Lag in Explosive Conflict

For the last few weeks, my guild and I have been trying to do Hard Mode Explosive Conflict. I say trying because every time we attempt it we have to fight three things on the first boss of the encounter: Toth, Zorn and Lag. At first we thought that due to the time we were raiding was a prime time to raid and there were just too many people, but when we started tonight there were only 17 people in Denova and still we died due to 3-5 second lag spikes. If it was just one or two of us, it would be workable, but when our entire raid group lags at the same time, its game over for us. Additionally, we've talked about it in the Denova general chat and asked other groups and they're having the same problems. Now, I have been able to deal with all the bugs and glitches and hacks that have been in this game since its inception because there has either been a work-around for them or I have had the knowledge that within a week or two, this problem would be fixed. Also, I know posts about this very topic have been brought up in great quantity recently and I have seen the responses about how this issue has been noticed and that it is being worked on internally. But I've gotta be honest, I play with a small group of real-life friends and a good chunk of them have been giving serious thought to quitting this game if they can't do operations anymore due to lag and doing operations is all they log on to do. Given this, if I can't give them some kind of time frame as to when this is going to be fixed they're not likely going to stick around which makes me kind of sad because there are a great many things about this game that I really do enjoy but if they people I enjoy playing it with don't stick around because they can't raid, then sadly I won't have much of a reason to stick around for much longer either. I don't expect to get a response to this and if I do, I expect it to either try and shift the lag blame to us and hear about how its on our end much like the response to the ticket I put in last week did or get the same response that all the other posts have gotten about how a fix is coming someday. I'm just feeling frustrated and feel that I need to put something out there and let you guys know that this problem is not a small one and may end up costing you subscribers sooner rather than later.

Wall of text crits for 10,000 dmg!

Yes lag has been absolutely terrible in operations ever since the server merge. It is bordering on unplayable, you end up losing ~5-10% of the fight due to lag which makes the enrage timers much more difficult to beat.

I don't think Bioware has even admitted they have a problem...

Edited by Erasmus

Lag just prepares you for NiM EC

Seriously though it is beyond a joke now. Taunt lags on Kephess, lag on dropping boulder reticles on T&Z graphics bug on Storm and Fire then place is already at NiM with no need for further development currently.:mad:

Yes lag has been absolutely terrible in operations ever since the server merge. It is bordering on unplayable, you end up losing ~5-10% of the fight due to lag which makes the enrage timers much more difficult to beat.

I don't think Bioware has even admitted they have a problem...

You can find a link that says they know about it but at the rate they fix things like this it could be next year.

Gah, we did EC HM yday, was up to Kephess, third bomber spawned, everything was going smoothly, then;

'Powertech, grapple him!'

'I already did'

'****, people, start shooting the crap out of him'

'*silence*'

'People?'

'I am hitting my attacks, but nothing is happening'

*5 seconds later*

'Oh, there we go. ****, bomber exploded with 10% hp left.'

'*rage*'

So tired of this -.- Usually we manage to get through the lag, but on kephess, right as the bomber spawns when kephess is down.. that's just not cool.

If Bioware really wants to improve communication they would in the very least let us know where they are in fixing problems like this. I'm sick and tired of having smoke blown up my rear end with answers like "We are aware of the problem and are working on a fix". I really like this game and want to continue playing for a long time to come and I really don't want to sound like a typical angry forum poster; its just that problems like these make people quit. I don't want people to quit because, like many others, this is my only real outreach to friends and family who have moved apart. It's hard to put into words what I'm feeling right now because I see many of my friends of old and new ones that I've made move on. You are slowly losing your core players and I'm afraid that if enough people leave, the game will be dropped. Please, even if you don't have an update for us, let us know whats going on. That's all we want. Edited by Varlam

For the last few weeks, my guild and I have been trying to do Hard Mode Explosive Conflict. I say trying because every time we attempt it we have to fight three things on the first boss of the encounter: Toth, Zorn and Lag. At first we thought that due to the time we were raiding was a prime time to raid and there were just too many people, but when we started tonight there were only 17 people in Denova and still we died due to 3-5 second lag spikes. If it was just one or two of us, it would be workable, but when our entire raid group lags at the same time, its game over for us. Additionally, we've talked about it in the Denova general chat and asked other groups and they're having the same problems. Now, I have been able to deal with all the bugs and glitches and hacks that have been in this game since its inception because there has either been a work-around for them or I have had the knowledge that within a week or two, this problem would be fixed. Also, I know posts about this very topic have been brought up in great quantity recently and I have seen the responses about how this issue has been noticed and that it is being worked on internally. But I've gotta be honest, I play with a small group of real-life friends and a good chunk of them have been giving serious thought to quitting this game if they can't do operations anymore due to lag and doing operations is all they log on to do. Given this, if I can't give them some kind of time frame as to when this is going to be fixed they're not likely going to stick around which makes me kind of sad because there are a great many things about this game that I really do enjoy but if they people I enjoy playing it with don't stick around because they can't raid, then sadly I won't have much of a reason to stick around for much longer either. I don't expect to get a response to this and if I do, I expect it to either try and shift the lag blame to us and hear about how its on our end much like the response to the ticket I put in last week did or get the same response that all the other posts have gotten about how a fix is coming someday. I'm just feeling frustrated and feel that I need to put something out there and let you guys know that this problem is not a small one and may end up costing you subscribers sooner rather than later.

I'm curious, are you even able to read this, yourself?

The lag has been an issue for my guild as well, but at least in our experience, it hasn't made a huge difference whether we complete the instance or not. The lag has caused a few wipes here and there, as well as causing rubber banding abilities.

