Getting ready for new players

Spoletta

Since we are about to receive an influx of new players on our server, I was thinking about creating a channel for them to ask for informations/advice.

This would require a group of veteran people to volunteer and join it, then advertising the channel on the /general chat of the low level planets.

Do you think this would be doable/useful?

I mean to create something simple, like going to the lowbie planets and tell in chat "Join New Players channel for any kind of question you may have! (To join type /join New Players)".

Then by having a sufficient number of veteran volunteers in there we can answer our new guests when they ask how to wear their pants. The future of the server is tied to them, we have to be the nice guys here :).

Ok i created the channel on rep side, type /cjoin newplayers to join.

For the message to send in the general chat i was thinking about something like this:

" Welcome new players! This server's community has created a channel where veteran players will answer any question you may have on the game, type /cjoin newplayers to join. Good gaming! (No guild recruiting on the channel please)"

Edited by Spoletta

I think I didn't understand it well, but I just want to point out that F2P people cannot post in forums.

I can't ? , thats funny because im posting right now, this isnt a paid account, but a old account, bought the game when it came out and was subbed for 2 months and that was that

But im posting just fine.

I thought this was a thread on how we should split up and gank people on lowbie planets. I am very disappointed.

I'm sure so called veterans would endorse this idea, but then again you'd make people quit before they even got started, this is how you would want to feed your ego ? , good riddance i don't play this pile of crap anymore, yes i do have 2 50's on pvp servers.