Are we seriously supposed to preorder with this little info?

Icebergy

These people remind me of the other group of complainers, (cartel packs)

They whine, complain, argue, and rage all on the forums, but when they come out or its avaliable they buy them (and most buy more)

so these people, however angry, entitled, and whiney they may be, you'll see them on makeb. Like all the rest.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.rockstargames.com/V/

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire

Let's look at your example! For GTA V we have two full blown trailers highlighting numerous key features, over a hundred screen shots showing us the art, detail, and cool new stuff, and about a dozen articles and interviews with people saying what they've changed and added between iterations.

Everything we know about Makeb can be summed up in two sentences. So it's not even remotely the same, but I like how people keep saying it.

Must suck having to look up every available detail on everything you buy before you spend 10 bucks on it, sounds like a lot of work.

What if you go to a restaurant and they don't have an internet page telling you how every meal is made, along with reviews from patrons and critics about how good that 15 dollar +tax+tip meal is? Do you just order water?

So, who wants to bet these people whining about 10 dollars for potentially hundreds of hours worth of enjoyment at level 55 are the same people who spend 15 bucks every single time Call of Duty releases a map pack- and then throws their sixty bucks to Actiblizzard every time they rerelease CoD-MW1- I mean, every time they put out the same game they put out last year- I mean, releases a completely new and innovative new game that is new and newer than last year's new game?

Though- you do at least get a new 2 hour campaign for that sixty bucks- that's 30 bucks an hour before you get to start complaining about how MW still has the best pvp out of all of them! Well worth it.

Well, I don't play console games, but I will tell you that I easily drop the cash for a new WoW Expasnion every two years, and to SOE for the DCUO Cash Shop, and to Rift for its Storm Legion expansion, and . . .

I have no issue spending money on an MMO. I have an issue with EA's handling of this DLC and game as a whole (expansion is way too generous, it is a DLC, same as DCUO puts out every 3-4 months for $10).

SWTOR could be a fun game for me. Unfortunately, EA ripped the fun right out of it with how they've handled not only the game, but their customers.

(And before you claim I obviously still subscribe to it, I don't. My sub ended December 24th. But because the forum keeps me automatically logged in, my posting ability never ended.)

Edited by Jumajin

Normally I am very supportive of Bioware, but trying to rush us into preordering this expansion with basically zero info out on it seems like we're being taken advantage of.

We have three days left to meet the deadline and the only things we know about what we are purchasing is that it has 5 more levels and a new planet. I believe there will be more to it than that, hopefully new Ops, FPs, and WZs, but for all we know there won't be.

How can you expect us to fork out money on such an unknown quantity?

The answer is yes. It's only 10 bucks. Now if it was a wow expansion price with this little info (40 bucks), I'd say Fork No.

They whine, complain, argue, and rage all on the forums, but when they come out or its avaliable they buy them (and most buy more)

so these people, however angry, entitled, and whiney they may be, you'll see them on makeb. Like all the rest.

Except that isn't true.

There's plenty of people that have never bought Gambling Packs.

People used to say the same about people leaving (that people complained, but no one was leaving), yet the reality was 2,000,000 people did leave. :(

I seriously doubt most people are worried about a mere $10.

It's not about the cash. It has to do with BioWare not giving out much information that has people a bit uptight. You figured, when a company has something they feel is awesome, they'll shout it out from the heavens. Much like other gaming companies do, but this is not happening here.

Why? This is the real reason why many aren't buying beforehand.

So, who wants to bet these people whining about 10 dollars for potentially hundreds of hours worth of enjoyment at level 55 are the same people who spend 15 bucks every single time Call of Duty releases a map pack- and then throws their sixty bucks to Actiblizzard every time they rerelease CoD-MW1- I mean, every time they put out the same game they put out last year- I mean, releases a completely new and innovative new game that is new and newer than last year's new game?

Though- you do at least get a new 2 hour campaign for that sixty bucks- that's 30 bucks an hour before you get to start complaining about how MW still has the best pvp out of all of them! Well worth it.

The only thing that I spent money on in this game were the ship upgrades. After buying them with CC, they are not showing on my mission list so I can't do them. No help, tickets closed, no response on the forums. That was something fully disclosed and active.

Are you seriously calling me a whiner because I wont give them the chance to do it again, sight unseen, without first correcting the previous transaction? LOL

I'm expecting an e-mail shortly with a virtual bridge from fleet to black hole they want me to buy. ;p Its not the money chief, its the principle and deception.

I seriously doubt most people are worried about a mere $10.

It's not about the cash. It has to do with BioWare not giving out much information that has people a bit uptight. You figured, when a company has something they feel is awesome, they'll shout it out from the heavens. Much like other gaming companies do, but this is not happening here.

Why? This is the real reason why many aren't buying beforehand.

correct. for me anyway.

Except that isn't true.

There's plenty of people that have never bought Gambling Packs.

People used to say the same about people leaving (that people complained, but no one was leaving), yet the reality was 2,000,000 people did leave. :(

Yes, and contrary to the poster that stated that they would not miss our 15 per month....they went FTP exactly because they missed 15 a month, from around 2 million subs.

Here's a little something from the CS board, from someone pre-ordering and then trying to download it.

