Community Round-Up: February 14th, 2013

CourtneyWoods

Hey everyone!

Please use this thread to discuss the Community Round-Up as well as nominate any threads, events, or discussions about SWTOR for next week's blog.

You can also PM me any nominations! :jawa_eek:

As a friendly reminder, the purpose of this blog is not to highlight the most talked about issues on the forums or for popular community concerns or issues. We’re looking for suggestions of fun, interesting, and productive threads that highlight the community and its creations and activities. Submissions that don’t meet the guidelines will be removed.

Thanks for staying on topic!

I nominate this thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=325920

It has been on the front page of the general forums pretty much throughout the day, everyday, for quite a long time. There are quite a few good ideas that pop up in it -- the revamped VIP area was mentioned well ahead of the 1.7 patch. It would be great if we could get some developer feedback on the other ideas in the thread!

Edited by ZeroOneNine

i would like a developers reaction or discussion point of view to this thread please

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=596970

repair costs imo shouldn't ever become a reason why people do or do not LFG or Raid or have fun in game

Why when we the playerbase hear from different Bioware community managers (past and present) time and time again that you will communicate more with the playerbase on key issues that players have , has nobody from your

dev team commented or at the very least passed opinion on a post that's generated 400 plus pages in just 2 days of replies on a issue that is to put it mildly annoying a lot of people ?

It honestly feels like you guys have your heads in the sand and dont want to hear what the players who are otherwise enjoying the game you made for them are saying..... ?

This particular issue is affecting my fun levels in game right now (because some of my guild members are refusing to raid as a reaction to the recent hike in repair costs) its for this reason i consider my post appropriate to this thread.

I personally look forward to logging into my guild mumble (chat server) to hear happy guild members raiding and progressing their characters and celebrating about loot drops they have managed to obtain in game. All i hear at the moment is "sorry guys thats me done i dont have the cash for repairs" or "Nah im not pugging for a group and wasting money repairing for nubs..... prices being as they are, i'll do a run at a later date"

when guild members ask for help grouping a hard mode flashpoint for their daily.

Edited by R-Tee-Doo-Tee

I would like to nominate this thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=325920

The collectors edition vendor needs a few more updates, since they were promised an all.

A new re-skinned item every few patches shouldn't be too difficult to produce seeing as how tons of that stuff is introduced to the Cartel Market all the time.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=598510

Bartle Types and the Predictability of Ilum Rage

If you watch the forums, this is exactly what has happened. And the flame war that has resulted is a result of the clash of the Killer mindset and the other mindsets. And it's not just the Black Hats; the White Hats, Achievers, Explorers, and Socializers have trouble understanding the other mindsets, too. For the Black Hats, the opportunity for fun is to lay waste to everyone else. For the White Hats, the opportunity for fun is to lay waste to the Black Hats and get good fights from the other White Hats, Achievers, & Explorers who can fend for themselves. The Achiever has some fun in overcoming long odds to succeed, but can get frustrated when they can't succeed at all. The Explorer doesn't have much fun with this sort of activity unless they've also got a strong Killer side. The Socializer's fun is ruined the moment someone interrupts time with their friends (although Socializers with a strong Killer side can have fun banding together with the White Hats to "take back mid!").

This thread by ArdoNorrin is a really interesting breakdown of Bartle's test, how it applies to the Ilum Gree Event, and how all the gaming "archetypes" are currently & could possibly interact with eachother.