Disney owns Marvel comic and Now LucasFilms!

mefit

That sucks. I seriously hope 1313 comes out and is good. TFU series was okay, but I'm hoping 1313 can revive Star Wars gaming. If 1313 is successful, maybe Disney will reconsider their approach to Star Wars gaming. I hope so.

Battlefront 3 struggled form the very begining and production went bankrupt many times before the Pandemic drop, overall I'll tell you what BF3 was: The PSP stories with elements of BF1 and II. That's literally it.

Battlefront 3 struggled form the very begining and production went bankrupt many times before the Pandemic drop, overall I'll tell you what BF3 was: The PSP stories with elements of BF1 and II. That's literally it.

That's a real shame. Battlefront 3 could have been a really good game if they handled it right.

Unfortunately he may be right. The EU is going to be scrapped and Star Wars will be transformed into a perversion of what it is now.

nah it will just be relaunched. At least the Post ROTJ stuff will be. Which to be fair it's already messed up due to the prequels and the Clone Wars.

nah it will just be relaunched. At least the Post ROTJ stuff will be. Which to be fair it's already messed up due to the prequels and the Clone Wars.

I'll admit that the EU has its own share of problems, but I don't like the idea of what is established being scrapped. We just have to wait and see what the canon rules are going to be, I guess.

Unfortunately he may be right. The EU is going to be scrapped and Star Wars will be transformed into a perversion of what it is now.

You really think so? That Sucks.

I just can't see the good in wiping all our EU. Sure I can see a few changes as necessary on their part, but for the love of God why is it necessary to wipe ALL or anywhere near all our EU? This is a legitament question. Someone please answer me! What does Disney have to gain from killing EVERYTHING? Also, HOW could they kill everything? Are they just gonna say "We're killing all EU? 'Cause there's no way they could make enough they content to wreck ALL of Eu. I'm so baffled right now.

I just can't see the good in wiping all our EU. Sure I can see a few changes as necessary on their part, but for the love of God why is it necessary to wipe ALL or anywhere near all our EU? This is a legitament question. Someone please answer me! What does Disney have to gain from killing EVERYTHING? Also, HOW could they kill everything? Are they just gonna say "We're killing all EU? 'Cause there's no way they could make enough they content to wreck ALL of Eu. I'm so baffled right now.

It's not going to happen instantly. This new movie is going to set the tone of the EU. Since Episode 7 is a completely original story we are assured that the established EU is being scrapped for the Disney movies. Which means that Post-ROTJ EU is starting from scratch. I'm betting that they will hit pre-PT EU as well.

in the grand scheme of things I would say less then 1% of people who like Star Wars have ever read a EU book. Remember EU books at most sell maybe 100,000 copies. Even with that many there are even fewer who have read most of them and really know the EU.

They are not killing the EU they are just relaunching it. Like Aubre said they will start with post ROTJ and then we will see what they do with that.

They might redo the old republic history, they might keep it and build on it or they might just ignore it and do another time period. But it seems for the next 10 15 years I would say they will concetrate on the time period around the Galactic Civil war and Post ROTJ.

For example we know the trilogy will be post ROTJ and they will defetnly have a new tv show at that time period but they also might do a show about the time inbetween episode 3 and 4.

wait are you honestly trying to say Lucas didn't milk the crap out of it?? Have you seen the Prequels and all the merchendise with it? for gods sake he made this

and now this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yRNXFhboBI

You are incredbily misguided if you think Disney only does Beauty and the Best I guess you have never seen Pirates of the Carribean or The Avengers.

You should also head over to Disneyworld or Disneyland and go ride Star Tours.

Disney knows what they are doing.

George Lucas was true to the canon. He did not make any more or any less as far as the core idea. Thats what I mean by milking it. Sure theirs a tv show and games and books, but he has left the movies intact.

George Lucas was true to the canon. He did not make any more or any less as far as the core idea. Thats what I mean by milking it. Sure theirs a tv show and games and books, but he has left the movies intact.

ummm reality would like to have a word with you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz550T3QeAo

wait one minute You said he left the movies in tact?

