Seeker Droid is absolute WASTE OF TIME

TazzXmanXDL

Using the seeker droid is pointless. Even with using the so called buffs that supposedly enhance its operation it still is not worth what my dog left in the back yard after having an upset stomach. I will hand it to the creators, they did come up with a good idea but clearly that is where the though process stopped and it all turned to junk. This thing can't pin point the side of a barn let alone anything under the ground. Do yourself a favor, complete the missions for it for the XP but skip anything else related to it as it is absolutely worthless.:mad:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And when it finds anything, is it something useless, or something of actual use?

Loot of all kinds. I've mainly gotten modifications though. But I guess loot you can use to upgrade gear or gear you can put on GTN is "worthless" seeing as OP insists on it.

Edited by Pscyon

Using the seeker droid is pointless. Even with using the so called buffs that supposedly enhance its operation it still is not worth what my dog left in the back yard after having an upset stomach. I will hand it to the creators, they did come up with a good idea but clearly that is where the though process stopped and it all turned to junk. This thing can't pin point the side of a barn let alone anything under the ground. Do yourself a favor, complete the missions for it for the XP but skip anything else related to it as it is absolutely worthless.:mad:

I completely disagree. I've had no trouble finding anything in any mission.

The key to completing them is actually...reading what the quest says.

If you go blindly looking for the right spot to dig, you will of course have a very hard time finding what you're looking for.

BUT

the quest every single time gives you a clue what you should be looking for. For example it might say that what you are looking for is in a specific area (which is highlighted on your map) AND close to/below an X item (which is not highlighted on your map).

So, for instance, in one of the GSI quests on Alderaan it shows you the area you should search in AND tells you that the item you're looking for is below some polluted plants. If you dig right on top of those plants, you will 100% find the item you are looking for.

Another example, on Tatooine in the GSI quest that's near the spaceport, it says you should look for some "overhead sensors" and that the items you're looking for are below them. The area you're looking in is rather small, but the sensors can be a bit hard to spot. So you can use your macrobinoculars to help you spot them and then dig in the area below those sensors.

The only bad thing about these quests is that they take too long because they are scattered throughout each of the planets you have to visit, but no one said you should do them ALL every single time. After all, there is a cap to both the classic comms you can get in a week and the GSI reputation. So you can pick the 10 you need for your weekly and you're done for the week.

tl;dr:

It's not hard if you know HOW to look, not only where.

Edited by TheNahash

tl;dr:

100% this. The makeb dailies are super easy once you know what the spawns look like. And as far as finding the treasure hunting areas to dig up mods:

Use your macrobinoculars and look at the sky

An innovative gameplay mechanic that's a fun diversion imo.

I completely disagree. I've had no trouble finding anything in any mission.

The key to completing them is actually...reading what the quest says.

If you go blindly looking for the right spot to dig, you will of course have a very hard time finding what you're looking for.

BUT

the quest every single time gives you a clue what you should be looking for. For example it might say that what you are looking for is in a specific area (which is highlighted on your map) AND close to/below an X item (which is not highlighted on your map).

So, for instance, in one of the GSI quests on Alderaan it shows you the area you should search in AND tells you that the item you're looking for is below some polluted plants. If you dig right on top of those plants, you will 100% find the item you are looking for.

Another example, on Tatooine in the GSI quest that's near the spaceport, it says you should look for some "overhead sensors" and that the items you're looking for are below them. The area you're looking in is rather small, but the sensors can be a bit hard to spot. So you can use your macrobinoculars to help you spot them and then dig in the area below those sensors.

The only bad thing about these quests is that they take too long because they are scattered throughout each of the planets you have to visit, but no one said you should do them ALL every single time. After all, there is a cap to both the classic comms you can get in a week and the GSI reputation. So you can pick the 10 you need for your weekly and you're done for the week.

tl;dr:

Incorrect. In the main questline there are NO clues. Ex: "Use your seeker droid to collect the seeds from Alderaan, Balmorra, and Voss."

It doesn't say to look under trees, sensors, etc. I've been there for 3 days now and spent 9 hours scanning near and around the indicated area.

Incorrect. In the main questline there are NO clues. Ex: "Use your seeker droid to collect the seeds from Alderaan, Balmorra, and Voss."

It doesn't say to look under trees, sensors, etc. I've been there for 3 days now and spent 9 hours scanning near and around the indicated area.

I figured the "dread plants" or whatever we should call them are pretty good clues. Granted they're not a 100% drop rate like the sensors, bark and whatnot in the dailies but if you plop down the seeker droid near those dread... things... and follow the indicator, you should find them in not too long. 9 hours? I find that hard to believe.

TheNahash is referring to things like the dailies, which do in fact have specific markers. As for the dread seeds,they aren't particularly difficult. The post-scan directional indicator has a range of 30m, so its not actually all that difficult to narrow down where they are.

