Your ally is UNBEATABLE (then why are we losing so badly?)

Banderal

I keep trying to decide... when on a team that's getting crushed I hear "Your ally is unbeatable!" ***, I think? How the heck could someone NOT have died? Are they really good? Or are they just hiding in the corner. (Honest question - is it something I should be aspiring too?)

More than likely if you're really getting pounded and someone is unbeatable they're defending a node.

Actually it's usually me that's defending a node (I do that a lot for some reason). And I see it in the group that is trying to take the second one (and failing :( ). [Edit - say for example a NC match I just had. I'm solo guarding west. We just failed to take south, and I see my team streaming east. I see no less than THREE of them, one after another, get unbeatable. Huh?]

Edited by Banderal

I keep trying to decide... when on a team that's getting crushed I hear "Your ally is unbeatable!" ***, I think? How the heck could someone NOT have died? Are they really good? Or are they just hiding in the corner. (Honest question - is it something I should be aspiring too?)

It only works if they get a certain amount of kills without dying themselves, they can be a great player while the rest of the team is uncoordinated or he himself is chasing kills rather than objectives, or is doing everything right and still losing, as long as he gets I think 25? kills without dying, he gets unbeatable.

If your really taking a pounding as a team, and you hear that, its probably a stealth that A. hides when the going gets tough, or B. He really is that good, because you do need to actually play to get the 10 medals or so in a row without dying.

I'm not sure about ops, but shadows can get at least 5 medals in the first couple minutes. Solo kill taking off node at the beginning, taking the node, 6k dmge in a single blow, throw taunts in the cluster for protection medals. defending the node. The rest of the medals may take the rest of the match to achieve, so I would think they need to be active to be unbeatable.

That happens all the time while playing normals. I've lost track of the times I've fought mid and seen all my team mates die time after time while I've pretty much had a field day. It depends a little on the class you're on too, it's usually easy to stay alive on CW mid as ranged.

It only works if they get a certain amount of kills without dying themselves, they can be a great player while the rest of the team is uncoordinated or he himself is chasing kills rather than objectives, or is doing everything right and still losing, as long as he gets I think 25? kills without dying, he gets unbeatable.

Unbeatable isn't based on kills.

Unbeatable = 8 medals without dying

Invincible = 14 medals without dying

Immortal = 18 medals without dying

As for the OP, it's really, really easy to get a lot of medals quickly if you're a class with taunts. One AoE taunt used at the right time can generate three medals in a couple of seconds. On my Shadow tank for instance, I usually get these medals in the first 30-60 seconds of any Warzone:

Medic: 3K heal. All Shadows can get this medal via Battle Readiness/Overcharge Saber. Literally you just need to use it after taking 3K or more in damage.

Guardian: 2.4 protection without dying (any class with a taunt should have this medal)

Shield: 6K protection total (again any class with taunts should get this)

Paladin: 12K protection without dying (guarding a healer or a well placed AoE taunt will get you this in seconds)

Demolisher: 3K damage in one hit

Later on, since I am playing a tank, I usually get Protector (60K protection) no matter how the team is doing. I will usually get Combatant (90K damage) and Soldier (10 kills) in fairly short order. A lucky shot can you get Quick Shot (Killing blow on an enemy).

Now note, none of these require that you ignore objectives or chase medals. While Tanks and Healers get a few more medals easily, playing the objectives can usually result in a couple of medals itself. Stopping a ball carrier, passing, killing a player defending a node, and yes defending the node. In my experience, node defending is the worst way to get Unbeatable easily.

Edited by Master-Nala

novare coast also likes to announce the opposite. An ally is unbeatable is usually an opponent in that WZ. At least on pot5.

Ah, that could have been it also then. I'm on POT5. Although, as I've learned from all the other posts, it's not so off that people could have gotten those quick 8 medals.

Glad I posted here instead of falsely "calling out" the people getting unbeatable in chat or something like that :o - I never paid much attention to how exactly the medals are awarded. I know the basics, but didn't really think about how quickly you could get them. Thanks for setting me straight!

Unbeatable isn't based on kills.