We've had no issue clearing it every Tuesday for months. I do feel that the developers have had more than enough time to sort this issue out. With the new operation "Terror from Beyond" coming out in September, I really hope they start pushing towards a fix.

Edited by Jedi-Masse

I'm pretty sure BW has stated that massive lag in EC, Gharj resetting, and Soa disappearing is all due to something on our end. Maybe the 1.5mil subs they lost really did send them their $15 for the last four months but the transaction is lagged.

My entire guild, no joke, has literally quit the game because of this. EC HM was the only thing that was keeping them in the game but it just became unplayable since server merges. I think the worst lag spike i've ever encountered was literally like a full 20 seconds on Toth/Zorn. It was on a jump and I was just slamming my taunt to no avail until the other tank went from 90% health to 0% in a split second when it smoothed out.

If there's an exploit in the favor of the players, that thing gets patched like immediately. Bugs that break the game....meh.

My entire guild, no joke, has literally quit the game because of this. EC HM was the only thing that was keeping them in the game but it just became unplayable since server merges. I think the worst lag spike i've ever encountered was literally like a full 20 seconds on Toth/Zorn. It was on a jump and I was just slamming my taunt to no avail until the other tank went from 90% health to 0% in a split second when it smoothed out.

If there's an exploit in the favor of the players, that thing gets patched like immediately. Bugs that break the game....meh.

Same for me, numbers in EC HM raiding guilds dropping like flys having to put up with the lag for no reward other than a high repair bill. Still no word or action other than making Minesweeper no longer work for 2 days? seen about 15 people in 2 guilds quit within the last 2 weeks because of this.

It's not lag, EC was too easy, so they put a server stun.

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Now, seriously, yeah this is really annoying. It is not game breaking bad, since we can still clear EC HM every week and it very rarely causes a wipe, but seeing how low it takes solving their bugs is quite sad. This issue came with the merge, but i am more pissed at the unfixed bugs that have been present since Beta, those are simply pathetic.

I quit WOW for the reason that I put in tickets on bugs that were there for 6 YEARS!!!!!!!

I see this game going down the same exact path with Free to Play adding in Sever Lag that makes the game dead!

Edited by Metalmac

It's not lag, EC was too easy, so they put a server stun.

It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Now, seriously, yeah this is really annoying. It is not game breaking bad, since we can still clear EC HM every week and it very rarely causes a wipe, but seeing how low it takes solving their bugs is quite sad. This issue came with the merge, but i am more pissed at the unfixed bugs that have been present since Beta, those are simply pathetic.

^ This.

The lag isn't to the point where it prohibits clears. I've seen singular deaths to this lag, but never a full raid wipe. I suspect there is considerable hyperbole when it is suggested "bosses cannot be downed with the lag."

Should it be fixed, sure? But exaggeration will not facilitate a fix.

Edited by Mavery

^ This.

The lag isn't to the point where it prohibits clears. I've seen singular deaths to this lag, but never a full raid wipe. I suspect there is considerable hyperbole when it is suggested "bosses cannot be downed with the lag."

Should it be fixed, sure? But exaggeration will not facilitate a fix.

Depends on your situation entirely. When you come out of a 5 second lag spike and return with a dead tank, I'd say that it prohibits game play significantly. Do all people have this problem? No, of course not but it does happen and needs to be addressed.

I guess its just easier to fix things that have nothing to do with game play though, like jewelery.

Massive improvement tonight, 16 people in our instance (8 were us) ..

Same for Corellian Run. 16 in the instance we were in. There were 12 instances going. In the past we would have 4 instances and push 120 in each full one. Lag was much better Tuesday. A few minor bumps here or there but nothing rage worthy.

Yeah as commented in the other thread, we had a couple of raid-wide lagspikes, but generally way better than it was before. Particularly regarding the delay on abilities during raids.

And well tbh, we used to have the occasional lag spike before the whole massive lagfest started. I'm hoping this is a permanent fix or workaround fix to the issue ^^ And hopefully even with the instances housing very small amount of players now, hopefully it wont kick us out to depopulate (forcing us to have to reclear trash)

Do let us know if anyone does get kicked out and into a new instance after wiping etc. We've made it kind of rule of thumb for one person to stay dead inside until others have re-entered these days.

We were in EC HM last night and we were getting a few lag spikes, nothing too bad.

What was really annoying was the abilities on my hotbar not firing off. I would hit my button, the icon would flash on my hotbar & then nothing would happen. I would have to hit the button a couple times to get them to fire off. It didn't happen all the time, but it was enough that it screwed up my rotations on several pulls.

I have posted before that the interface between the Operating System and the game is bugged and laggy.

The main problem is when you add in network lag and then Server Lag you end up with a very bad mix.

Remember the Hero Engine was 7 years old and based on Windows XP when they released this game.

1. Microsoft no longer really supports XP

2. 7 year old software is always considered crap when you consider 4 year old software is less craptastic.

3. 80% of the computers today are 64 bit but SWTOR is 32 bit and runs XB Service Pack 3 and 7 year old hero engine.

4. SWTOR pretty much throws Windows 7 under the bus for performance.

Edited by Metalmac

I couldn't read your post because I was blinded. But I'd just like to say that my guild hasn't had issues with this lag for a couple of weeks now. While it was an issue about a month ago, it's become much less noticeable. We've also adjusted our operations times to avoid the masses of others in Denova.

I couldn't read your post because I was blinded. But I'd just like to say that my guild hasn't had issues with this lag for a couple of weeks now. While it was an issue about a month ago, it's become much less noticeable. We've also adjusted our operations times to avoid the masses of others in Denova.

This would be a pretty unacceptable solution for 90% of the players base that pay for the game.

Many have quit as they can not deal with entire groups freeze for 3 seconds then 2 players are dead.