So, when?

Thodra

Had read that you could learn crew skills before level 10 - you could just get on the shuttle and go to fleet, learn the skills and come back. However, since you dont get any companions until around level 8 or so you cant actually craft anything until then. Only skill sets that might be of use would be the gathering skills but not sure if you can gather anything on the starter worlds.

Had read that you could learn crew skills before level 10 - you could just get on the shuttle and go to fleet, learn the skills and come back. However, since you dont get any companions until around level 8 or so you cant actually craft anything until then. Only skill sets that might be of use would be the gathering skills but not sure if you can gather anything on the starter worlds.

You can scav on hutta with all the droids and there are tons of mobs you can do the bioanalysis thing with, and you get get your crew skills at 8 but like it was said you cant craft without at least one companion.

That sounds like it would be a viable idea to take the shuttle, get 3 gathering skills and after you get your first companion change the skills.

That sounds like it would be a viable idea to take the shuttle, get 3 gathering skills and after you get your first companion change the skills.

I think only 2 of those are actually harvestable on the starter worlds, the ones for the 'mob harvesting'.

Scavenging for droids, and bioanalysis(?) for creatures.

I do believe it is only the 'strong' or higher difficulty ones that are harvestable on the starter worlds though.

You can get your craftinig skills at lvl1 if you make the trip to the fleet...take three gathering skills and change one later.

However be very careful that you select the right ones as you can not drop or swap them until after you get your companion as the crewskill button will not work.

I picked the wrong ones and now must wait until lvl10 to change them. Also as a trooper with the slicing skill I found nothing to slice on Ord Mantell, nothing at all.