Stuck on armortech

Fisherlogan

The items are color coded to indicate if you get crafting xp or not.

If you look at the color of number to the left or right of the description it will indicate the following:

gray/white : no gain

green : normal gain (1 point)

yellow/amber: extra gain (2 points)

If it's not green or yellow, you need to get a higher level schematic to craft to get gains.

Edited by BebeLeBozo

I'm sure this is a dumb question, but I'm stuck at 60 on my armortech even after crafting belts, am i doing something wrong?
You need to go to the armortech crew skills trainer, alt.GTN, and buy/learn a new schematic. If you look at your current schematics you'll be able to see that they have a dot next to them. The dots go from red(orange'ish) to gray. When they're gray'ed out they're not increasing your crew skill level anymore.

Red(orange'ish) - 2 levels per crafted item

Yellow Somewhere between 1 and 2 levels per crafted item. Not sure if the decimal depends on your current level or if yellow always has the same decimal, like 1,5 for instance. It feels like I sometimes level up in a way that isnt correlating with 1.5.

Green - 1 level per crafted item

Gray - No level per crafted item.

A schematic will stay red for 20 crew skill levels so it's a good idea to buy a new schematic every 20 crew skill levels, that way you'll always get the most out of your crafting while leveling your skill. There are several guides online on which schematics to buy for smooth crew skill leveling. These guides are also taking into account the mats used and their accessibility.

Edited by MidichIorian

ok, thanks. i've noticed that when i craft one thats purple, nothing happens, but i will check the numbers now.

The colour of the item does not indicate the value in crafting experience. Your items will start from green to blue then purple, but the dot indicator next to the craft item will be grey (no exp), green (standard exp) to orange (high exp). The recipes will also have a value indicator to say what level crafting you need to make it. If you are crafting 60 you can learn level 60 schematics and gain high amounts of crafting exp by making it, and if you make a level 10 schematic you will not get any exp. Hope that helps.