Unbeatable = 8 medals without dying

Invincible = 14 medals without dying

Immortal = 20 medals without dying

As for the OP, it's really, really easy to get a lot of medals quickly if you're a class with taunts. One AoE taunt used at the right time can generate three medals in a couple of seconds. On my Shadow tank for instance, I usually get these medals in the first 30-60 seconds of any Warzone:

Medic: 3K heal. All Shadows can get this medal via Battle Readiness/Overcharge Saber. Literally you just need to use it after taking 3K or more in damage.

Guardian: 2.4 protection without dying (any class with a taunt should have this medal)

Shield: 6K protection total (again any class with taunts should get this)

Paladin: 12K protection without dying (guarding a healer or a well placed AoE taunt will get you this in seconds)

Demolisher: 3K damage in one hit

Later on, since I am playing a tank, I usually get Protector (60K protection) no matter how the team is doing. I will usually get Combatant (90K damage) and Soldier (10 kills) in fairly short order. A lucky shot can you get Quick Shot (Killing blow on an enemy).

Now note, none of these require that you ignore objectives or chase medals. While Tanks and Healers get a few more medals easily, playing the objectives can usually result in a couple of medals itself. Stopping a ball carrier, passing, killing a player defending a node, and yes defending the node. In my experience, node defending is the worst way to get Unbeatable easily.

Immortal is 18.

More than likely if you're really getting pounded and someone is unbeatable they're defending a node.

You don't get the medals required to get unbeatable when just guarding a node I don't think.

The answer to the question is they likely yes, are pretty good...at LEAST at surviving on their own.

Edited by SOULCASTER

You don't get the medals required to get unbeatable when just guarding a node I don't think.

The answer to the question is they likely yes, are pretty good...at LEAST at surviving on their own.

If you are solo guarding, you get 1 medal for the cap, and 5-6 medals in defender points over the course of the match. If some enemy makes a half-assed attempt to solo cap from you without stealth (which they always do), you get your next 3 medals for solo kill, killing blow, and doing >3k damage in one blow respectively.

On a side note: I rarely ever see anyone get unbeatable in Huttball, and if they do, they are usually the sort that never take a pass and never go after the ball.

Edited by EzioMessi

novare coast also likes to announce the opposite. An ally is unbeatable is usually an opponent in that WZ. At least on pot5.

Its been like that for ages on all servers. God knows when they will fix it. Though i think it happens if you swap around alts alot or something.. Cause it seems to happen after you play say a rep char do the daily, and then go imp to do daily.

That happens all the time while playing normals. I've lost track of the times I've fought mid and seen all my team mates die time after time while I've pretty much had a field day. It depends a little on the class you're on too, it's usually easy to stay alive on CW mid as ranged.

Agreed, quite easy on a sage as long as you fight conservatively and regroup and don't tunnel after your team dies so you're 1v6.

Well as you probably noticed by now and by the previous post, it's all about numbers and medals. Now for your team to win someone need to learn to cap the node. Getting the medals, damage points, and believe it or not, I've seen some even figure out how to get medals by protecting and taunt, all that is the easy part.

But to win a WZ, friend, some one need to learn how to cap, to be that one you need timing, patience and the balls to knowingly sacrifice your stats or get ranted at in Ops chat if you're team is losing. And as you know by know it's all about the stats and as long as your teammates are in there for the stats. That's how long your team will lose every WZ,

I agree that its quite easy especially for certain classes to get unbeatable in PvP, but i also notice that almost half of the time people play just for the stats, like best DPS etc and they rarely have any objective points and thus we lose because of that. Then those who do less damage in a match, but have way more objective points are blamed by those who have most DPS score for losing even though it is the fault of those with least objective score most probably and usually most DPS (not always, but too often). People playing for themselves and not for their team are usually (not always) the cause for the team to lose. I personally try to play the objective and make sacrifices just because i can stop a cap while reinforcements arrive etc.

This is something that is in a certain way broken imo in SWTOR pvp. The objective should always matter more than your DPS. The DPS "bragging rights" should be secondary to winning the match imo.

That is why i give now MVP vote to those players with most objective points and NOT most DPS. (Unless they have also best or 2nd best objective score also.)

Edited by InjectorX