I figured the "dread plants" or whatever we should call them are pretty good clues. Granted they're not a 100% drop rate like the sensors, bark and whatnot in the dailies but if you plop down the seeker droid near those dread... things... and follow the indicator, you should find them in not too long. 9 hours? I find that hard to believe.

Yeah, 15 mins was the max i spent anywhere

(and that was Corellia where I had to dodge the Rancor as I scanned)

main chain is a bit of a pain without a guide. almost feels like half the tatooine lights up as possible area.

so.

many.

grays.

didn't try dailies yet, I suppose they make the main chain easier or something? I found my first seed by accident, and now I have a feeling that I missed a few areas where I could have looked futilely... for seeds at least.

its definitely a time sink.

I have nothing really to add other than what everyone else has said. Once you figure out how everything works, the seeker stuff is actually quite easy, including the dread seed stuff. The mods you dig up from treasure areas are green (66) and are useful for gearing up companions. Some of the seeker Makeb dailies are faster to complete than the combat based dailies. The GSI dailies on various planets are more time consuming but a waste of time? I guess that depends on what kind of gameplay you find enjoyable.

These seeker droid missions (the main chain) are absolutely horrid. I've spend over 20 minutes in the same crappy spot on Tatooine and can't find the stupid seed.

I know how to use the thing. I use the buffs. I go the right direction and a short distance based on what it tells me. All I get are grays and mods.

It's making me want to quit the game. How *********** stupid is this game mechanic?

These seeker droid missions (the main chain) are absolutely horrid. I've spend over 20 minutes in the same crappy spot on Tatooine and can't find the stupid seed.

I know how to use the thing. I use the buffs. I go the right direction and a short distance based on what it tells me. All I get are grays and mods.

It's making me want to quit the game. How *********** stupid is this game mechanic?

Oh god are you quitting again?

If you hate it so much, don't do it. I actually quite enjoy it. It's good to have some other things to do than just killing stuff all the time. So I think these and the macrobinoculars quests are a great addition to the game. And entirely optional.

And I could tell you all about how silly it is to want to quit the game over something that is entirely optional, but then it's you DarthTHC....guess you found something new to ***** about and quit over....again.

it tells you right where to look the dread seed areas are not that big lol. just follow the suggested direction, takes no longer then a couple minutes to find the dread seed

found all the seeds in a couple hours and that was mostly travel time to the different planets, chasing down that guy is a very fun reward too

I've not spent more than five minutes searching for any specific seed without using any scanner enhancements. It's not at all hard if you know what you are doing. Searching for an ultra rare item at random dig sites is more time consuming but I've looted a vehicle part, 5-6 orange-blue items and 30 mods from a half our stint at one site so can't complain really.

This seems to boil down to knowing what you are doing, if you pay attention to the quests and read the instructions etc. it is easy. If not, then it is hard. The actual game mechanic is well thought of and very fun, a much more interesting mini-game than pazaak or sabaac.

*** Whipish *** RUN MY LITTLE HAMSTERS RUN ***Whipish*

It's great content if you like doing it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over....... well you get the point

It's archaeology from WoW all over again.

I HATED archaeology.

That being said, it is, indeed, entirely optional. If you don't like how it works (and I don't), just ignore it (which I have). I personally find it to be aggravating in the extreme. I hate every minute of it. The people saying "just follow the directions" don't seem to understand that many times the directions are vague, and often the area listed is quite large. Looking for landmarks doesn't always work, as some of those are also hard to pick out. Using the macrobinoculars doesn't help either. I tried it. Every time I've tried that, the area highlighted is in the middle of a mountain, on top of a tree, or inside a hovertank. The entire mechanic is bugged, broken, useless, and extremely frustrating. I would rather set my hair on fire than do these missions.

So, quite simply, I don't. I'm not the only person playing this game, and some people like this stuff. They enjoy the mechanic, they don't have the same issues with it that I do, and they do the quests without any problems. I say, more power to 'em. Anyone who actually enjoys the seeker droid and the related quests, go for it. Have fun. Anyone who doesn't necessarily enjoy it, but has no issues with the mechanic, great. Have at it. Me, I hate it with a passion and will never use it again. I have that option. A lot of the people I see complaining about the seeker seem to do so as if it was somehow REQUIRED to play or advance the game. It is not. It is OPTIONAL. I am choosing the option not to use it. Understanding the difference marks the line between a complaint post with some degree of merit, and a blatant whine for the sake of whining. I am complaining. I am not whining. That is because I can simply ignore the whole thing and go do something else.

Just my 2 credits. Your mileage may vary, of course.

Have a nice day.

Seeker and Macrobinocular quests are some of the best quest's they released.

They seeker droid is like that addicting claw maching that keeps dropping the prize back into the pit. You end up spending $100 dollars for a 25 cent stuffed animal, but it's still fun. The green and gray drops have netted me over 200,000 credits in a day.

Macrbinocular is one of the most fun and entertaining quests I've done. I really hope more quests are like this arc.

I hope they continue to add seeker/binocular quests and missions in future content.

/thumbs up