Guess what? It doesn't work and fails with an extremely generic message that basically says "it didn't work, {0}. Nice going, guys! Not only can you not fix bugs within the game, you can't even keep the website working properly. Makes me think more than twice about why I'm bothering to drop another $10...

Here's a little something from the CS board, from someone pre-ordering and then trying to download it.

Check your inbox. Due to experiences both in-game and with EA/Bioware's supposed CS, I have changed my stance on the the way this game is heading and RotHC.

You have plenty of info! For crying out loud! Its $10 for a new big planet, 5 levels, and tons of the usual goodies. Quit trying to act like you don't know anything and they are trying to cheat you! You don't know much more about any other expansion in any other game. Come on people...

Precisely. I see people complainging "Oh you only get 5 days of early access" but if you pre order you get it for $10 bucks. Not worth complaining about. Half price is half price since I know I am going to want it anyway. I ordered the day they put it up for sale.

Seriously? Why preorder anything then?

Nail on head, even though you didnt mean it.

There is no reason, not for downloadable crap, unless you want whatever bonuses they are throwing in. Pre-orders are and have always been a cash grab upfront for retailers. It had some justification when physical copies of these things were indeed limited, so you could get yours reserved. But now?

It's purely a "Hey, we want to lock in your money so we can report a good quarter to the investors" strategy. That's all. And it's a dead end, because then they have to do it the next time, and the next time, etc... corps, not looking ahead? Imagine that!

Feed the cashgrab corps if you like. Show me an actual product. Not the now typical EAware vaporware. Until consumers grow up and exercise some actual intelligence (long shot, I know), these companies will continue to get away with shipping promises for profit.

Edited by Polebreaker

This gets me laughing.

The old They cant tell you for this reason or that lol

Have they done anything revolutionary yet that deserved being secretive?

Oh no Blizzard or some other company might find out... LOL

Serious if anything they should use this game as a tutorial on what not to do.

So theres no reason for them to hold on to any info apart from continually Scr3win you guys over.

Edited by GrimInc

Precisely. I see people complainging "Oh you only get 5 days of early access" but if you pre order you get it for $10 bucks. Not worth complaining about. Half price is half price since I know I am going to want it anyway. I ordered the day they put it up for sale.

I honestly don't know how people still believe this. It's made really explicit in the store when you try and preorder, it's been on the front page, it's been in all their adds, it's been clarified here on the forums like a thousand times, even in this thread as well.

Whether you buy it now or after January 7th the price will be exactly the same, $10 FOR SUBSCRIBERS and $20 if you're F2P. The ONLY thing you get for preordering is five days of early access to the content. That is it. There is NO price reduction for ordering it early, you will pay the exact same amount of money.

So its the day of...And still silence...

and there will continue to be silence. People need to understand that this game is no longer being developed, but marketed for as much profit as is possible. This entire "pre-order" was a flimflam. They changed the name from "content update" to "expansion" while changing nothing, saying nothing, doing nothing beyond a marketing ploy to gain quick and easy revenue. The plan worked, communication (that was centered only around pre-pay marketing and nothing about developement) will now cease in its entirety leaving payers with their jaws hanging open.....as is often the case after being swindled. LOL

Anyone who preorders anything is a sucker now. I learned last year after Mass Effect 3 never to preorder anything ever again. And I'm glad I did that as so far it's saved me a ton of money.

It is not out of the realm of possibility that this "expansion" will never make it live, or this quick "cash grab" will come to its conclusion and the game will simply end one day. They've played their customers like a finely tuned piano. ;p

I have been satisfied with the game for a year. Nothing in the description of the expansion makes me think my satisfaction will get any lower in the expansion. So, I pre-ordered. If I like a book in a series, I am likely to get more books from the series. Same thing here.

People who are unhappy with the game in its current state probably should not buy more of the same, eh?

Anyone who preorders anything is a sucker now. I learned last year after Mass Effect 3 never to preorder anything ever again. And I'm glad I did that as so far it's saved me a ton of money.

ah yes. :p I definitely learned to be very VERY careful when I preorder and most importantly, to lower my expectations a great deal. in case of Makeb, it IS possible that they can screw it up to the point of me having similar reaction to the one I had after playing ME3, but its a very VERY small chance - lowered expectations and all. at $10, I look at it the same way as I do when buying a steam game on sale. there's always a chance I won't like it. but I want to try it and the price doesn't feel as bad as $60-80 you pay for new releases nowadays. and if I don't like it, I just won't keep playing it, kinda like I did with section x.. which I haven't been back to since finishing up my HK quest.

Bump...Dev tracker has zero posts so far today.

We have lots of information about Rise of the Hutt Cartel on the way as we approach its launch, so make sure to keep your eye on the website and community blog!

They have already answered. Yes, you're supposed to pre-order with this little amount of info. Why? No one really understands this business practice. I'd speculate they're being secretive because they really dont have anything new or worth talking about beyond the bulletins they have on the buy page.

Beyond that, they're trying to give the RotHC a sense of mystery, in hopes that people will buy it before they realize how little they will be getting. This strategy also works with Cartel Packs. You dont know what you will get, but you have hopes for what you will get. This same mentality/strategy is working to get some people to buy this "expansion" as well. And some of you actually are gullible enough to fall for it.