of it, because that's something to remember.

Season 2, 3, 4, 5 and more doesn't matter to me, because people will ask me : "And why didn't you participate in Season 1 ? Why is there such a huge hole in your biography ?"

I'm curious...why even bother to reply then? I promise you, none of us care that YOU are done or why you're done either...so why this long whiny post?

Good question. Perhaps that was my inner cynic responding.

But - why did you have to reply to such an unneccesary post, then ? And even quote it ?

"We are the Borg."

I told you why I asked...I was curious. I'm always curious. :)

Season 2, 3, 4, 5 and more doesn't matter to me, because people will ask me : "Where have you been at Season 1 ? And why didn't you participate in Season 1 ? Why is there such a huge hole in your biography ?"

Lol, who are these people that will ask this?

and the system will take the best rating from solo and group rating or is only a solo rating?

and do you think is correct a global ladder without the cross server?, I hope you readed our feedeback about this huge problem.

how a quest should push the player to join ranked? it will give me Cartel coin? XD

Can we hope about this cross server? i'm playing from a pve server and the ranked never start... so whai i suppose to do? i dont wanna leave my guild/friends, to play pvp on another server.

I Need an answer....all the comunity pvp need an answer about this problem, and the answer must be:" We are working on it, it will be implemented soon...very soon".

Subscriber from early access, in bioware i trust, dont betray me.

p.s.i know my english is so bad, and i hope the message is enough clear.

Edited by infedele

Alex, please do not release the literal ratings required to be placed in each tier. Only release the required percentiles (i.e. top 1%, 5%, and 15%), so people don't stop queuing once they hit a certain rating, and will have reason to go to the leaderboards to check their relative progress.

Alex, please do not release the literal ratings required to be placed in each tier. Only release the required percentiles (i.e. top 1%, 5%, and 15%), so people don't stop queuing once they hit a certain rating, and will have reason to go to the leaderboards to check their relative progress.

+1. In short, we want to keep the population at large queuing through out the season. Incentives structures that encourage this are good.

+1. In short, we want to keep the population at large queuing through out the season. Incentives structures that encourage this are good.

I stop queuing for that character and then do ranked on another character. What you say is true for those with only one character they do competitive PvP with, but that's becoming a minority these days.

I toon swap once I'm geared so why wouldn't I with rating?

• Dev Post

We are taking this into consideration. Not saying yes, not saying no, just saying you have been heard and we are discussing it. Cheers! :sul_grin:

So you basically cut out most of the PvE server, where doing ranked is impossible because no one do it.

Thanks.

You said it. I agree 100%. The who ranked thing is impossible on my server. I have let my toon set for hours and not one single pop. Really ticks me off I couldn't get ANY Season 1 rewards because of this.

I see your point and agree to a certain extent (I would still prefer the past methord, also because the "super reward" for the top 3 of each advanced class could be enough to make people check the leaderboards and try to reach the pinnacle).

If your idea were to be implemented, though, I would like to see, on the leaderboards, in which top percentage my characters are without having to do the math for myself, especially since more people could do the 10 preliminary Ranked Warzones and enter the ladder at any time, which I believe could be fault of this system (what if people with a lot of alts tried to do those 10 warzones trying to get a low rating just to increase the amount of characters on the ladder so that top 1% is a thousand characters instead of a hundred, giving more chance to their main to be up there?).

I also believe it would discourage people who are looking forward to one of the rewards and who wouldn't do warzones otherwise: sure, with the fixed rating they would stop doing warzones right after reaching the set goal but if such goal is not clear (if it is a percentage of a changing number) people who won't have the opportunity to play much or at all during the last period of the season may just give up before even starting.

One last note I've just thought of: right now you can't get access to the top percentage in which you fall into since the leaderboards rank based on current rating whereas the rewards were given out based on maximum rating earned (which means that this system would require either adding a "top rating earned ladder" or at least a way to tell in which top percentage you are, giving the rewards based on current rating or, third, not letting players know if they are eligible for the reward at all.