What is the most powerful force user ever existed?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm awaiting for suggestions. I know most will say Vitate but there could be someone stronger before and may still await in the unknown regions...

Vitiate realistically.

Luke Skywalker canonically.

But seriously, use the search function, there are dozens of threads about this.

Edited by Kaedusz

Vitiate realistically.

Luke Skywalker canonically.

But seriously, use the search function, there are dozens of threads about this.

You're a little confused it seems.

Luke Skywalker canonically and realistically (as much as a space fantasy genre can be considered realistic.)

I take it you haven't read much of the Post-RotJ books/graphic novels/etc... The things he does are unrivaled by just about every force user ever

You're a little confused it seems.

Luke Skywalker canonically and realistically (as much as a space fantasy genre can be considered realistic.)

I take it you haven't read much of the Post-RotJ books/graphic novels/etc... The things he does are unrivaled by just about every force user ever

You are *a lot* confused it seems.

Luke has plot and Lucas armor.

And the moment the new movies were declared,everything post ep 6 is under question at least and null and void at the most.So basically the only thing protecting his position is a canon statement and blood relation to the Chosen one.

And yes i have read all Star Wars EU,except X-wing.And also post ep 6 EU is so extremely and overwhelmingly bad,unless you were born before 1990, that I wonder how can anyone take seriously this stuff.I read it,just because it has the name Star Wars on it.

Luke's story ended at ep 6.It's about to be continued in ep 7.So yes, realistically he is not,yet.

Edited by Kaedusz

You are *a lot* confused it seems.

Luke has plot and Lucas armor.

And the moment the new movies were declared,everything post ep 6 is under question at least and null and void at the most.So basically the only thing protecting his position is a canon statement and blood relation to the Chosen one.

And yes i have read all Star Wars EU,except X-wing.And also post ep 6 EU is so extremely and overwhelmingly bad,unless you were born before 1990, that I wonder how can anyone take seriously this stuff.I read it,just because it has the name Star Wars on it.

Luke's story ended at ep 6.It's about to be continued in ep 7.So yes, realistically he is not,yet.

No, no I'm quite certain I see things clearly.

The news that the new movies are coming only tells us that at some point in the future (for now its December 2015) there will be new content that, when released, will retcon Post-RotJ lore. The news that the sequel trilogy is incoming does not in fact retcon anything for the purposes of discussing the Star Wars Franchise (at least on this forum.)

If you personally don't consider the Post-RotJ as "canon" because you don't like it or are anticipating the new movies then by all means go ahead do so in your own head. But when you are talking to other people, we really couldn't care less on your opinion of how valid the Post-RotJ era is. I consider it canon till the new movies are actually released and thereby retcon it and for the purposes of just about every thread here that is the case.

First, X-wing series was one of the best written Post-RotJ series so you're missing out.

Second, while in some cases the storytelling suffers and characters are predictable due to Plot Armor, the Post-RotJ Eu is pretty good and forms a major chunk of all SW lore so to disregard it due to your personal bias is silly You'd be better served discussing your criticisms with writers in a RL literature discussion rather than make claims against canon based on how much you liked the book.

Edited by StarSquirrel

The Palpatine that existed in ROTJ was already the Most Powerful Sith (Canonically and Empirically). Luke in ROTJ is no joke either and I always thought select works would be wiped not necessarily all of it.

In either case the movies won't come out for a while so there's really no reason to discuss something that hasn't happened yet. We also have no idea of the power level of the characters in this trilogy or even the characters themselves outside of the big 3.

(Before anyone asks or assumes, I missed seeing any of the OT in theaters by a few years. I really should never have to announce this fact when mentioning to people that have only played SWTOR and read Revan that Vitiate is not the greatest thing there ever was.)

Edited by sell-dog

to disregard it due to your personal bias is silly

yes but i am not,that's why i said, *canonically* Luke is the best.And i acknowledge it.

offtopic:Also i like /some/ of the post ep 6 EU.But not the stories which expand on the movie characters,because it give me vibes of cheap fan fiction,not serious Star Wars,the way the movies ,kotor1/2 and swtor does.(and the obvious books and comics connected to them,like Bane or Exar Kun)

Edited by Kaedusz

yes but i am not,that's why i said, *canonically* Luke is the best.And i acknowledge it.

offtopic:Also i like /some/ of the post ep 6 EU.But not the stories which expand on the movie characters,because it give me vibes of cheap fan fiction,not serious Star Wars,the way the movies ,kotor1/2 and swtor does.(and the obvious books and comics connected to them,like Bane or Exar Kun)

Lets face it, unless Luke dies before he reaches his full potential. It ain't gonna happen. Luke Skywalker achieved the potential of the Chosen One, his feats merely reflect - rather than define - this fact.

That and the Sith Emperor has to topple Sidious first lol.

In my opinion he is the most powerful,but still i am surprised you put him at 5th place,just behind the canon protected chracters(and my namesake). I thought you would put him way down.Like around 10th or even bellow that.

If you recall.

I don't.

Edited by Kaedusz

Yep, but I always take the list as a guide line more then actual rule.

Well some of the Jedi and Jedi Lightsaber Duelists listings in particular I'm opposed to entirely so I was never a huge fan of that list. And of course I have a mental image that moves some of those characters up and down a few positions.

But yeah, it is handy to have but far from definitive.

However, I'm always impressed at the effort and work Beni puts into that (and the Kaggaths, In-depth Combats, etc...) so I'll give the list a lot of points for being a pretty inclusive and less biased than almost any other list.

In my opinion he is the most powerful,but still i am surprised you put him at 5th place,just behind the canon protected chracters(and my namesake). I thought you would put him way down.Like around 10th or even bellow that.

I don't.

Well you participated in the thread so I thought you might remember.

But 10th? The Sith Emperor? LOL.

He's canonically superior to everyone before him so that would be impossible for one.