Having an issue with certain shortcuts in flashpoints

I've found that there are certain crawlspaces in flashpoints that others tend to take because it saves time. I don't have any issue with this whatsoever. However, it can be embarrassing because my character can't for whatever reason get through the same crawlspace. I'll go foot by foot step by step yet not be able to get through. Are these shortcuts designed for certain character builds, is my client screwed up or am I doing something wrong? I love doing flashpoints but when characters skip mobs and I inadvertantly pull or ask for help I get laughed at or insulted. Some of the examples of flashpoints I've had issues with include Taral V and Directive 7.

You may want to specify which shortcuts in these fps give you trouble. What I remember from these 2 is that in these, there are points where you first have to "hug the wall" and then at the exact point x, have to stop doing that and start running at the middle or run to hug the other wall. From my experience, even a meter or 2 to wrong direction and a mob attacks you (happens to me sometimes on Taral V).

There is one shortcut in Directive 7 (jump from stairs and hug a wall) that I've noticed at least one group member will have difficulty with every time. Doesn't seem to be a problem with any one body type or class, just a random group member who has trouble at that time. So no-one should expect them to try the jump more than once, if there's a sorc who can use extrication, use it, if not the group should just kill everything; it's quicker and saves people from feeling that they are holding the group up. There's a shortcut in Boarding Party where I almost always fall to my death, obviously me doing something wrong but so what, I am pretty useless with a lot of datacrons too! To save the inevitable stuffing around I tell people no shortcut and this is usually fine, you only need to kill 2 robots which is quicker than waiting for a party member to rez and catch up with the group. I was playing with guildies the other day and said no shortcut and got mocked, asked them to just kill the robots and they refused, more rude and mocking comments, so yeah people can be jerks about this stuff even when you least expect it.

The most recent one I can think of is the one between two shipping crates in Red Reaper. I'll see the whole rest of them run through.

I believe it's Directive 7, I seem to have problems with the tents that hug the wall. Specifically, only one tent. The last one.

The most recent one I can think of is the one between two shipping crates in Red Reaper. I'll see the whole rest of them run through.

I believe it's Directive 7, I seem to have problems with the tents that hug the wall. Specifically, only one tent. The last one.

I have seen some Male Body 3 & 4 have some trouble with tight spaces. Most recent one in memory was a Body 4 Powertech that couldn't fit through one of the shortcuts between crates to avoid the Jedi in Boarding Party. I thought he was joking with us until I watched him run in place trying to get his fat butt through:p My Merc is Male Body 1 - so no trouble with tight spaces and he fits in most overhead compartments.

If it makes you feel any better, it usually takes me several tries to get up on those tents in D-7. I don't run it often enough to be very practiced

There are some places in this game you cannot fit as 3-4 bodytype male. For example, Athiss, the room with champions in it. On my bodytype 2 males and all females I can run through sidewall decoration, but on my bodytype 3 powertech I just get stuck.

Same with that one shortcut behind the statue in Maelstrom, male types 3-4 do not fit behind it, have to really hug the statue to avoid pulls.

More notorious is the datacron in Ulgo palace on Alderaan. Male bodytype 3 cannot fit inside the passway due to being too tall and your best hope is to glitch through with /stuck command. If skipping in FP is just a convenience, not being able to get a datacron is a legitimate bug.

More notorious is the datacron in Ulgo palace on Alderaan. Male bodytype 3 cannot fit inside the passway due to being too tall and your best hope is to glitch through with /stuck command. If skipping in FP is just a convenience, not being able to get a datacron is a legitimate bug.

I think it was 1.4 1.5? but they done a pass of all the datacrons in that patch.

This particular one was fixed, along with the corellia one near the rep base, and the one on Alderaan on the dam(which I wish they didnt fix :p, prior to the patch, you could hop and jump your way up to the datacron, now you must have the MGGS to get it.