WarZones are srs bidniss

OmegaLantern

People are taking WarZones and PvP WAAAYYYYY too seriously. I can understand that we all want to win every single game, but it doesn't work like that, especially when you're in a PUG.

For example, last night, had a WarZone wherein I and another assassin stealthed over to the enemy node and attempted to cap it. Didn't work the first time, and midway through the second attempt, decided that there were too many snipers set up with their stealth detection at full stacks, so we were on our way to abandon that and head back to mid. One teammate in particular(named after an unpopular hairstyle and a creepy profession) completely flipped out. "OMG you stupid a-holes!" he would yell. "Stop screwing around at their node! you're the reason we're losing!" He literally ranted for half the match, stopping each time so he could type out his displeasure at the fact that we tried to ninja cap the enemy node.

These types of people are frankly, too rampant on the servers. I'm not asking that it be like Hello Kitty or Sugar and Gumdrop Island, but it worries your team mates when you lose your mind and get so wound up that you nearly give yourself a stroke. It's a game, relax. I can understand how you would be frustrated when throughout the entire match, you have a teammate who won't stop doing stupid crap, such as a marauder, who kept following the assassins to enemy nodes, and wouldn't stop, despite being asked to cut it out numerous times. Thus, this marauder alerted the entire enemy team to his stealthed teammates.

I can also understand the viewpoint of "Why play if not to win?" Like everyone else, I like to get my weeklies done, so winning is a good thing. But flipping out because the enemy team got slightly ahead of you or that you are losing is beyond reason. IT. IS. A. GAME. It's not a life or death situation, though if you keep freaking out, you may very well burst a blood vessel or choke on your cooler ranch doritos as you are playing. You're not always going to win. Period.

TL;DR - This is a game, no need to flip your crap in warzones when any tiny little thing doesn't go your way.

Some people are able to type quickly, and saying that you are worried about people having a stroke is kind of dumb. Are you worried that people are running around shooting lightning from their hands? Or smashing the ground near small groups of other people to AOE burst them down? It's a game. Edited by abhaxus

No we don't all NEED to win every single game. Most of us would be happy with an even game. I don't enjoy being on a team that's getting thrash because 6 out of 8 players can't press buttons and I certainly don't enjoy being on the winning side of that equation either. The first is frustrating, the later is incredibly boring.

you know what annoys me.......OPs that use TL;DR in their post. That is a comment for readers not wrters. The word your looking for is "summary." Were you trying to say your own post was too long for you to read yourself?

When you have people doing stupid **** like AFK'ing while node guarding saying they needed a drink, running the wrong way over and over in huttball with the ball, and never using chat to say "inc" or reading chat to helkp defend the nodes, they do deserve it "sometimes"

as quite fresh 55 (maxed at friday) i dont even try to participate in warzones.

my only chance to earn some recoms is to run to point, cap it and then hide somewhere and read a book.

anything that involves fighing is stupid as every1 just outgears me by kilometers.

never saw such gap between pvp and non-pvp gear. bolster is laughable mechanic

Edited by ondrejhoura

as quite fresh 55 (maxed at friday) i dont even try to participate in warzones.

My only chance to earn some recoms is to run to point, cap it and then hide somewhere and read a book.

Anything that involves fighing is stupid as every1 just outgears me by kilometers.

Never saw such gap between pvp and non-pvp gear. Bolster is laughable mechanic

1/10.

I'm actually tired of the Ninja cap. You know how many times I've seen I attempted compared to actually pulling it off? It has to be at least 50 to 1.

"Go ahead Rambo, I'm sure your 3rd attempt against those 2 defenders will finally work."

Start saving the ninja cap for a "Hail Mary" recovery when losing, not the opening move of the battle. Because chances are we would much rather have you use your stealth abilities to mez and kill the enemy Operative healer dominating us at mid than stealth camping at snow waiting for an "opening" and then being killed by their stealth defender.

Edit: also I just re read your post. You finally decided to quit attempting to ninja when you were outnumbered by stealth detection snipers? I'm starting to side with the heckler, the two of you would have been much more effective fighting mid. 1 smart sniper can hold off 2 stealth until help arrives. 2 bads can usually fumble long enough for help with arrive.

Ninja only works 1on1 if the defender screws up, or if you outnumber the enemy. Anytime they outnumber you your skills are much better used elsewhere.

Edited by Kerensk

Maybe you should stop ninja-capping...It is only good when the defender of that node is either alone and you know you'll win, or if they left it open.

It is more viable for your team if you defended your main node, and battled it out in middle or something.

I can't tell you how many times we would have a healer either defending our node alone or trying to ninja cap, when i would personally like the healer to come to mid and pop some heals, having somebody else defend the other node.

Ninja capping is a bad strategy. It doesn't work all the time, in fact, it rarely works.

I think the guy had a perfect reason to complain. Sure, people are immature about stuff like that, he was probably being over the top, sure. But, you guys did try ninja-capping...lol.

I can't tell you how many times we would have a healer either defending our node alone or trying to ninja cap, when i would personally like the healer to come to mid and pop some heals, having somebody else defend the other node.

Yeah? I've lost count of the times I've been the only healer in a group, and everyone's ran away and left me at a node, and even when I type in ops chat "I am heals someone come defend here if you want me healing at mid" no-one comes.

Stupidity abounds on all sides.

When you have people doing stupid **** like AFK'ing while node guarding saying they needed a drink, running the wrong way over and over in huttball with the ball, and never using chat to say "inc" or reading chat to helkp defend the nodes, they do deserve it "sometimes"

AFK'ing to get a drink is perfectly acceptable. Gotta keep that buzz going.