Remind me who shot first? Han or Greedo?

not to mention now I guarentee in the next 2 years we will get an uneddited version of the Original Trilogy on Blu ray. That alone is worth what ever doom may come.

Edited by jarjarloves

ummm reality would like to have a word with you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz550T3QeAo

wait one minute You said he left the movies in tact?

Remind me who shot first? Han or Greedo?

not to mention now I guarentee in the next 2 years we will get an uneddited version of the Original Trilogy on Blu ray. That alone is worth what ever doom may come.

Who cares who shot first? That just doesn't really affect anything. That's is such a minor change. People just need to give it up and get over it.

Who cares who shot first? That just doesn't really affect anything. That's is such a minor change. People just need to give it up and get over it.

actually out of all the changes it's pretty big. It completely changes Han's character. It would be like Frodo deciding on his own to throw the ring into the lava at the end of Lord of the Rings. It changes A LOT.

actually out of all the changes it's pretty big. It completely changes Han's character. It would be like Frodo deciding on his own to throw the ring into the lava at the end of Lord of the Rings. It changes A LOT.

It is a big change, but I don't think we need to nerd-rage* over it. I recently watched A New Hope and the time between shots is insignificant. Not even a second I think. It's not like he waited for Greedo to shoot first.

*For lack of a better word

Edited by Aurbere

It is a big change, but I don't think we need to nerd-rage* over it. I recently watched A New Hope and the time between shots is insignificant. Not even a second I think. It's not like he waited for Greedo to shoot first.

*For lack of a better word

was it the blu ray edition? because he changed it again to make it look like they shot at the same time. It still has that really akward digital shift. It looks like he has a spasm

was it the blu ray edition? because he changed it again to make it look like they shot at the same time. It still has that really akward digital shift. It looks like he has a spasm

Well whatever edition was shown on Spike this year. I didn't notice any spasm lol.

Okay I don't want to get into a argument, but the who shot first thing is not NEARLY as character-defining as Frodo's decision concerning the ring. I'm sorry but it doesn't change Han's character much at all.

It's not going to happen instantly. This new movie is going to set the tone of the EU. Since Episode 7 is a completely original story we are assured that the established EU is being scrapped for the Disney movies. Which means that Post-ROTJ EU is starting from scratch. I'm betting that they will hit pre-PT EU as well.

Its also very possible that if they do end current EU , those characters and ideals will be reused .

Not to mention this MMO will be still going so I am not so sure that Pre PT movie Lore and stories will be ended or stored away . Its very possibe because of this game that the Old Republic before the Movies will still be Canon/Lore and stay with Currently the New Movies being released and stories .

Disney will not throw away such a chance to Market ideas like this game which is a living and breathing item in their new division EA/Bioware of not . TOR is still apart of LucasArts !

As Jarjarloves has pointed out George Lucas has stepped on his own canon more than once and even changed parts in the movies to fix issues in PT .

G-Canon was a large Joke and ultimate way to show George hated those who made him money...............hated might be too strong.............lets say disliked .

Its kinda like you asking a father for his daughters hand in marriage and then after the wedding he goes out telling the men in a local bar that his daughter ("YOUR WIFE") is really on the market and the marriage is a fake............

^ You might like that type of action but I feel it was totally disrespectful to those who helped keep the imaginations of the fans going with rich lore and decent to great stories .

It was a selfish action by a man who agreed for the money ("which hes entitled too") but forgot about the fans .

Not all StarWars fans are crazy nutjobs that write authors and directors with death threats ("Because so and so killed OMG MY FAVORITE CHARACTER ") and he put us all in that room and that was unfair !

Edited by mefit

• 2 months later...
im more worried about what disneys going to do with this game:eek:

nothing. Odds are EA has at least a 5 year contract if not longer. Disney gets its money no matter if this game does good or bad. So it wouldn't benefit them in anyway to buy out the contract.